LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Numbness in left arm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Numbness in left arm
JunkYardWily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkYardWily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive had some tingeling and numbness off and on over the last couple of days in my left arm. any ideas on this? anyone else have this problem?

ive been doing well lately putting together almost 4 months of feeling 90% almost all the time.

--------------------
sick since 9-09
igg, 18,23,41 reactive
igm, 41 reactive

Posts: 436 | From Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same thing a few years ago( 2005) ; I thought I was having a stroke.
After extensive testing they found Cervical stenosis in my neck. I had surgery for a disc. (C5/6) .
No more numbness !

Looking back I think "a good" Chiropractor may have been able to remedy the problem.

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
had numbness and tingle in hands and arms at night while sleeping....went on for weeks.

Started magnesium supplements and it STOPPED!!

Posts: 501 | From Hudson Ticky Valley, NY | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkielover80
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkielover80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was one of my first symptoms. It recently lessened with abx but my dr just switched meds and it's coming back.

It's much worse at night. Very frustrating. I'm jealous of jenn [Smile] I take mag supplements and it hasn't helped!

--------------------
No tick bite/rash
sick Nov '09
diagnosed Mar '11
Doxy/Zithro
LOTS of supplements

Psalm 62:5b He is my rock and my salvation. He is my defender, I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!

Posts: 127 | From Illinois | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was one of my first symptoms as well. Left arm too

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thehause
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thehause     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you taking flagyl? It can cause the tingling and numbness you're describing...
Posts: 372 | From west of the mississitty | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkYardWily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkYardWily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im taking tidamax. i wonder if since they do the same thing that they care close enough to cause the same problem.

--------------------
sick since 9-09
igg, 18,23,41 reactive
igm, 41 reactive

Posts: 436 | From Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let your doctor know.

Tindamax can cause or aggravate neuropathy. You should take a B complex supplement and B6 supplement with it to help prevent this side effect.

Numbness and tingling can also be caused by nerve impingement. A good chiropractor might be able to help if this is the cause.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lassie27
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lassie27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was also one of my first symptoms which has waxed and waned over the years. Exercise and pt helped significantly. Looking for areas of nerve compression and inflammation... heating and icing inflamed muscles. Recently neuropathy has worsened for me... but has improved with Metanx tablets... and b12 injections... i am an a slew of supplements..so other things might be helping also..
Posts: 109 | From North East | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDEC2
Member # 30313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DDEC2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Numbness, tingling, feeling like a tuning fork was hit inside my body and weakness to the degree losing grip strength and unstable ankles all occur on the left side of my body.

I know what your going through.

--------------------
Igenex results 4-6-2011:
IGM 23-25:IND,31++,41++,58+,66+,83-93+

IGG 30+,39+,41+++

Posts: 80 | From Chicago IL | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who thinks this is Bartonella? With the nerve issues and the 'tuning fork' feeling and weakness. These are normally neurological/nervous system issues. And Bart. loves those nerves!

I have all these also, along with internal vibrating which I swear is all Bart.

--------------------
Diagnosed Pos. Lyme Nov. 17, 2010, Igx.
Pos. Babesia Duncani March 2011, Igx.
Clinical diagnosis for Bartonella

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful_K
Member # 25915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful_K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Numbness in my left arm was one of my first symptoms & 13 months into treatment it seems to be one of the hardest to get rid of. I'm 90-95%.

My numbness is also accompanied some times with joint pain. My doc recommends inducing a false fever since the bacteria does not like high temperatures. I use a heating pad every night on my left arm & that seems to help.

I also notice improvement when I do regular yoga. However, yoga also can cause a lot of electricity to flow through my left arm. It's the strangest sensation.

Posts: 44 | From Midwest | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had the same thing....started taking more
B vitamins and
MAGNESIUM supplements

NO more tingles...I'd get it bad at night!! NO MORE!

Posts: 501 | From Hudson Ticky Valley, NY | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrowpath
Member # 15086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for narrowpath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Left arm and left leg for me. Very bizarre. Pic line and 11 months of orals got rid of it completely. Now do nothing - for a while took magnesium. Remember - its an infections. It can cause just about ANY bizarre symptom.
Posts: 43 | From Chicago | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement