LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » A question on :Herbal 'ABX' ... ABX like properties etc...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A question on :Herbal 'ABX' ... ABX like properties etc...
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< Lyme Family >>>>>,

looking for info on what I might be able to take that has antibiotic type properties...

Garlic,Olive Leaf Extract, Cinnamon, Coconut oil, Oregano...

What else could I take 7. ...things are tight financially... trying to get a list together.

Maybe Elderberry etc does that help 7.

Any replies and info greatly appreciated. I need something safe and effective, new Dr. doesn't generally do antibiotics,etc.

Tired of the darn sinus infections etc.

Thanks from Silverwolfi

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this top ten site for natural antbiotics. I believe that colloidal silver is a very good alternative to abx. I am personally using the teasel, olive leaf and cat's claw.
Will be adding in silver soon.

http://www.lymebook.com/lyme-grapefruit-lauricidin-colloidal-silver-samento

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< lululymemom >>>>>,

Thanks for the link [Smile] ,I have a few of these ,but wasn't sure what all I needed!!!

I appreciate this greatly!!!

Jus' SIlverwolfi

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cat's claw, andrographis, resveratrol...

Go to www.planetthrive.com, and check out Buhner's book "Healing Lyme"

Posts: 453 | From TX | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For sheer killing power, Andrographis and Garlic. Start slow.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.healthy.net see the Herbal Medicine Center by David Hoffmann

www.christopherhobbs.com see online herbal prescriber database. Christopher keeps it short but sweet on his site, but many of his books go into scientific depth.

You can also do a subject search on the healthy.net site, only top naturopaths post on this site so it's really reliable information.

I have done really well with the Healthy Directions herbal products in Rohnert Park, CA fyi. I did not do any abx and still made really good progress after only six months. When I tried abx I was miserable and whapped. No such experience on the herbs, some herx's yes but most of them minor and the others bearable. Yet good progress. That's at least my experience, each person's body is different and we all respond to different things.

[ 03-06-2011, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: chiquita incognita ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

PS regarding elderberry:
It is traditionally more associated with colds and flu of the upper respiratory tract. http://www.healthy.net/Materia_Medica/Elder_Herbal_Materia_Medica/201

Christopher Hobbs does mention it being a good detoxifier and immune modulator, helpful with sciatica and neuralgia (useful in lyme). See his website for details.

Cinnamon: Generally useful for diabetic and digestive support but not so much as anti-bacterial that I am aware of.

Other herbs you mentioned sound helpful.

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about lactoferrin? Lots of interesting stuff about that... I've posted about it many times here.

How about grapefruit seed extract - it's strong stuff so use with caution! There are mixed opinions about that one.

Some people are cautious about colloidal silver - not due to turning blue but because it is a metal. Some people are cautious about using any "nano" products (some colloidal silvers are nano) & also taking too many metals.

Goldenseal & aloe vera also have been suggested but it depends on the reason you need an antibiotic. I don't think it's good to take some of these things for extended amounts of time.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI - Herbal Antibiotics: Natural Alternatives for Treating Drug-Resistant Bacteria (Storey Medicinal Herb Guide) [Paperback]
Stephen Harrod Buhner

http://www.amazon.com/Herbal-Antibiotics-Alternatives-Drug-Resistant-Medicinal/dp/1580171486

more...

manuka honey - http://www.manukaonline.com/

--

Natural Alternatives for Treating Drug-Resistant Bacteria

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/herbs2.htm

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< lululymemom,VB, BoxerMom, chiquita incognita, and sparkle 7 >>>>>,

Thanks so much for the links and info',... trying to find help that the non lyme Drs. wont give me.

I don't take antibiotics or any med when I don't have to...sometimes we have to...

I am at the I know my body,and I know when an antibiotic is needed stage. New Dr. gone all IDSA Steere camp.

Excuse the facetiousness here[these are not direct quotes,i am venting]: - Dr." Oh you have a history of Lyme and Co infections...

well obviously you are a drug fiend out to create many more antibiotic resistant strains of infections...and to get all the painkillers and prescriptions you can."-

**Me : "uh no,no I don't take anything I don't absolutely have to have... would you like to check the pharmacy I use !! [sorry no q.mark].

Dr. your welcome to get my records from the free clinic that can't carry me any longer...I wont even go to most Drs. if I don't absolutely have to ...

Okay, Dr. I am just trying to keep my diabetes,BP and many other issues under control,and be able to rest, to stay alive..."**

-Dr. " Oh I am sure you are a nut case... must take your blood to see if your honest...blood ...blood bloodbloodblood blood...".-

Again ,I am being facetious but most of us come up against this sort of thing...'its all in your head, you want attention, your a mental case...'etc...

My Hubby TxC' and I are both ill,on a very limited income,and w/ our inability to have children [Lyme related,as I now know] we fall thru the cracks in our state.

Lots of bills,mostly medical,and sometimes we get overwhelmed... VA is trying to deny TxC's hardship waver for the 3rd time,and we cannot travel to VA hospital 3hrs for his tests, treatments etc. -if they do-...he has VA,I have nothing,no insurance etc...

Okay back to subject at hand... i appreciate the info' and will check the links this weekend, right now I have to have a blood test and figure out how to pay for it...

BBL,Thanks again so much...please pardon the vent...overtired,over-weary,overwhelmed...

Jus Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Hi Silverwolf
Here is another idea.

In most healthfood stores, there is a book that is used as the reference source for customers. It is called Healthy Healing by Linda Rector Pagen, ND

It has a page about lyme protocols, naturally. You could photocopy the page, if the store will allow you to do that. Often they do. (I also recommend owning the book at home. It's not about lyme specifically, but has a page devoted to many different ailments and how to take care of them at home. Lots of detox info, nutrition info, other valuable things).

Olive leaf is one of the recommended ones for lyme in Dr Page's book.

I agree with Sparkle that to take aloe or goldenseal *longterm* is not a good idea. Generally, one or two weeks but not longer. Unless the goldenseal is low dosage.

I also agree with Sparkle that GSE is strong. Use it gradually, starting with a low dose to see how you do with it. Gradually increase, only one drop at a time.

Maybe consider one drop every second day to start with, just to see how your body takes to it. Then increase to one drop every day. Add one drop every alternating day, ie one drop on Day 1 then two drops on Day 2, until finally you increase to 2 drops every day. Etc.

That way your body gets acclimated to it, slowly.

Artemesinin may be helpful, and resveratrol for bartonella, ditto.

the above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and do not diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.

[ 03-06-2011, 03:08 AM: Message edited by: chiquita incognita ]

sparkle7
Member # 10397

There are alot of good options if you have to be your own doctor. You do have to study, though.

Stephen Buhner's books are a good place to start. I would suggest doing a parasite cleanse. So many things in our types of illnesses are related to parasites. Some people say that Lyme spirochetes have parasitic inclinations, as well.

Do be careful, since you have other heath conditions. Make sure any of the herbs you try do not adversely effect the conditions you have.

Other options may be rife machines, homoepathy, salt/C protocol. Some people did well with combining homeopathic nosodes with infrared light.

I've posted an extensive threads about artemesia & lactoferrin. Maybe go back into the threads to see what others have done. I know of several people (at least) who got well on their own or by using alternative methods.

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GSE (grapefruit seed extract)?
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

yes.
rajon
Member # 29277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rajon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link to a supplement called Bio-Defender that I am thinking about trying.

They have other abx type herbs if you look under Lyme. I like the way you can search the site in multiple ways.

It'a availabe from this site (link below)that I found while looking into the Cowden Protocol.

Their prices are very good from what I can tell, but reviews are mixed on shipping and customer service, some rave, some complain.

Herbalremidies.com

I enjoyed browsing their site, and I think I will try some of the products I saw there.

Posts: 81 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Looks interesting, rajon. Raintree has a good website too. Mostly herbs from the Amazon...

http://www.rain-tree.com/rtmprod.htm

---

Lactoferrin

http://search.lef.org/cgi-src-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=0&page_id=2340&query=apolactoferrin&hiword=apolactoferrin%20

---

I think olive leaf & monolaurin are anti-virals.

rajon
Member # 29277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rajon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey that's great. I was racking my brain last night trying to find or remember that site that starts with an R or with rain . . . LoL

Thanks. I love the look of their site with that cool wallpaper. Going right to my favorites.

I know that Herbalremidies.com has multiple sites under different names.

Very interesting piece on Lactoferrin. I should try that too. I must look at my budget.

One could easily get into the $300 per month range with only 6 supplements if each one cost approx $35 per month.

I wonder what products people experienced in herbs/supplements would recommend to buy if they has a budget of $100, or $200, or $300?

How would they prioritize the products they would buy & why?

Posts: 81 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) nasal spray is good for treating sinus infections. Use 2 sprays in each nostril (sniff deeply) 3-4x per day until symptoms have been gone for at least a couple days. You can find this cheap online, one bottle will last for months. It works great.
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Lyme Family Repliers >>>>>,

Thanks again for the fantastic info'!!!

Will try to comment more tommorrow...

I can't use grapefruit or most of the GSE products due to my BPmeds... Wondering if I could use it as nasal drops/nasal mist tho' 7.

BBL Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a colloidal silver nasal spray that's also good for sinus infections... Peaceful Mountain makes it...called Nasal Rescue...I found it at a local health food store (I have no financial connections with this company/product).

Another thing to look into is Essential Oils. I've seen more than one source that refers to Clove Oil (must be 100% pure theraputic grade; perfume grade is too impure/poor quality & thus unsafe to use for healing) as good for getting rid of Bartonella. Clove oil also has strong antibacterial properties, and has an extremely high rating on the ORAC scale for antioxidants.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nutramedix Cumanda and Samento are my favorite killers because they worked for us!

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Lyme Family Repliers >>>>>,

Sorry I'm so far behind I tho't I was a head...as the saying goes.

New med [Dr. is not LL]for Cholesteral is making me very tired [more than usual]. Fish oil/Omegas etc. haven't brought it down enough yet.

More trials-frustrations w/ TxC' getting meds that will help...and getting them here on time. So again sorry for answering delays.

I appreciate everyones input very very much.

Just Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

sparkle7
Member # 10397

I heard that xylitol is good for nasal sprays. I don't use them but I read some good stuff about it.

rajon - There's always the salt/C protocol. That's really cheap!

Sometimes, people spend alot of money & don't necessarily get better. It's finding the "correct" treatment for "you" that's important.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement