LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » whoa..symptom relapse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: whoa..symptom relapse
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had been doing really well treating Bart, there were days when I felt almost completely well. Yesterday and the day before however, I started getting heart palpitations again, anxiety, rages, confusion. Some of the worst I have ever felt.

To boot, my ears have starting ringing louder and louder, to the point that it drowns out other noises. I'm pretty miserable.
I need to get my ears under control. Can anyone give me a suggestion? It has become unbearable. They are consistently clogged, and the ringing has gotten progressively worse over a year, to the point where I cannot think straight...

PLEASE HELP!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of the abx can cause ear ringing-check and make sure it's not a side effect-esp zith.
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

I haven't taken Zith in 5 months
Camp Other
Unregistered

You can get tinnitus from infection itself.

One way to combat it is to find out at what frequency your ear is ringing - the tone. Then look for music that does not contain that tone and play it - repeatedly. The brain can remap auditory processing so the ringing gets dampened over time.

There is some research out there on this, and someone can possibly create a CD for you that would help.

See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8429715.stm

There is surgery to treat tinnitus, but I don't recommend it due to risks - especially if more treatment may help alleviate it.

In the meantime, music and white noise generators can be helpful. But the *right* music is the most helpful.

BoxerMom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have those symptoms with Babs, especially the tinnitus and ear fullness, which is new for me.

What is your Babs status?

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

have not treated for babs. I tested neg., which of course means nothing. Doc does not think I have it (as of 4 months ago. The babs symptoms that I have are the ones that overlap with Lyme. - Dizziness, lightheadedness...

I do not get air hunger, sore throat, night sweats, I have not had a fever since I was treating Lyme with IM bicillin, 5 months ago. I am aware that this doesn't mean I don't have Babesia.

2 big clues are - bi weekly flu like symptoms that I get. A feeling like a bad flu is coming on. Lasts for about 2-3 days and then I feel fine for another 2 weeks. Another is the dizziness. It comes and goes. But it has not gone away completely. 1.5 years ago I was falling over in the aisles of Walmart. Today I can ride a bicycle and exercise. The dizziness is much slighter than it was, but it is still there. but way less than it was before I started Bicillin shots.

So I guess the answer to you, Boxermom, is that yes I do think I have Babs. I see LLMD in 2 weeks. Should I ask for Babs treatment? I'm not sure the Bart is completely gone. Perhaps we can do both at once.

Camp other, I'm sure it isn't but what you're describing sounds impossible. How does one find out what frequency their ears are ringing at? And once that has been determined, how do you find music that DOESN'T contain that frequency? It sounds plausible in theory, but the "how" has me perplexed.

elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your ear ringing might be due to the recent increase in solar activity...something to consider...

http://spaceweather.com/

For one thing, the 'Radio Sun' values, which normally are at 86 or so and rarely climb above 90 have been above 100 for like a week now...105 today.

--------------------
Urge Congress on EMF Safety, FCC Must Change Exposure Guidelines for Microwave Radiation Exposure: http://tinyurl.com/2cjq54y
Halt Universal Broadband, A Public Health Hazard:
http://tinyurl.com/3x7xrmq

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

I had not thought of that, or even knew of it! Wouldn't all of our ears be ringing if this were the case?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement