LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What Medsonix Has Done For My Daughter (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What Medsonix Has Done For My Daughter
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for bringing this back up. I would like to see an update from Orion.

My concern as with any new treatment is ...... does it last?

I beleive that these things work but will it put you into remission.

I've considered many alternative treatments such as HBOT, but I spoke to so many people that said the results didn't last. I was not ready to fork out a couple thousand bucks.

Some people think it's worth it to have some relief for a period of time.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so pleased, but I am not at all surprised. It's amazing. Try to keep it consistent if you can.
Posts: 245 | From Tickafornia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prior post was a response to Diane.
--------------
Haley, about the "does it last" conversation... we did everything, years of orals, 18 months of IV, 3 months of 10X a week HBOT, etc etc etc... you name it, we did it. She was brought back from the brink, she got a "life" again from he IV, but it was still a life with constant pain. Medsonix is what took her over the line and put her squarely back in normal life. She's now working full-time, learning how it is to work for a corporation (not so fun), the ins-and-outs of office politics, what mismanagement looks and feels like; she has a great boyfriend, she's in a 7-month high level Leadership program where she's been encouraged to write an inspirational book about her journey, which she is doing. None of this was possible without Medsonix. She still does it 1X a month. We'd like it to be a cure, but we don't know. We'll take this right now. Perhaps the cure may come, in some part, from being able to feel what it is to have a normal life again.

Posts: 245 | From Tickafornia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Orion. I'm really happy that she is doing so well.

Is she on any meds at all or is she primarily doing the Medsonix?

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

She is not on ANY meds. She takes some supplements, period. She is med-free!!!! When we started, and I think I've said this, she could barely RIDE in the car to Vegas (4 hour ride). NOW, she drives there by HERSELF if need be, she's worked her way up to 4 hours sitting in front of the Medsonix, and she drives the 4 hours back to LA, tarts up, and goes out.
Diana 85
Member # 23929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diana 85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Orion! Thanks for the encouragement!

One thing my daughter likes about Medsonix is that it is a sound therapy, and it does not require needles.

Crossing the blood-brain barrier is an issue with medication for Lyme, so therapies that use alternate methods, such as sound, light, rife, seem to hold some promise.

Medsonix appears to help by supporting and activating the immune system.

It reduces inflammation and improves circulation which are a big problems in Lyme and other chronic illnesses.

If you can drop the inflammation load, and get the blood moving, the body can do a lot more to fight for itself.

Dr. S has written a great deal about reducing inflammation, and while the research on XMRV is in dispute, it has been said that inflammation feeds XMRV.

It seems that each person also needs to address the underlying problems that Lyme has made so much worse.

These could be mold, parasites, gluten sensitivity, a huge viral or bacterial load, etc. So I think this therapy can help a lot, and there may also be other things that a person needs to be doing.

We are going to continue going for treatments as Orion's daughter did, and see how it goes. We are all more hopeful at our house than in the past, which is certainly positive!

I will post updates as we go.

Posts: 43 | From The South | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Wow! This is so good to hear! Cant wait for the updates.
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bringing this post back up to find out the following:

1. Have any others tried this treatment and what were the results? I would especially like to know if chronic pain disappeared.

2. Were your results lasting or do you keep needing additional treatments?

3. Have any new Medsonix centers opened, besides Las Vegas and Naples?

Waiting for replies, especially updates. Thanks.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Orion here, let me update you on my daughter. It does bring down chronic pain, bigtime. Does it last? Yes and no. She got relief for about a month, then it stretched into 6 weeks and going every 4 weeks. Life being what it is, this time it stretched into 2 months, and she has had more pain and is driving to Vegas this Saturday. I don't hold it as a "cure." I can't say if we've killed all the bugs and this is "aftermath," but in any event it has given her a life (working full time +), a boyfriend, and a normal existence.

A question we're kicking around is if Medsonix reduces pain, brings down inflammation, and increases blood flow, and if THAT'S what is making her feel so good, how can we do those things at home in the hopes of getting a similar effect??

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted some options earlier in the thread...
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diana 85
Member # 23929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diana 85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our daughter returned from her third trip to Medsonix this week.

Since her first trip to Medsonix in April, she has had medication changes, and is seeing a new doctor locally with excellent insight regarding digestion and exercise.

She continues to see the doctor she has seen for nearly a year for TBDs. While she made great progress with antibiotics, she was reaching a plateau level that left her with great limitations.

Disabling CFS was a good characterization, and the prospect of a normal life appeared remote.

However, since April she has made significant progress. April and early May were touch and go with some good highlights.

After the second Medsonix trip and recovery from plane travel, she had a better month with some travel and productive days. Every week had a few bad days, but most days she could count on getting some things done.

We just returned from our third Medsonix visit, and the difference in her while traveling and afterward is substantial.

She handled the plane trip without a post-trip multi-day crash. The day after she came home she was tired, but she was grocery shopping and out to dinner with friends.

Her energy level is up and her mental acuity has increased. Orthostatic intolerance has declined. Pain levels appear to have declined, but I will ask her specifically about that.

My own pain from a back injury certainly declined following treatment.

It is difficult to attribute my daughter's rapid improvement to anything except Medsonix. We have begun to anticipate that she will continue on an uphill path.

Currently, it appears she needs to go to Medsonix on a recurring basis to continue improving.

At the least, Medsonix therapy is an excellent adjunct to other treatments, and it may be the most essential treatment. The Medsonix staff we have met have been wonderful.

Posts: 43 | From The South | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to all for the replies. I am so glad to read that this adjunct treatment has helped.

Have any other centers opened other than Las Vegas and Naples? It would be wonderful to have one in the Midwest.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 10 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to hear Dana's daughter's good experience with Medsonix! Very consistent with our experience.
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand..if the treatment is all the same...why charge more if it's just for arthritis?
Why not a set price?

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orion, you were on here when I came on. As you might remember, my daughter started getting sick in her teens as well.

She has had continued progression in her treatment with one major relapse due to overexertion in school activities.

She has yet to get a job due to inconsitent symptoms.

I would be interested in hearing that she continues to improve without further treatment. I know this is not a cure for Lyme Disease, and only meant to give relief for inflammatory illness.

But, it is something to consider. I really appreciate that you have weighed the consequences of coming on here with the new "latest and greatest". For me, this gives the treatment validity.

You have nothing to gain from this, I can tell.

Give your daughter a big hug, from a mother who has sympathy.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been interested in the treatment since you've had this thread going. It's a tough choice though, since it clearly isn't exactly a cure or treatment for Lyme Disease by itself.

There are so many other things we need to do to treat the illness and collateral damage, it's hard to know where our time and $$ are best spent.

But at this point, if anything would give a big boost towards feeling better and functioning better, that would be huge! It's just that one has to triage the time and $$ factor, since so much else has to be addressed.

Crystal ball, please!

Please, everyone who is doing this, keep us updated, as it sounds so promising. It's just not the most practical thing for those of us who have to fly there---which is most of us.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darwinsdream
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for darwinsdream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Id also like to know if there are any older people that have benefited from this procedure.

I am seriously considering doing it. i live is AZ so it is do-able for me. The problem that does bother me is having to go once a month for treatments. I know i can drive but calculating the costs of staying, gas, treatment can still add up.

I know there are no guarantees but i guess we are all just trying to get the best information before spending the money - once again.

I have to say though - I am doing more and more reading on it and am getting pretty excited about it.

So - Anyone older out there doing it? I guess i ask this because, you know, we don't bounce back as easily as the younger ones.

Posts: 140 | From Phoenix AZ | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

I recommended Medsonix to a Lyme patient, who took her 85 year old father, who was losing his sight due to restricted blood flow to his eyes. He was a retired doctor. In the morning, before the treatment, he could not read the breakfast menu, so she read it to him. Then, at the end of the day, after two 30 min. treatments, they went to dinner and he could read the menu! Also, he did not need his usual afternoon nap, and then wanted to go to a movie, which they did, and he did NOT fall asleep like he would always do. He was begging for one to come to LA! There are a LOT of us begging for one to come to LA!
Imaginit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imaginit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just called Medsonix and they told me for lyme I would need four treatments in the am and four in the pm and to do that for three days. Cost is $199 for four treatments--acutally quite cheap in the lyme world imo. They also have a rate of $99 at the Bellagio for lyme patients. As for returning every month, they said it's up to the person. One could go every month or every two or three months. Makes it easier for us who live a long way away like in Montana.
Posts: 123 | From Montana | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

I'd try it out once and see how that goes. VERY important to take an inventory of symptoms before starting... meaning you walked in the door with a headache of X, fatigue of X, joint pain of X, etc. And then note any changes you have at the end of each day, or the next morning. When you start to feel better, you can easily forget how badly you felt before. We started out at one month intervals, and now we are at 6 week intervals, except this time, when -- because life was so good -- we let it go to 2 months. We are in LA, a 4 hour drive away, so it's relatively easy to get there. It's a "commute!"

Also, remember that they can't answer any medical questions, so don't ask. They are not allowed to under their FDA designation. Some people have been inappropriate about this. Just enjoy the ride!

Please report back!!!!!

Diana 85
Member # 23929

My daughter says her pain is much less after treatment. Also, many older people go to Medsonix and appear to have much benefit from it.
Diana 85
Member # 23929

As Orion said, if you try it, do inventory your symptoms first. After our first visit, I was not sure how much Medsonix had helped my daughter versus the stress of traveling, especially by plane.

However, I knew it had helped me. After another few visits, it has clearly helped her. Tonight she is busy reorganizing my pantry, which is quite a change from a few months ago.

We met an older gentleman with Lyme at Medsonix, and his wife told me he was getting a lot of benefit from it.

Hope to hear other's experiences!

Imaginit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imaginit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Diane and Orion,
Should one do just one treatment and then come back a month later. How did your treatments go? Did you do several a day? One a day for several days or what? Thanks for your help.

Posts: 123 | From Montana | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

That is sooo great to hear! This is why I waited a YEAR to tell anybody about this. We have suffered so much financially from Lyme... I did not not want to have one other person suffer needlessly.
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to sidetrack but CFS can be caused by a parasite called Cryptostrongylus Pulmoni - hidden lung worm. You may want to have your daughter try an anti-parasite protocol...?

fyi - http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diffdx/klapow.html

I had CFS when I was in my 20s & it went away but I developed Fibromyalgia 8 years later - which was re-diagnosed as Lyme. The anti-parasite herbs really helped me.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does one find out where the machines are available?
Posts: 641 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

I was still wondering if any new centers have opened (or will be opening?).

I only know of two: one in Las Vegas and the other in Naples, FL.

orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Imaginit...
It depends on how far away you are from Naples FL or Las Vegas NV. If you are close enough and have the resources enough to do it, I'd give it a couple of times..., document the results, and go from there. It really DOES bring down inflammation, increase blood flow, and decrease pain

orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Dan67,
There are only two places with Medsonix machines... Las Vegas and Naples, FL, at this time. [Frown]

Diana 85
Member # 23929

Hi Imaginit,
My daughter has gone twice a day for 3 days when we went to Medsonix. I think repeated visits may have more success in terms of a consistently better lifestyle.

I had read some reports from people who went once, and then returned some months later after the benefits of the initial visit wore off. However, Orion's account on Lymesucks.org recorded monthly visits with continuing improvement, with a result in her daughter leading an amazingly normal life.

I would recommend going more than once, but try it first, and go from there.

As far as the treatments, my daughter has often felt poorly after the first day. The next two days are better, and on this third visit, the plane trip did not affect her badly. She has had a good overall energy level since returning. Still much to deal with, but amazing progress since April.

Diana 85
Member # 23929

Hi Sparkle7!
Thanks so much for the article on the link between CFS and parasites. I had noticed that CFS doctors have often used wormwood in their protocols. With a compromised immune system, it is easy to see that parasites become another issue to address.

nighthunter21
Member # 32937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nighthunter21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone! Like so many I have battled the lyme for years (I am 60 years old) useing most of the newest and greatest supposed treatments available with little results until Medsonix.

My results have been as orion has stated of her daughter except maybe more reactions from the treatments (sick, headaches)

I take 2 hours morning treatments and 2 each afternoon for 4 days.

Normally the first day I feel fantastic with the morning treatment with reactions of sickness after the afternoon treatment.

The second thru fourth day treatments seem to bring me up each day.

My daughter (33 yrs) also has Lyme and has now had 2 months treatments with similar results.

My wife has had a few treatments with us with no reaction from them (she does not have lyme) except some arthritus releif.

My foot problems from diabetes has greatly improved.

The plane flight and full day of travel has become much less stressful as the treatments have progressed.

I have gone from almost no activities to makeing 12 hour fishing trips (yes they were very hard on me).

Is this a treatment worth the money? No question for me and my daughter.

Al (the owner and inventor of the equipment) is really nice guy that has reduced the cost of treatments for us lyme patients.

Try it if you can as I think you may find some releif as we have.

Posts: 8 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diana 85
Member # 23929

Nighthunter,
This is great news! Glad you are doing so well!

mjbucuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjbucuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth, I found some interesting websites regarding acoustic therapy:

http://www.orthotripsyok.com/FDA.htm
http://www.healthenvitality.nl/library/files/Der%20Dermatologe_Cellulite%20Sound%20waves%20for%20smoother%20skin-1.pdf
http://makepaingoaway.com/alphasonicmachines.aspx

Posts: 758 | From now TX | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call me paranoid, but why Does nightthunder only have one post on lymenet?
Posts: 641 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nighthunter21
Member # 32937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nighthunter21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dan67 the reason I have not posted here before is I would never reccomend something I did not personly see produce effective results.

If my results are suspect to you just ignore them.

Sorry I contributed to your website in a suspect way. I was only trying to help others. dan67 you can do all the posting here for me from now on.

Posts: 8 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diana 85
Member # 23929

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Diana 85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi dan67, [bonk]
Many of us with Lyme in the family do more reading than posting on this site. We tend not to have much new to offer, but greatly appreciate what we learn from others.
I know Nighthunter and his daughter. This has helped him, and he responded to the requests from people who asked for input from older people with Lyme. I hope Nighthunter will keep us posted on his progress!!! [spinning smile]

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok... after reading all this I'm going to see if I can get to Vegas this weekend or next to try. I will report my result if I go!

As long as it doesn't hurt (with needles involved) I'm will to give it a try. If it works well for me obviously I would want to take the baby. I'm going to call them right now to see if they can squeeze me in.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang it they are not answering! [Frown] I guess they don't have a receptionist then or an appointment person.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Does anyone know what their turn around time is for returning phone calls? I am making plans for this weekend and want to squeeze this Medsonix in if at all possible (since I'll be 1/2 way to Vegas already what's another 2 hours drive) but I don't want to make husband ask for time off work and book a hotel if I can't even get in! So everything is up in the air right now...Patience is not my greatest virtue can you tell? [Frown]

I feel like a desperate girlfriend stalking her man! Sheesh!

--------------------
 -

Diana 85
Member # 23929

Hi Scorpiogirl,

I think Medsonix hours are 10 to 5, or maybe 9 to 5, Monday through Friday. I think Saturday might be by appointment only. I would anticipate you would get a call back tomorrow, unless they are closed for some reason. They have a small staff.

I might call again in the morning, to make sure they get your message. You could also try to leave a written message through their website.

No needles in this! [Smile] That was a big draw for my daughter. She does have some pain during treatment, and some pain after the first day. Many people just have some tingling.

It took 2 treatments a month apart before my daughter and I were fairly convinced it was helping her, and worth giving a longer trial.

Hope it goes well for you! [Smile]

darwinsdream
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for darwinsdream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nighthunter - and anyone else doing treatments

I'm the one who specifically asked if anyone older has done these treatments. Thank you so much for responding.

It would make sense that it would take more visits for someone who is older, sicker or who has had the illness for a longer period of time.

I think for many of us, I know me for sure, spending thousands of dollars on treatments, the money either isn't there anymore or it's just scary to plunk down more money.

I'm 51, very ill for over 20 years and was told I would need 2 days of treatments - 4 morning, 4 afternoon - $400 pr day.Now that's $800. I can see myself doing that by the skin of my teeth but if i really have to go for 2 more days that's another $800 and I just can't do that. That's the scary part.

Do you feel we would benefit from going less? Say a person can only go 1 day a month, Do you think they would benefit from that?

I know these questions are not ones that anyone really has the answers to, but from experience, I guess I am asking for your educated opinion.

Or....maybe I just have to once again see it as...there are no guarantees in life...but there is hope everyday.

Posts: 140 | From Phoenix AZ | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful news...wonderful...wonderful...wonderful!!!

Yes, getting the inflammation under control is a HUGE issue.

A cure for lyme (and I believe it is possible) looks to be a 2 step process:

(1) Destroy the pathogen

(2) Control the inflammation

Finding the BEST way to destroy Bb completely

and finding the best way to control inflammation

is tricky...very.

Bb does look to "benefit" from the on-going inflammation.

And mom...kudos to you for never giving up, for finding a way to help your child!

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to see a video about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCk9MVg4qOM

Curious 600Hz.

Accupuncture and 600Hz:

http://tinyurl.com/3uz9h2a

Acetylcholine not broken down via the drug mentioned below looks to cause more 600Hz brain spikes.
http://www.journals.elsevierhealth.com/periodicals/clinph/article/PIIS138824570300138X/abstract

[ 07-25-2011, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nighthunter21
Member # 32937

Darwinsdream It is my opinion that 1 or whatever amount of treatments are affordable will improve your life. The first treatment made me feel better.

Talk to Al when you go and explain why you want to take the number of treatments with each visit.

darwinsdream
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30314

thanks Nighthunter,

I think the ones that are considering it like me need to hear that any amount of treatments will be help. That's the key right there.

Obviously, the more you can do the quicker you will feel better and the better it will work.

Please keep the experiences coming.

This treatment seems to be very hopeful.

For those that can't afford the long trip - there's got to be more of these popping up soon in your area. They are offering franchises and it seems to be a money maker. So, sit tight, you will be able to get this treatment soon.

More hope!

Marnie
Member # 773

For those who cannot afford the trip...I posted some alternative links above that look to do the same...a drug, accupuncture, and likely doing that frequency via Rife may help.

Keep this post up and going.

I think there is a very very valid reason why this helps!!!

What this is all about is combating Bb's "toxin" (which is PLA2 - inhibiting acetylcholine release) which leads to ongoing inflammation...ONGOING...which looks to PROMOTE Bb's survival.

This, like many other treatments, may take a LONG TIME i.e., many treatments to work.

Diana 85
Member # 23929

Hi Marnie,
Thank you for the interesting and insightful research regarding 600Hz. A lot to think about.

I noticed that 600Hz is listed as the frequency for Leprosy on RoyalRife.com. Interestingly, Leprosy is a chronic inflammatory disease caused by bacteria, attacks the nerves, bones and skin, and responds to long term multi-drug therapy.

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's also a major Lyme frequency for rife machines and other frequency devices, like Ondamed.
Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Curious...does the sound you hear sound when doing the Medsonix treatment sound like what I will link below?

I am going to link what 600Hz sounds like (which apparently is the frequency they use).

I wonder if one played that frequency (by ***looping it*** so it is played nonstop) and recorded it for 1/2 hour (so it can be played daily) would it help?

I suspect it might take several days i.e., many treatments to actually work.

I don't think earphones (listening to nice music during the 1/2 hour treatment) is necessary since this is the frequency of a newborn's cry, the background frequency in some plasma TVs, the frequency of a police siren, and the buzz of a mosquito,etc., but certainly listening to it nonstop would be really annoying!

Here's the link:

http://www.mindspring.com/~scottr/zmusic/

BTW...I've found some very curious reasons why/how it might work for several diseases.

Please PM me if they sound alike or not. Thank you.

Rum...NFkB. Sparkle...looks like MANY different pathogens may be effected.

Serious interested researchers:

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/23/4/1133.full.pdf

Pay attention to the "for example" in the above link. Use your edit key to find it fast.

And the serine link here find 600Hz:

http://journal.9med.net/html/qikan/jcyxyswyxgc/swwlxzz/200552805/wzjh/20080828183313510_419797.html

Treatments cost $50 for 1/2 hour though some packages are avail. for out of towners who have to travel to Naples (Florida)and for lyme patients who need LOTS of treatments. The machine costs $100,000 which is why not too many "alternative" places have one (only 2 so far).

Probiotics always!!!

[ 08-06-2011, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Marnie,
You are an awesome researcher. Could not get the first link to play -- have a JAVA issue, and I'm working and can't be doing downloads on the set. But I will check it out later at home. What I do know is that there are three patents on the Medsonix, and that there would be NO sound if it was not going through a transducer, none of which I understand.

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Would love to hear updates from people who are continuing this treatment and from those who have just started it.
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is interesting.

is this link that marnie posted the sound you hear?

http://www.mindspring.com/~scottr/zmusic/

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Anyone?
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Re: the link Marnie posted re frequencies. I know that the Medsonix is 600mghz, but that also there are 3 patents on it, so it's much more than just the tone. When you go to Medsonix, they have a meter and they measure the pressure waves. I'm sure you don't get pressure waves out of an audio speaker. This is not my territory!
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's a very intriguing subject.
thanks so much for sharing, orion, i know you and your daughter have had a very long and rough road.

i'm so glad it is helping.

i think true and considerable reduction of inflammation over a sustained period could at the very least support a cure, if not enact it.

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

That's my thinking, too.
Diana 85
Member # 23929

We returned from Medsonix late Sunday night. My daughter feels poorly during treatment, but much better afterwards. On Monday she was up at 6 am, worked a full day, came back to our house, exercised and ate dinner, and then drove home 40 minutes to her apartment. She's had amazing gains in energy level and mental clarity.

When our daughter began Medsonix treatment last spring, returning to full time work and a self-sufficient lifestyle appeared unlikely. These treatments are proving to be a powerful aid in her recovery.

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Thank you, Diana, for the great update on your daughter. So glad to read the treatment has helped her and I wish her continued improvement.

Do you know if any other Medsonix centers have opened up across the country? Wish I had the money (very expensive!) - I'd open up one too!

Diana 85
Member # 23929

There are plans to open one in the Los Angeles area in the near future. Currently Las Vegas and Florida.

I wish this could be available locally around the country, as it seems to help so many conditions.

orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 14 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diana -- That is SUCH great news! It parallels my daughter's experience. Energy goes way up! Gotta love it!
Orion

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

up
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

up... updates?
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Hi Dan67,
Be glad to give an update!
Things are GREAT! Our daughter continues to live and WORK normally. (ie. she works for FOX Sports International on the live soccer matches from Britain early in the am, like 3am. Getting up on a Sunday morning and getting there at 3am, and working till noon is a scenario that was entirely UNTHINKABLE prior to Medsonix.) She went to Medsonix two weekends ago without having been there for over 2 months! When she goes, she now usually does 4 hours of treatment.

I cannot say enough about what Medsonix has done for her. And what it continues to do. Now her treatment visits are getting further apart. I call that progress!

We are very grateful.

Also, there is a Medsonix operning up in LA shortly.

AND, everybody calling Vegas needs to know that there is no receptionist -- it is first and foremost a "showroom", and then it's a treatment center. The owner/inventor Al, is there and does not keep regular hours as this is not a walk-in sort of business. He's working on getting more of them out in the world, and I support him 110% in that -- I want one on every streetcorner!

Orion

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is also low level laser therapy which you can use at home. It is FDA approved to stimulate circulation, reduce inflammation and helps relieve pain.

Totally unrelated, there is something called velashape that uses infared light and radio frequencies to heat up the collagen. It is used to reduce cellulite but I bet it would also knock out a few critters in the collagen too.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

The few people on this thread who have actually USED medsonix as opposed to just guessing about it, say that it has REALLY helped them.

Yet, why so few people using it?

I don't understand. If it is this good, why aren't more people trying it? I want to try it, and probably will. This therapy has been out for years, yet so little usage.

orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Well, Dan,
I think Medsonix is presently "geographically undesireable." There's one in vegas, one in Naples FL, and one in Sherman Oaks, CA, about NOW! In fact my daughter got a text from the new owner inviting her to "come on down!" So it sounds like it's "up and running."

I say, "Woo hoo!" Bring them on.

Look, is it going to make a huge difference for EVERY Lyme patient?? Odds are, probably not. No one knows, REALLY, what everybody is featuring in terms of infections. It's a crap shoot. But aren't we Lyme parents and patients used to that... in sort of a horrible way???

Look, I held OFF from talking about this for a YEAR, until I could say unequivocally that this sucker WORKS, at least with my daughter, who was a VERY TOUGH CASE... and who had been labeled as such by her beloved LLMD. (Translation: "I can't do anything for you anymore.") And because Lyme patients have pretty much ALL been through the ringer, I could not live with myself to contribute, in any way, to that burden.

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

orion, does the one in sherman oaks shorten your daughters commute? Sounds like it would? That would be fantastic. Where I live, its a plane flight to either location. However, I was talking to my wife and toying with the idea of buying a machine and setting up a "clinic" where I live where people could pay to use it, maybe after 5 years I make my money back? Why not? I hate the traveling, just too busy, and its a pain in the butt to travel somewhere. But I will come soon to try the machine.

I do appreciate your willingness to share your daughters story, that will greatly help other searchers.

Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is unusual to find an infra-sound or really any sort of "vibration" device with as many positives reports and some clinical backing.

That said, I'm eager to know what makes THIS particular device special? Do they use a certain wavelength that others do not? Any special materials that are necessary for its construction? Is Medsonix willing to share the information regarding their emitter, to the point that someone else could construct or program a similar device to provide the same emissions?

I'm also interested in how it may work on Lyme patients. Does it actively somehow affect the pathogen a la "Rife" or biophoton therapy? Is it affecting inflammation? I'm hearing a lot regarding an improvement, but as others have said they don't feel it a cure for Lyme itself, so I'm wondering if it somehow counteracts the negative secondary effects of the pathogens.

Those that have been helped by this therapy, I'd be interested to know..

1. If you had confirmed Lyme infection
2. If you had confirmed Babesia, Bartonella/BLO, Protomyxoa, etc... coinfection
3. If any of the above confirmed pathogens were treated significantly prior to your experience with infrasonic therapy with antibiotics, herbals etc... by a LLMD.
4. Are there any who found this to be a pivotal piece of the puzzle and after this sort of therapy was introduced, went into remission or felt "cured". That is to say, it was not constantly necessary to engage in infrasonic therapy or other therapy to avoid relapse to the prior state.
5. Subsequent to therapy, did any patients have changes regarding other objective metrics, such as those measured by blood test?

If this does have anything besides anecdotal merit, I'd like to find out its limits and benefits. For instance, is it something used best to "clean up" after other treatments? Should it be introduced with other direct "attacks" on the pathogens themselves (assuming the infrasound therapy itself does not directly attack)? Does it provide the body with an "optimal state" of sorts regarding ANS, hormonal, and immune systems that better allows the body to fight off the pathogens themselves? What circumstances make a patient a good or poor candidate for the therapy?

I'll look into this a bit. Thus far I've not seen any particular variants of this therapy that have proven significant, but I'll look into this type specifically.

To be completely honest, I'll be considerably skeptical if they keep the specifications of the treatment as a trade secret. If this is truly as dramatic and life-changing a therapy as it could be from testimonials, it should not be limited to a proprietary methodology, only available in two places in the country, with devices created by a single company.

I'm am not doubting or disparaging anyone who has received relief from Medsonix; I'm very glad that you've found something that has been part of your healing process. I'm just trying to figure out its parameters so that patients who will benefit can be exposed to the therapy and ultimately, as it stands up to scientific inquiry it can become a commonly available treatment modality.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

OK, call me crazy, but....

I went here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USSIjnZs124

At 14 seconds, there is the sound of the machine. I turned my computer speakers way up and played this about 50 times (the 4 second segment starting at 14 seconds).

Note: I have a VERY high end speaker system on my computer.

and....

I am not kidding, I began to herx and feel all my Lyme areas get "warm". You can call me crazy, but I swear this happened.

I'm going to bed, but will try more tomorrow. If it works through computer speakers, one would have to believe that his real machine is MUCH more powerful, so I'd like to try it. Also, the fact that it works through computer speakers may mean that it isn't his special machine that matters, but instead, simple sound, amplified. So perhaps would work with a very fancy speaker system???

More to think about....... another day.....

jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I lived closer to a location I would do a few treatments and access how I feel. If you got to a point to where you only went in once a month it would not be a financial burden if you lived not that far away.
Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Regarding listening to the tone through the speakers... you may have really gotten a "mini" treatment. I can't say, this is not anywhere near my area of expertise.

When you are in the room with the Medsonix, the sound goes through a transducer, which, I think, means basically a tank of water. Al can walk around the chairs as the machine is going with some kind of meter that measures the sound waves at each chair, and can point to you the chair that's "strongest" or "weakest," whichever you think might be the best for you! There really IS something there!

Orion

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

I would LOVE to try this. I've thought about it a lot on and off. The problem is that, for me, too, it's a plane flight away, plus hotel, plus local transpo, plus the treatment cost every time I'd do it.

Plus, I know that it is not really a treatment for the infections, which I really need, so . . . financially pretty tough at this point. Not to mention logistically tough.

nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anybody talked to a LLMD about this ??/
What was the response??

I'm having a hard time getting even out the door or take a shower, so don't see how I could get there .

Unless a little break through happens with meds.

Was told it could take a few months with Mepron...and whatever for LD...

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diana 85
Member # 23929

An update:
With each Medsonix treatment, my daughter emerges with less pain, more energy, and is slowly but surely recovering her health. Quite amazing to watch, and in the miracle category. Since last spring she has had about 8 treatments.

She has been working for 4 months, something we did not expect could happen. Still on medication, side effects, fatigue, coming down with random viruses, but getting a life back.

Her local doctor does blood microscopy, and says her blood has gone from Lyme prevalent, poor circulation, poor immune system, to a healthy immune system with toxicity problems. While Medsonix is not a treatment for infections, it seems to send them scuttling.

Her LLMD, who has treated her for a year and a half for positive test results of Lyme, Bart, and Babs, is very pleased. He recommends detoxing during and after her Medsonix treatments. He has other patients who have heard of and are going to Medsonix.

We have met several people being treated for Lyme at Medsonix, but I have not seen posts on this site from them.

Regarding the treatment - see an interesting link that Marnie researched:
"If you want to see a video about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCk9MVg4qOM

Curious 600Hz.

Accupuncture and 600Hz:

http://tinyurl.com/3uz9h2a"

Great news that a Medsonix is opening in LA. Like Orion, I would love to see them around the country. My daughter could drive 20 minutes to get treatment somewhere, but travelling across the country is a different story. Still, that is something I believe she will be able to do soon.

Lyme is so disabling, that the thought of travelling is overwhelming. And the financial drain of lost work, doctors, medication, and supplements, goes on and on, as so many on this site have experienced. So the money may not be there for travel to another therapy.

I know plans are underway to try to open many of these around the country, and I certainly hope one will land close to our region, and to many of those here on this site soon.

Orion, thank you so much for keeping us informed. That your daughter has gone for 2 months between visits is a real encouragement!!! I am happy she continues to do so well!!!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement