LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » feel like i am all puffed up.....help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: feel like i am all puffed up.....help
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Florence1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok so have been treationg for 18 months but switched to IV in Jan.....feel like i have gained weight every day......gradually getting heavier and heavier......now heavier than i have ever been and obese on the charts......

i just thought it was because i was less active now......but

i feel like iam getting puffy all over like retaining water or something or perhaps not detoxing, or is it my heart or babs??.....

but i now have really painful feet and they are now swelling which could be the cause of the pain.....

also i feel my chest is heavy....like its squashed.....i wonder if its babs...which i have been treating a lot.......or something else......

suggestions or help....needed

--------------------
Oct 09 Positive CDC Western Blot
Jan 10 Positive Babesia Duncani
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Posts: 739 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymphatic drainage massage - can help with this issue.

Also, should get your kidneys checked (blood test, urine test).

Yes, IV abx also puff me up with retained water. I don't know if it is a side-effect or herx or what...(I do not have Babesia, at least none of the LLMD's or LLND's I've seen think I do...). Still dealing with this to some extent.

Things that can help:

Massage therapy, esp. lymphatic drainage (make sure you get someone who is specifically trained in how to do this type of therapy so that they do it correctly).

Diuretics - be careful of prescription diuretics, as they often can cause potassium depletion and mess up your body's electrolytes, which can actually make the water retention worse...

Herbs that may help: Dandelion Root, Corn silk (don't use if allergic to corn), Burdock root...probably some others but I'm drawing a blank at the moment...

Homeopathics that may help (can take a few days to start working): Apis, Natrum Mur., other tissue cell salt remedies (electrolyte remedies such as Nat. Mur., Calc. Carb., Mag. Phos., etc.)...

Gentle exercise, as tolerated...

Elevating the legs above the level of the heart 30 minutes 2-3x/day...

Reducing sodium intake, increasing potassium intake (i.e., increase fruits & veggies & decrease packaged/processed foods), making sure you are getting sufficient but not too high intake of calcium & magnesium...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Florence1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks.....i get my labs drawn weekly and all ok except my .my potassium was a little low 2 weeks ago so my llmd put me on potassium tablets and will monitor incase it pumps it up too high......

also my C4a was high not drastically high but high and so he incresed my deplin dose to help with toxicity......

i am also noticing aside from my feet that both shoulders are getting painful......

i will definately take note of your suggestions and appreciate your help......just really uncomfortable.....

--------------------
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Posts: 739 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your feet are swelling, they WILL hurt!!
I've recently had to cut back on salt intake because I was retaining fluid .. and it made my feet hurt! Took me awhile to figure out what was happening.

I know amoxy made me retain fluid like crazy. I got off of it within a month or so since it did nothing for me.

Which med are you on??

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Just finished IV zith and clindamycin due to start
Levaquin and zith,
Oral Mepron, art, septra, small amount of Flagyl
And some other meds not antibiotics.....

Any suggestions lymetoo??

--------------------
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take half of it!! [lol] That much stuff would have surely killed me!

I have no advice to give. Have no clue. Wish you could find out which med is doing it to you.

You've had an echocardiogram recently?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I read somewhere that bart can make you swell?

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Haven't had an echo in probably 5 years....

--------------------
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement