LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » The Sun and Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Sun and Lyme
ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItsMyTurn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if being in the sun causes symptoms to worsen? What I have read is confusing.
Posts: 182 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The more sun i take in the more i feel like my system is revivng up against Lyme.
skin gets red easier and i believe for me it sooths out my muscles for a few hours in the evening when relaxing. that's just me
I did to much once(5 hrs) and a little heat stroke feeling and vertigo with eye floaters galore. listen to your body, wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItsMyTurn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Wayne! I know doxy makes you burn faster.
Posts: 182 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do not go into the sun if you are taking Doxy or some certain abx. I don't remember which ones are bad - so, check first. Doxy burns are awful!
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't take the heat long at at. But.. Then again I never could before Lyme and hashi. I know abx and lots of sun are probably not a good idea.
Posts: 129 | From West | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riverspirit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riverspirit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very individual answer. Some people thrive in sun.
Then there are bodies like mine that cannot tolerate sun at all. For me it is not a skin issue, rather an entire systemic issue.

I'm not sure if this is because of lyme? I had none of this before becoming ill many years ago. For me it is light, heat of any kind and sun that don't work for this body.

So i'd say, try a few minutes in the sun and see how you feel ~

Posts: 164 | From North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Lyme triggers a Lupus-like disease, then being in the sun is not good. UV light triggers Lupus flares.

However, the Sun also imparts lots of Vitamin D, which boosts immunity. If one is not taking an abx that increases sun sensitivity, and one does not have a Lupus-like presentation of Lyme, then I say go for it! The Vitamin D can help your immune system kick the spirochetes to the curb. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4167 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan on laying out by the pool today. [Smile]

I'll let ya know how I do with symptoms later on. I've actually been having a rough time the past two weeks. I'm starting to think it is/was a herx. I actually feel a lot better today.

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think 20 mins in the sun = Vit - D needs

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maradona
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maradona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to have chances to beat this plague sun is a must.

In order to get our helth back we need our immunity to work good,and sun helps the best to our immunity better than antibiotics herbs or anything.

Remember sun kills some viruses bacteria in seconds to minutes actually most of them.

Now how you do expose your self to sun that should be individual thing .

But in general go slow as we go with everything .

When I started magnesium topical had allergy becose body reacts in that way when i deprived from magnesium and Mg in the body is low.

Ijust lower the dose and guess what after a week I was able to submerge in magnesium without any reaction whatsoever.

Our body is trashed from infection and nothing is working as it should so we have to ajust doses of everything.

I would say combine sun and sea water if you can for the good of your immunity and health overall.

Posts: 482 | From Nebraska | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of us have dysautonmia. A dysregulation of the automatic nervous system. This can affect blood pressure. Being in the sun can dump blood pressure and/or increase pulse. Lots of symptoms with that. Do you notice that you have problems taking a hot shower? Do you ever notice that your legs get blue or purple when in the sun?

Terry
I'm not a doctor

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rera2528
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rera2528     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I was put on Mino, my LLMD recommended 20 minutes of sun on my skin per day, as long as it wasn't during strong sun. She said it helped with die off.

That being said, I am healing well and was sick for under a year. I know that I can feel it when I have been out in the sun for a while! Again, she said it was die off.

Posts: 447 | From Vermont | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting rera. Hadn't heard that one.

For more info on Lyme and dysautonomia
http://www.lymeinfo.net/autonomic.html

Terry
I'm not a doctor

[ 06-19-2011, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: TerryK ]

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement