LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Could it really be working already??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could it really be working already??
anonymiss
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anonymiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on my third day of a Flagyl/Doxy combo and I must say, I woke up this morning feeling better than I have since this nightmare began about six weeks ago.

I put on my pants without having to sit down, I can BEND MY ANKLES AGAIN, which I have not been able to do for six weeks. My legs feel a bit heavy still, but nothing like the 10 ton lead legs I have been trying to walk around on.

I didn't sweat through my pillow/mattress last night or wake up every half an hour like I have been. I don't feel as short of breath and I was able to pick up my infant son out of his crib this morning which has been impossible due to stiffness and muscle weakness in the mornings.

Is it possible that the abx are working already?

I think I had a herx yesterday afternoon. I felt absolutely AWFUL - dizzy, sick to my stomach, just plain ILL. Lasted for most of the day, then last night I was all twitchy and jerky, couldn't make my hands work right.

Posts: 156 | From Virginia | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kd888
Member # 29652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kd888     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO.....yes it's possible.

I had a terrible relapse many months ago after going off ABX too soon. I was told to do this by my doctor at the time. Not an LLMD.

He never thought I even had Lyme!

Anyway....went to new doc (LLMD) who put me right back on ABX-- high dose Amox-- and I felt waaaaay better after several days.

Started my uphill climb to getting better from there, but there were many days that were bad-- some herxing, etc. Took a few months to get past those really bad days.

Lyme does have its ups and downs.

Happy to hear you're feeling good.

Posts: 29 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always get a burst of feeling good before the herx hits. Confusing at first but I now know what to expect. Always happens on the 2nd 3rd day and then wham.
Posts: 433 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anonymiss
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anonymiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cleo, I have heard others say the same thing! I am preparing myself for another rough evening tonight.

Does anyone have a recommendation for any herbal/supplemental or even just food/drink that can help flush out the neurotoxins from the Bb die off?

I think this is the icing on the cake for me as far as diagnosis, too. I have consigned myself to the realization that I will probably never have an "official" diagnosis but it seems to me that if I am responding to the antibiotic treatment that it must be SOME kind of bacterial infection - and what other bacterial infection causes arthritis AND all my other symptoms?

I have not been able to find one.

Posts: 156 | From Virginia | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cleo:
I always get a burst of feeling good before the herx hits. Confusing at first but I now know what to expect. Always happens on the 2nd 3rd day and then wham.

Day four is the classic herx day.. so be prepared!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt better fairly quickly when I started my abx as well. I also didn't herx until 2 months into treatment...just last week. At least I don't think I did prior. I'm still not clear as to what a herx is actually. Still not sure why it took so long either. Oh well.

I think with me, supplements were key in relieving some of my symptoms.

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onlyflippin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onlyflippin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow i was going to ask the same question, i am the same boat with the same reactions, thats cool. I was beginning to think it was in my head

--------------------
Help I am being forced against my will to learn medicine!!!

Posts: 164 | From WASHINGTON | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement