LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Zhang HH Bartonella

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Zhang HH Bartonella
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, chest pain and anxiety seem to be the most prominent symptoms. I couldn't tolerate Rifampin in the past, and quinolones are damaging to my body.

I had Zhang HH sitting in my cupboard. I took it a while back, but stopped since I didn't like taking a pill that gave me more anxiety panic attacks.

I was looking at Rifampin sitting next to HH, and decided to try the HH again first. My liver was under stress, so I don't think Rifampin is a good idea.

Anyway, I have heard many say you need 10 of these pills and bla bla bla.

I take one, and I am anxious and paranoid. My chest pain increases (a real pain, not anxiety induced chest pressure). If I take 2, I am like a paranoid schizo. I was wondering if the herb just makes me anxious, but I have musculoskeletal pain today, and my chest even hurts more. My heart flutters at times (a sensation that used to scare me), but in reality, it feels like there is die-off in my chest.

Doxycycline caused the same type of stuff when I started it, but it was weaker. So, whatever bug this HH hits seems to be the bug doxy can't quite kill.

I just don't hear of anyone having the same experience with HH, but I guess we are all different.

I am not usually paranoid, but I do recognize that I was paranoid last night and woke up early feeling paranoid this morning.

An owl came to visit me last night while I was outside, and stared right at me. I never had such a thing happen in my life (never even seen a wild owl up close), and I woke up spooked this morning thinking about that owl.

Anyway, I hate taking a pill that makes me more anxious and causes paranoia, but at least I haven't had panic attacks in many months now (fingers crossed). Nothing is worse and more torturous than then than panic attacks I used to get. Nothing.

I'm wondering if anyone else responds really strong to 1 capsule 3x a day of HH.

Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I took up to 20 a day. Nothing really.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other thing you might want to verify -- is it HH or HH-2. The HH-2 is supposed to be twice as strong I think.

I only used 3 or 4 bottles of the HH and 1 bottle of the HH-2 for hubby -- it just didn't seem to do much. I think he took 3 of the HH 3 times per day and 2 of the HH-2 3 times per day as the maximum dose. He could tell it was trying to help, but felt it was not strong enough.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
365SunnyDays
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 365SunnyDays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've taken HH for about a month -- 1 capsule of HH2 or 2 capsules of HH 3X/day. I don't notice anything at all. The Zhang herbs that I've noticed most from are Artemisia, Allicin and Circulation P (it's doing something because at first it made me kind of dizzy).

--------------------
We really know so little about the body and the microbiome.

Posts: 261 | From Southern California | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't get myself to ingest another pill. I feel too scared to even take the antibiotics I normally take.

How do you treat something when you simply can't handle the treatments? I know my thresholds, and I refuse to end up with the incompassionate pricks in the ER.

HH gave me a 99.5 degree fevers last time I was taking it, and I think I am getting that same fever again.

The Lyme is just about gone. I used to herx terribly from the treatments, but not so much anymore.

I'm trying my best to keep calm, but I am officially in another world.

I am once again reminded how real this other infection is.

Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your symptoms do sound like Bartonella. My daughter has been taking Bar1 from Healthy Directions and her symptoms are rapidly diminishing. None of the BW Formulas seemed to work for her. She also takes other supplements but this one seems to hit it. She also takes crypto alternating with wormwood and colloidal silver.

You should be prepared to stay on the Bar1 for several months.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

I just realized Nutramedix carries Houttuynia (same as HH I think) now.

And the Nutramedix I can slowly increase.

I think I will have to abandon Zhang's stuff for now, and start with Nutramedix as you start with 1 drop a day and work up.

I don't need to end up on more benzos. I won't do that again.

http://www.nutramedix.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=3&idproduct=44

kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Got back on the wagon today. Felt fine before I took the HH. Now I am all spaced out, more anxious, and my head hurts.

Had to take pain killers (rare) last night because of bone pain and musculoskeletal pain (which is gone this morning).

I slept well last night after skipping a day, and my chest pain was much better than usual this morning.

When showering, I noticed the fingertips on my left hand burn. Ummm, this is new, and I never heard of such a symptom. The warm water feels like it was burning hot on my fingertips.

Anyway, I can live with that symptom, it's just strange. It feels like the tips of my fingers could blister.

Don't know what I am killing for sure (nor do I care), but given the anxiety/disconnected feeling, it sounds like bartonella to me.

kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Wasn't as anxious today, but still a lot more anxious than normal.

Couchbound all day today. Slept most of the day,. This is not normal for me. I am usually pretty functional now. Feeling pretty sick (not a virus, believe me).

This herb also makes me burp (many hours after taking it), and I get a taste of it in my mouth.

Taking Curcumin as an anti-inflammatory as I can't (and could never) stomach the prescription or OTC stuff for some reason.

I don't understand why this herb is extremely potent for me while I read from so many others that it doesn't help.

I can only handle 2 a day. I get fevers. My detox and methylation is fine, but stools were clay colored today. I figure my body and liver is under a lot of stress right now, and perhaps I am not dumping bile like normal. I have seen this happen before with treatment. Like it temporarily gets backlogged.

Anyway, I'm sure it's the HH. Very, very, potent for whatever I have. Maybe not as much as Rifampin, but I couldn't tolerate without ending up getting hypothermia and a CT of my head.

kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

HH isn't hitting me as hard physically today, but neuropsychologically I am having more problems. The last couple days I have been pretty much bed/couch bound. Yesterday, my mother pointed out that I was stuttering a lot. I didn't notice until she mentioned it.

However, I am having my first panic attacks in many months! Nothing triggers them. If anything, maybe it was the light and heat shining at me through the window. I just sit there and wait for them to pass, and they have been fortunately.

I'm hoping this is a positive sign, because after the panic attacks I wondered why am I doing this to myself. I was feeling optimistic before the panic attacks. And yes, HH works for me.

carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kday,

HH was THE thing for my bart. i took 1 @ 2x/day for a month or two and then upped it to 2 @ 2x/day. The anxiety herxing wasn't as intense as yours, by any means, but the neurologial herxing was the most extreme response to any med I took.

The healing that occurred as a result was (and still is) amazing to me.

For me, and it sounds like for you, HH was a wonder drug.

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Glad to see someone with a positive experience on HH.

I continue to feel like hell on it. No sleep last night. I was previously sleeping fine for the most part.

Though I continue to take it. I can only handle 2/day (if that), and when I went to 3/day I woke up with an intense feeling of doom (a symptom I have experienced many times in the past) and in lots of pain. Woke up with pain under left ribcage, so I took another half day off.

I think the intense anxiety is definitely from a herx response, but I think it's also partly because of the damage Cipro caused a year ago or so.

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How are you doing on the HH? Any improvement yet?

Maybe, back up on the dosage and pulse?

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickbiter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickbiter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
could anyone direct me to a website that sells Zhang's HH?
Posts: 113 | From south dakota | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.sinomedresearch.org
Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

I was told you are supposed to put pill in another empty capsule so it disolves in your intestines not in your stomach.
CherylSue
Member # 13077

I was told you have to put the HH pill in another empty capsule so it dissolves in your intestines and not in your stomach. This avoids the nausea, but I don't know about the emotional herxes.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement