LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Frozen Shoulder?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Frozen Shoulder?
Hambone
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good grief, now what?

Over the last few weeks my left shoulder has been hurting and now I can hardly move my arm and my range of motion is really bad.

I just Googled frozen shoulder and it sounds exactly like what I'm dealing with.

Does Lyme cause this too?

I feel like I fix one thing and something else breaks. [shake]

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My left shoulder got locked up. It's only now releasing, after a couple years of being well. I thought it was permanent damage.

I know several lyme patients with locked shoulders, too many for it to be coincidental. I think it has something to do with Lyme.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure it's not a misalignment issue?

Either way whether neurological or structural, I have been truly impressed by chiropractic neurology (I have an outstanding doc and it's always as good as the doc) www.acnb.org

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooldog71
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pooldog71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel for you Hambone...

I don't think it's a coincidence either. I have Lyme and have had a frozen shoulder for about a year. Just recently it has started to loosen up. I think it just takes time. I tried a number of different therapies and nothing made much of a difference.

From a recommendation here (from chiquita?) I recently got Arnica Massage Oil by Weleda, and it does provide slight relief from the pain.

Posts: 164 | From California | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you.

I was thinking I'm just getting to be a senior citizen at age 44.

I think it's weird I'd been sick for so long and obviously have had Lyme at least 10 years if not longer, but this symptom decides to come out 7 months into abx treatment.

I'm ok as long as I don't lift my arm or sleep on it. I can deal with it a lot better than some other symptoms.

Just stinks that it's always something. I've done absolutely nothing to injure it or bring this on. It just did.

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pooldog

Sorry to hear that it is only helping you somewhat. In fact, the Weleda arnica massage oil is helpful more in muscular and tendon pain/injuries than it is in neurological ones. I try to post that every time, and hope I did not forget to mention it when you saw whatever I had posted.

For muscle and tendon injuries, it truly is fantastic. I had a friend with such bad back pain that she couldn't get out of bed. No exaggerating, within three hours she was out of bed. I don't use the word "Cure" but I sure use the word "helped". A lot! Another friend who commented that she doesn't even believe in herbs, had knee pain (minor, not major pain) disappear within 20 minutes. She couldn't believe it.

Not everybody will have the same dramatic and immediate experience as everybody above. But I surely have seen many people beyond those two respond very well to it.

But not with nerve pain.

Sorry about that Pooldog.

For nerve pain, St Johnswort oil is better. It has flavonoids that are anti-inflammatory (and mildly anti-viral too). (I am told by an authority in the field that) Applied topically it *shouldn't* interfere with most mainstream drugs as the internal tincture would (I cautiously say "shouldn't" but the person said it "doesn't"). But I am not a doctor, ask your doctor about that to be sure.

Mix St Johnswort oil with homeopathic traumeel oil and it's very helpful with nerve inflammation and pain.

I hope this helps someone.

I am careful never to use that word cure, but will say "very helpful"....

Best wishes, CI

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooldog71
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pooldog71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hambone

I agree that it seems weird that our shoulders would "freeze" without injury and at this point in treatment. But I am realizing that weird is normal with Lyme disease. I used to say that I just take things day by day, but its really minute by minute. And we have to appreciate the good minutes when something doesn't hurt. It's hard and I struggle, but I think its the best approach.

Chiquita
I am actually happy that the Arnica oil gives some relief, I didn't mean to degrade it. When I say it gives slight relief, that is better than most things I've tried, so even a little relief is good.
I dont think of my shoulder pain as nerve pain, not sure, but it doesn't feel like that.
Also, I was looking into Chiropractic Neurology after your comment. What type of therapies do you receive from that Doc that work or dont work? I am always amazed by the breadth of your knowledge and your ability to recommend solutions.
Thank You
The Dog

Posts: 164 | From California | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A frozen shoulder can come from a liver that is congested. Google curezone + frozen shoulder.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deshi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deshi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES! I couldnt not lift my arm for 3 months with severe neuropathy in my right brachial plexus. It is now starting to loosen up...I have babs, ehrlichia, and lyme. Had NCS, EMG and mri and everything was normal, BS!
Posts: 105 | From Ca | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement