LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » DETOX FOOTPAD RESULTS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DETOX FOOTPAD RESULTS
jpsmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23895

Icon 5 posted      Profile for jpsmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I have results from footpad detox testing via www.healthmarvels.com
How do I post an image??
My concern for my sons is copper?
Any ideas where copper would be coming from?
Thanks all [bow]

Posts: 443 | From The North Star | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you check the URL and repost? I just checked that page and it brought me to a godaddy parked page.

Copper is actually an essential mineral. Not one you should need to have concern over.

Here are the top 200 foods that have copper in them:
http://top200foods.com/Nutrients/Copper,%20Cu/312/mg

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jpsmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jpsmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone tell me how to post a photo/ attach it to a url???
Thanks

Posts: 443 | From The North Star | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During my pre-Lyme diagnosis days, I was diagnosed with copper toxicity via hair analysis. My copper levels were through the roof. My test also showed very low levels of zinc and other minerals.

My nutritionist supplemented me with zinc, manganese and some other minerals and withheld copper.

Since then, Dr. K in WA has speculated that the high levels of copper are not indicative of copper toxicity. They are indicative of zinc deficiency. I can't remember why the body dumps so much copper. Maybe to maintain a balance?

Anyway, look into HPU/KPU, which is mineral deficiency (especially zinc) that can lead to compromised detox pathways.

GiGi here has posted LOTS of info from Dr. K. Do a search of her recent posts.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/193kpu

Here's an article. It states that the body uses iron and copper to fight infections, then the oxidized copper appears in the connective tissue. This can look like copper toxicity, when in fact it is copper deficiency.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jpsmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jpsmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW, thank you 8-D
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detox foot pads are minimally effective and are somewhat controversial as they will turn the same color/s w/o being applied to one's feet.

Your money is better spent on much more effective detox measures such as the Pekana drainage kit or ACZ Nano.

Best.

Derej

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mattnapa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mattnapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boxermom- I am interested on the story with copper, but I could not find it easily from your link
Posts: 357 | From California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mattnapa - if you open this pdf http://www.publichealthalert.org/pdf/2010_05.pdf

and use the search feature in adobe reader (box at the top)... enter "copper" it will take you to the exact spot in the article where they talk about the copper deficiency.

It's about 2 paragraphs long.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement