LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Back after a long time with some questions.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back after a long time with some questions.
Mishelly00
Member # 5897

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mishelly00   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
Haven't been on here in ages. I was diagnosed in 2002....Had up and downs and now on my 3rd LLMD. My first on save my life in my opinion but was sent to someone who is a Neurologist and LLMD. Well I can say that DID NOT work out.!! LOL Now here I go again. I think I was almost at a full recovery just to have most symptoms if not more come back. My insurance canceled coverage on all my ABX injections which mad a HUGE improvement for me. [Frown] So went with nothing for 2 years and have slowly gone down hill. Now I feel this is my last hope with this new Dr. I am seeing in DC. I am sure you pretty much know who I am talking about. Expensive and longgggg ride.

My question is I am not used to taking all these meds supplements ect..... I have no clue when to take what??? I have been on Supplements for month and seizure meds to get me stable to start killing the lyme. I also have Babs.

Ok this is what I am being started on. Literally today. LOL
Omnicef 300mg 2 tabs 2 times a day.
Zithro 500mg 1 tab 2 times a day.
Septre DS 1 1/2 tabs 2 times per day.
My days for the abx are Mon,Wed,Fri for right now...3 weeks on 1 week off.
Also Flagyl 500mg 1 tab 2 times per day (only on Thursday and Fri.
Also on 9 supplements and Vitamins and Probiotics & Deplin, Clonazapam & Atenolol Gluten free diet also starting.... UGGHH!

So sorry for the list. I was taking the vitamins and supplements little at a time during the day as I could to fit them all in. I would like to split them into 2 seperate times per day as taking all at once will not be good for me. As for Probiotics....I am not sure how much to take...is too much bad??? and how far away from antibiotics?

So can anyone please help on how to make a schedule. I took my 3 abx today to start but seperated them all in case of reaction. Well I can't doing this all the time or I will be taking pills every hour and need space in between..sooooo confusing.

So can I take Omnicef, Zithro & Septre Ds together at one time and space them 12 hours. When should I take probiotics??? I wake around 7:30 each morning to get my kiddo ready for school. Usually up pretty late with a nap in the afternoon.

Sorry I wrote a book just need help figuring this out. I have all this treatment plans written out but no times or suggestions. I don't want to kill myself taking to much together. Thanks so much, Michelle

Posts: 79 | From Oxford,MA,01540 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toboein
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toboein     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cant help you with scheduling the abx, im not experienced in either of those (except bactrim) and dont know how to take them together or not or w food ect..

I will say , probiotics! You can never have enough - make sure you take them at LEAST 2 hours AWAY from the abx. If you take them too close to the abx, they will be killed off instantly and be rendered useless. On the days you are not taking abx, make sure to load yourself up on probiotics as well, as sometimes when the abx are stopped is when the yeast really has a party.

My advice would be to review everything you are taking and figure out if some need to be with food, and if some are better without. That way you can make it rather than times, but with meals. This pill with lunch, these with dinner, so forth. But make sure you write down your schedule, hang it on the fridge, take it to work, so you dont forget!

--------------------
A tiny bug no bigger than a pimple on your butt can change your life.

Posts: 101 | From Southern NJ | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mishelly00
Member # 5897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mishelly00   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ty...good idea on my off days too load up more on the probiotics! [Smile]

I will check about needing to take with meals ect. I took Omnicef and Septre with some food earlier. about 3 hours ago...so far stomache is ok. I just had no idea if I can take all of them at the same time. If it's safe for me to do that.?? This is overwhelming. I think I am going to go get a big dry erase board and put my schedule on it.
I have had so much water I think I am going to float away..lol

Posts: 79 | From Oxford,MA,01540 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can take the Omnicef, Septra DS, and Zith all at the same time.

Then, 3 hours later, take probiotics. Take your supplements at lunch. You can take more with dinner if you like. Just be sure to take them at least 2 hours away from your next bunch of meds.

I assume you will take the meds around 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.

So, take probiotics again at bedtime, 10:30 p.m. or later. This way, they will work all night.

Supplements need food in order to be properly absorbed, so take them with meals for that reason. Put them in baggies and carry them with you if you are going out to eat.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beth22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beth22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I'll second that. I am so sick of water. It is making me crave other drinks. that i can't have cause of the sugar. Sick sick of water.
I take doxy and omnicef together at breakfast, probiotics at lunch, abx at dinner, chorella at bedtime. I take other stuff too so I had to make a written schedule.

Posts: 236 | From Zionsville IN | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mishelly00
Member # 5897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mishelly00   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TY TY [Smile] That helped a lot!!! I was in such a brain fog when I talked to the Dr. and forgot to ask about when to take all this.... But that schedule sounds perfect for me!! [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement