LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How to break up Biofilm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to break up Biofilm
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Various to get rid of Biofilm�.

Enzymes of freeze-dried garlic.

Phospholipid Exchange � breaking up biofilm in vascular walls

Artemesinin in phospholipids

Cistus tea 6-8 cups � cistus oil (use in Oil pulling/teeth) � cistus tincture

Brushing teeth means removing biofilm

DMPS (recent discovery � loosens biofilm pulling out the metals)

Silicea is a good biofilm-breaker � use different potencies

Biofilm � in the morning � glass of vinegar water, slightly acidic, with honey
(honey gives of hydrogen peroxide � therefore honey does not go bad)

Detox should start in the gut because the immune system in gut is the most important for the body.

Biofilm sits on the roots of teeth and gums.

Abx cannot get to the area if biofilm present.

Destroy Biofilm on skin with hair dryer, i.e. between toes�

Grapefruit seed extract � but very aggressive

Easiest to fight biofilm � cistus tea

Rechtsregulat (fermented enzymes)

[ 06-09-2011, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: GiGi ]

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLND suggested bentonite to break up bio film.
I have psyllium husk powder plus bentonite liquid every morning 30 minutes before any other food.

Psyllium/Bentonite/Water
Oil pulling for 15 minutes.

Wait 20 mins before taking other supplements/meds so they don't get bound by the bentonite.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gailth
Member # 30851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gailth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi,

Where can I buy cistus tea? Can i get it at Whole food, or Mother's market? Thanks

Posts: 37 | From maryland | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

I don't know whether the two markets you mention carry Cistus. Biopureus carries it. Just check around I would say.

[ 06-09-2011, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: GiGi ]

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Sorry, Just noticed that I had not included liposomal Artemesinin as a major biofilm breaker in my list above.

For Babesia:
3 scoops of artemisinin and a tablespoon of phospholipid per day, in divided doses. Phospholipids get the treatment into the brain (per Dr.K.)

springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi
The hairdryer on the skin you commented on. I am interested in knowing if that is due to heat and does heat break down the biofilm itself.
I have been talking to someone who wants to do some hot sauna treatments and try to bring up my body temp high enough to kill of some bugs like protozoans but also break down the biofilm in the blood.

Because biofilm is make up of various things including lipids and fats then it would be heat that would break them down and get them more liquid and able to dissolve and then the body will do the rest pushing it all through out systems to move on out. I wonder if that would affect any organs or other things a long the way and as your temp gets back to normal I would think wherever that stuff is may harden again if it has not gotten through the systems.

What do you think of body treatments like this of submersing into hot water.

I have heard like in cases of cancer that other parts of the country use various techs including microwave tech and use it for breaking up cancer tumors etc..

Some is targeted though. Most is targeted and in our case I think we would need a full body treatment to affect at least all our blood and the biolfilms

Would love your feedback. And or If Dr K has mentioned any heath therapies for us to use that affect biofilm internally.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone please give more specific instructions for how to use bentonite?

Does it have to be a specific brand / type of bentonite?

How much do you mix into the water?

Thanks

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use premier research labs bentonite clay. I imagine brand will matter a good bit, but I am sure there are at least a few quality brands.

I follow their instructions, which are to mix in a ratio of 1 part clay and 9 parts water to form this "clay hydrate". Then, I mix 1/2 tsp of this clay hydrate in 1/2 cup water, and take this once per day.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

The instructions for Green Clay/Calcium Bentonite Living Clay are:

1 teaspoon 2x/day in small amount of juice (berry juice works best). May need to be given with 1 tablespoon of ground flax to prevent constipation.

Clay suffocates larval forms of parasites and toxins in the gut. Good job! They need to go!

FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Sonne's #7 Bentonite Detox and #9 Psyllium seed husk powder.

I put in 1 tablespoon of Bentonite and 1 teaspoon of psyllium into 8 oz. water and drink it fast.

I use a shaker cup to shake it up really well.
The psyllium bulks up quick, especially if the water is luke warm.

You could put apple juice in ( a splash) to help with taste. But I'm on a strict as possible candida diet and i have found I can do without the apple juice.

wait 30 mins before taking any meds or supps.
(looks like i posted 20 mins in previous post, 30 is best)

I drink this right away in the morning daily. it really helps keep me regular which is so important when killing babs/bart/borrelia/parasites and whatever else we have festering! 2-3 movements a day is normal for me now [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diet. Do not forget diet. i am hearing about starving what makes up the biofilm will make it got away. And that is lipids and fats of sorts and so low fat intake and also watching sugars and keeping a very clean diet. I posted a thread on biofilm and a link about it and what it is made up of etc. And diet considerations for ideas on the first page here still.

I have also used Soy Lecithin based EDTA AND it has worked great and fast. Almost instantly after taking it. And then enzymes of course and timing the methods around your treatments have shown to be helpful to me. too.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spring, can you tell what product you are taking. I am taking detoxamin, very expensive, curious what other options there are.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hi I take
EDTA Liposomal K2 Lecithin (soy based) and it comes as a goopy substance you dissolve and drink.

I get a proprietary brand but found this one online that I believe is equal by Biogenesis Nutraceuticals. Do a search on EDTA Liposomal
and you should find it sold in a couple places online. It is not that cheap either and depends too on how much you are going to take.

Here is cut and past of the description.

BIOGENESIS NUTRACEUTICALS�

Dietary Supplement
300 ml

Formulated Exclusively For Healthcare Professionals

More Info:
Liposomal EDTA supplies essential phospholipids (lecithin source) and EDTA for support of healthy cardiovascular function. This product helps promote optimal circulation and healthy soft tissue calcium metabolism. Liposomal EDTA may help reduce overall body toxic burden.

Ingredients:
Serving Size:10ml
Servings Per Container:30

Amount Per Serving
EDTA-K2 ...1500mg**
Lecithin ...4000mg**
(soy source)

FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Springshowers:

What about for underweight people that NEED healthy fats in their diets?

I try to limit my diet to high quality meats, veggies, apples/berries (cooked) in the morning only, and some fats like avocados, ghee butter, fish, etc. Then when I feel like I need some carbs, I have gluten free stuff here and there.

--------------------

baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Springshowers,

That's great that you found a source for the Soy Lecithin EDTA! It's expensive like detoxamin.
I'm also currently taking detoxamin for the same purpose of biofilm busting.

How do you time your treatment with this product? Do you take it a half hour before antibiotics, or what? How many do you take per day?

Thanks so much for posting this...

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

fyrecracker -- I'm curious also what springshowers has to say, but, for me, I was eating a fairly high fat diet for most of my treatment, particularly so while treating babesia -- something like 60% or so calories from fat. But now for me the priority is biofilm and a very low fat diet is helping. I really think I was doing the right diet for the time in both instances, just for different situations, you might need something different.

If you're really feeling underweight and eating that diet you described, I would suggest you consider more carbs -- perhaps your body needs more fuel?

Garden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gailth:
Gigi,

Where can I buy cistus tea? Can i get it at Whole food, or Mother's market? Thanks

I see you are in Maryland...

By Mother's market, do you mean MOM's?

If you have access to Village Green apothecary, that's probably your best bet.

--------------------
Garden

"Fibromylagia" for 8+ years
Pos IgeneX WB per both Igenex and CDC
Pos Neuroscience MyLymeImmuneID
Started tx for Lyme in March 2011

Posts: 245 | From East Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jbaer
Member # 31938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jbaer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fyrecracker, first of all, love the name:} Tampa is right. If you need to gain weight or need more energy, just increase your carbs. Fat is long-term energy and carbs are short-term. If the body has enough short term energy, it will never have to pull from its fat supply. Fats, or lipids, is what builds up the biofilm. Their are many reasons for people to take in "good fats" (mono and poly saturated), but for now it is not worth it. Try to kill your disease first.

Just try to take in healthy carbs, which are complex carbs. Try to stay away from refined sugars and go gluten free as much as possible. Good luck! Diet is so important but so hard to be good, I miss my pizza and cheeseburgers!!!!!

Posts: 80 | From scottsdale | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gailth
Member # 30851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gailth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Garden for the information. I'll go there over the weekend.
And yes I meant MOM's, sorry.

God bless and take care!!

Posts: 37 | From maryland | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right now I am taking Inerfase plus for Biofilms. Frankly, I don't think I really understand what biofilm is...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard Rife therapy can penetrate biofilm.
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Klaire Labs has a whole protocol for biofilms
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenniferk32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenniferk32   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD put me on Lumbrokinase a while back. There are real clinical studies that show it does the trick. I think I bought it online at the vitamin shoppe.com, but I haven't taken it in a while so I'm not sure.
Posts: 107 | From Hesperia, CA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Bailypup..

I take the product by dissolving one teaspoon > i worked up from `1/4 in a liquid like pinapple juice..

I wait 30 to 60 minutes and do a rife treatment and or as well too take my abx. Yes I time it. And it makes a difference in the treatment.

I used to time it around my IV abx treatments. HUGE Difference in the affect of the IV abx infusions. Amaziing difference.

It is what got me believing in how well this works. And it was prescribed to me that exact way. I did not just make it up and was directed by a doctor.

So that is how I do it still ....

Rife can penetrate .. supposidly.. I am not fully sure.
but I still think that the actual stuff needs to be lessoned and worked at to dissolve so that the bugs do not hide and grow in numbers
Rife does not get rid of biofilm and you got to work at that angle too and not just let it stay there to help the bugs. Got to expose them and rip them of their home and there defense so there is no place to go or hide or be and its like a war. We may be able to shot down through the buildings that are in the woods but we still want to clear the woods around the houses so they can not run and hide or they are more exposed.

Ok funny exlaination but it just came out as I typed.

i dont have all the answers and certainly not a professional.

But I think we have to address the biofilms in order to get ahead of these buggers and to give ourselves a change to win

baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks springshowers...(I was the one you e-mailed a while ago with all the great information on Dr. F and the protozoa)

I'm so glad you were able to find another source for the soy lecithin, Vit K, biofilm buster to share with all of us.

I agree that we need to address biofilm. especially when you know you've plateaued and biofilm is protecting the bugs.

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement