LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Super sensitive hearing... Normal for LD??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super sensitive hearing... Normal for LD??
DanielleMC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielleMC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to suddenly have this super human hearing.. Where everything seems so LOUD! The copy machine running here at work along with the girl next to me eating her chips and the clicking of these keys as I type! I'd like to scream.. What's going on with me?

--------------------
7/09- WB IGG Neg all bands -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41.
Treated w/ 21 days of Doxy.
10/09- WB IGG Pos bands 41 & 58 -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41.
04/11- WB IGG Pos band 66 -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41 Pos EBV.

Posts: 121 | From Western PA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Florence1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes it is.....before my lyme was diagnosed and i was going from dr to dr with symptoms getting worse by the week..................

for 2 1/2 months i couldnt watch TV because the visual movement would make my vertigo worse.....or because of the noise......everything was hypersensitive......i would sit in a quiet room with no stimuli all day..........

i remember clearly my mom putting the key in the front door and to me it was like someone scraping a chalk board right next to my ears......it was horrendous.........

took a good while for it to calm dowm with antibiotics.....even now 18 months into antibiotics its much much better but certain things.....loud music etc bothers me......

have you been diagosed???............

--------------------
Oct 09 Positive CDC Western Blot
Jan 10 Positive Babesia Duncani
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Posts: 739 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielleMC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielleMC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good, glad its at least normal for LD and it's not just me losing my mind. I JUST started antibiotics, so hope it goes away soon. I feel like stuffing cotton in my ears.

Yes, I have been diagnosed. Was going to add my tests on the bottome like you and alot of other people have but can't figure it out.

Thanks for answering.

--------------------

Posts: 121 | From Western PA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hypersensitive hearing may be due to low magnesium.
Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also known as hyperacusis. Ditto what Carol said. Low magnesium

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Danielle, please search for posts from Keebler about protecting your ears, especially while on antibiotics. She has many great ideas such as using ear plugs while using: blender, hair dryer, vacuum, or any loud activity(or avoid the noise if you can)

I have had the hyperacusis for about 15 years, and now have tinnitus too.

take care

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielleMC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22997

dogmom2 - thank you for the suggestion, i will def do that.

--------------------

Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prior to lyme diagnosis noises drove me ballistic. A dog barking, a tap dripping, people talking. I would flush, pulse race, feel nauseou8s. I truly thought I was going mad.
After just over 2 years of treatment I still find those types of noise annoying but nowhere near like I did before.

Posts: 234 | From BC Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes on the low mag
transdermal magnesium oil resolved this for me

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Quiet dark closets were a good place for me when I was in the thick of it.Much better now.
Posts: 342 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, and sudden sounds scare the you know what out of me. I get angry, super angry when I get frightened from a loud sound.

I hear everything running. Even cable feed into house when TV is off and so is the cable box, but I hear it. Ceiling fans and frig fans can make me nuts.

But that's not everyday and in fact I've never paid attention to a pattern? I'll have to see if it goes with lyme cycle or bart flare up.

Got me thinking?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh...I have the same thing. I've had it for awhile now and mine also seems to come and go. I never really thought to associate with the lyme, but if it is related, then I've had the lyme even longer than I thought!

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielleMC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22997

It surely is enough to make one go mad! As if I'm not already crazy enough!!

--------------------

sleeping dog
Member # 27267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes! it is maddening. you are not losing your mind. after months on antibiotics, it gradually improved, and i no longer have the symptom. many ambient noises that i'd never even noticed before were so loud and invasive...it is as if you don't have the ability to filter any noises out. it made concentrating on anything impossible. it improved over time. noises that i could not tolerate included the air conditioner, the refrigerator, and birds chirping.
Posts: 43 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! Birds chirping can be aggravating, so sad because it shouldn't be on one of those "annoying" sounds.

I can hear and smell everything a mile away.

You would think I morphed into a doggie.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
average joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for average joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL @ penguin. How much is that penguin in the window.....how much could she possibly beeeee
Now that will be stuck in my head all evening [Smile]

This for me I believe was bart. Long story short, when on bart treatment this symptom decreased. Bart treatment stopped too early and all the symptoms came roaring back including the hearing issues. I could be wrong about this but if so it was quite a coincidence.

--------------------
If you play at the beach, expect to get some sand in your shorts [Smile]

Posts: 223 | From central pa | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurie sm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES I call it my bionic hearing and on some days I get very easily startled.
It is better now than it was at the beginning. I still use earplugs when I go to the movies and my husband keeps the TV so loud to me. I keep it so low that he can't believe I can hear it.

Posts: 256 | From long island, new york | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement