LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Pressure in my eyes becoming unbarable...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pressure in my eyes becoming unbarable...
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nicole2011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was my worst symptom before i found out i had Lyme it was SOOO unbarable. When i started Doxy it subsided now it feels like its getting worse everyday & i think thats whats helping raise my anxiety because i dont think i can go back down that road again.. Why could it possibly be coming back???

[ 03-22-2011, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Nicole2011 ]

--------------------
Neuro-Lyme (possible bart)
Symptoms started Jan 2011::Diagnosed Feb 11th,2011::
*Anything is possible thru God who strengthens me*

Posts: 775 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, but my pressure is at the base of my skull, in the 'dent' in the back of my head and in my lower jaw.

I blame it on this...

http://spaceweather.com/

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/archive.html#2006

--------------------
Urge Congress on EMF Safety, FCC Must Change Exposure Guidelines for Microwave Radiation Exposure: http://tinyurl.com/2cjq54y
Halt Universal Broadband, A Public Health Hazard:
http://tinyurl.com/3x7xrmq

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you still on doxy? If so, it can increase cranial hypertension, which can cause the headaches and pressure. It used to be called Pseudotumor Cerebri.

If it's bad enough, you may need to ask your dr to change you to a different med.

As you get better, this symptom should improve, however. But in the meantime, you need relief. Talk to your LLMD.

Posts: 3770 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole2011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumgirl- Yes im stiil on Doxy, i thought maybe i was herxing, i didnt know it was from the abx. If it continues im definetly changing it!

--------------------

Posts: 775 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole2011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if i go to the ER can a catscan see inflamation?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Wow. So how would i know if its inflamation or not?

--------------------

lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree about the doxy.. I would ask to be switched to something else. I'm not sure how you would know for sure if it's inflamation, but if you are feeling alot of pressure I think it's safe to assume it is.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would you DO if it WAS inflammation?? As long as you are taking supplements that address that issue, there really isn't much you can do but wait for the abx to get rid of the Lyme & Co.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Lymetoo- I'm actually only taking vitamin C. I dont know any supplements that can help me, what should i take?

--------------------

momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/105304#000000
Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I just looked at momintexas' link.. pretty well covers it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if the doxy is pushing back the lyme and the Bart (if that's what's causing the eye pain) is coming to the foreground. Maybe treating for Bart would help.

Make sure to tell your new LLMD all of this. Write it down and let him read it - remember, his visits are short!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tooo think it is obviously inflammation , which means your immune system is leading the war against the pathogen so there is not much you can do, except maybe temporarily reduce the dose of your abx...
Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Shahbah- Is that a good thing that
immune system is leading the war against the pathogen?

--------------------

Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nicole, yes it is, of course, when the immune system fights a pathogen, it creates inflammation, thus the pain... But you also have to keep that inflammation under control somehow, thus the supplements, the detox... but I don't think anybody can hope for a cure without having to go through this inflammatory process... That's also why we are against immune supressant drugs, they do supress the inflammation (so we don't feel the pain as much) but the bugs keep progressing even more...
Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Shahbah- Thank you so much for explaining that to me.. do you think by me taking Vitamin C to boost my immune system is adding to the inflamation

--------------------

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parasites - if you have not treated them, do some reading. I am now fully convinced more than ever that you cannot get rid of any symptoms totally unless you seriously start treating parasites.

The parasites enter all areas of the body - they are not restricted to the gut.

REPEAT THE LAST SENTENCE.

They also live in the brain. This just was one heck of a full moon - mark your calender to note your experience when we are coming up to a full moon. Parasites replicate at that time! The longer you wait with treatment, the longer they take your food. They live off your blood and the myelin and who knows what else.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

I think vitamin C reduces inflammation, as it is an antihistamine, so go for it:-)
Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

GigI, have you treated for parasites? When I tried to do so, i got so terribly sick, even more pressure and nerve pain than ever... I did not feel much benefit from that...what if there was also an "auto immune" dimension to consider in all this?
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

I told my Dr im having pressure in my eyes & forehead & he told me to but tyenol sinus.. What does that do?

--------------------

Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Nicole, for me it did not do much, maybe the doc thought you are having a sinus infection... anyway it would not hurt to try in case...
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

I recently just got over a sinus infection in Jan, is it normal to get it again? & im on zithromax & i was told that helps sinus infections

--------------------

lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some do have chronic sinus infections. I've recently read that biofilm can be the reason why these infections don't clear up. Here is a good product that addresses the biofilm issue and keeps the sinuses clear. It does contain grapefruit seed extract so be aware that it can cause a herx reaction.

http://www.iherb.com/Xlear-Inc-Xclear-Soothing-Moisturizing-Nasal-Wash-with-Xylitol-1-5-fl-oz-45-ml/7047?at=0

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

But i thought it was inflamation? this is so confusing

--------------------

lululymemom
Member # 26405

Infections can cause inflammation.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/sinus_infection/article_em.htm

Sinus infection, or sinusitis, is an inflammation of the sinuses and nasal passages. A sinus infection can cause a headache or pressure in the eyes, nose, cheek area, or on one side of the head.

A person with a sinus infection may also have a cough, a fever, bad breath, and nasal congestion with thick nasal secretions. Sinusitis is categorized as acute (sudden onset) or chronic (long term, the most common type).

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

i know what the symptoms are because i had it already but i thought the inflamation was from the disease

--------------------

desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding raised ICP. I have had raised intracranial pressure from my chiari malformation - not from Doxy.

The way that I was diagnosed is via a LP (not saying you should get one). My opening pressure was quite high and I needed to go on medication to reduce the pressure and then eventually surgical intervention for the chiari.

While it can be diagnosed via clinical symptoms an LP is really the only way to know what your pressure reading is.

If you do have raised ICP, in addition to headaches that get worse with activity you would also have vision issues (double vision, field deficits), coordination and balance issues, seizures, personality changes......

You can have your LLMD take a look at your optic nerve to see if there is any indication of pressure on it - another sign of raised ICP.

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

The disease is caused by a bacterial infection which triggers an immune response which in turn causes inflammation.

Many experts now see inflammation as arising from an immune system response that�s out of control. When you catch a cold or sprain your ankle, your immune system switches into gear. Infection or injury trigger a chain of events called the inflammatory cascade.

The familiar signs of normal inflammation � heat, pain, redness, and swelling � are the first signals that your immune system is being called into action.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

lululymemom
Member # 26405

Tried PM.. mailbox full.. I hope the above explains what I was trying to say.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

ok so basically its a good thing that im feeling pressure or inflamation?

--------------------

lululymemom
Member # 26405

It depends if you're feeling inflammation from herx reaction or if you're not addressing the bacterial load.

If it's being caused by the herx reaction this is a simple explanation:

When these antibiotics begin to
destroy the Lyme spirochete, a toxin is given off causing either direct
reactions or indirect actions through stimulation of the immune system.

Remember whichever is causing the immune response you can react with inflammation.

IMO, since you are on combination treatment, most likely you are addressing the bacteria and could be experiencing a die off.

However, when we were treating with abx, the herx reaction was only temporary after taking the antibiotics(couple hours). Not sure what others are experiencing.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement