LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I am afraid i might be pregnant!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am afraid i might be pregnant!
sonee123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonee123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! I am so scared and freaking out. I am only 27 and have had lyme or co infections for 10-12 years but it because active 3 years ago.

I have severe and i mean severe neuro symptoms. Nothing that has paralyzed me but army of bugs in my brain that makes me sick all the time!

I am 4 days late on my period and been eating like a pig, been urinating alot not throwing up but kind of smell sensitive.

What should i do? I know it's not healthy for me to be pregnant right now but what if i am? I know my LLMD said if so you take amox throughout your pregnancy.

Does anyone know what should i expect?

--------------------
May God Bless you, answer your prayers, relieve you of your pain and make you stronger than what you are today. Ameen.

Posts: 341 | From Columbia, MD | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not saying you are not pregnant because you very well may be.

I did not get my period for the last 3 years while living in a moldy house. I had been to the OBGYN and at first they found a cyst and insisted I needed surgery... which I had.

Then, was told it was probably early menopause, don't worry about it. I was 37... just turned 40.

When I moved out, my period came back a week later... black.

I have been out since April 16 and have had 2 regular periods, every 28 days like clockwork. The mold messed with my hormones or something.

If you are pregnant, congratulations!

Others will have advice for you on what abx you need to take to protect your growing baby.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get a pregnancy test! If you are preganant it is suggested by LLMD's to take 2 abx while pregnant. So go get yourself a test or 2. No sense freaking out about things you are not sure of! If you are late the tests will be pretty accurate.
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MAYBE .. "eating like a pig" and "smell sensitive" = candida/yeast.

Could be.

If you're pregnant, maybe it will be a good thing!! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're 4 days late and you haven't tested?? I don't know how you can stand the suspense!! With all my pregnancies I usually tested 4-5 days BEFORE my missed period and always managed to get a line. Turned out I was one of those people that have really high levels of Hcg thus I had severe morning sickness for the whole 9 months.

Anyway, don't freak out, just get tested. If you are pregnant then congrats!! I dream of another baby but too old and too sick to try. Hubby is not cooperating and my time is running out. Go pee on a stick and let us know!! LOL

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ditto on get a test first and then go from there.
Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonee123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonee123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will take the test and repost about it. I wanted to take the test after being a week late.

Does anyone know how the pregnancy is with being sick with Lyme?

--------------------
May God Bless you, answer your prayers, relieve you of your pain and make you stronger than what you are today. Ameen.

Posts: 341 | From Columbia, MD | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
scorpio.. why would you test before you missed a period???

sonee.. talk to "merrygirl"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always tested before I missed periods. I could tell I was pregnant by symptoms before the tests would come back positive. The tests need a certain level of hormones in your urine before they come back positive. Pm me if you turn out positive, I would be happy to share my experiences.
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,

I got so sick right away and DH told me I was pregnant. I disagreed so I peed on the stick just to prove to him wrong! But he was right every time! Stinker!

One time I got a positive 8 days after Ovulation (I was attempting to chart as a way to avoid getting pregnant) and clearly I did it wrong b/c I got pregnant anyway! I made him and our older girl peed on a stick b/c I thought the tests were faulty! And my then 6 years old asked me "Oh Mamma what if Daddy and I are also pregnant?". LOL. The test was right... I got another kid to prove it. [bonk]

[ 06-27-2011, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: scorpiogirl ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a Lyme protocol for pregnant women. PM me for more information.
Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The important thing is to continue treatment especially the first trimester, according to Dr. B. The drugs used are very safe.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

oh.... I know little about pregnancy, as you can tell!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Marcie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a three month old and have had lyme for 5 years now. You can pm if you have questions. I did take abx throughout my pregnancy, and I am not breastfeeding. PG went well but I have been having problems after I had her. I have been very up and down with symptoms.
Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boy...i'm often 8 days late! and I'm never pregnant. just a screwy cycle that changes all the time thanks to lyme/babs/bart/parasites...who knows...

but yes..get tested, good luck and congrats if it's true. all things happen for a reason [Smile]

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, or maybe not lol.

I'm anywhere from 5-7 days late myself right now. For the past 4 years, I have been on a shorter cycle than I used to have, running from 24-28 days. I'm at day 31 now and wondering what's up.

Hubby and I don't do the deed anymore, although we do fool around. I wouldn't think I could get pregnant from THAT, especially not at 42!

But I'm getting to the point that I wonder if I should test just to make sure I'm not.

I figure it's probably more likely I'm into perimenopause or just some hormone imbalance.

I just went off abx about a month ago, and now I'm on an all-natural protocol, so I suppose that could be it too.

Ugh, if it's not one thing, it's another!!!!

Posts: 303 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Yes go pee on a stick!! That way you will know for sure! LOL

--------------------
 -

Starfall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just trying to figure this all out---thinking back, I almost ALWAYS get those horrible ovulation pains. None this month at all.

And my breasts usually hurt like the blazes right after ovulation--none of that either.

Have to go out for a test tomorrow if AF doesn't show.

Posts: 303 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26795

Test came back negative--I thought it would.

Now I feel strangely deflated, like I wanted to be expecting. God, what is wrong with me?

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Starfall,

I know what you mean!! I scared to be pregnant but at the same time if the test is negative then I feel so sad!

--------------------
 -

IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Starfall... that is a normal reaction!
(but then again, I've had positive pregnancies turn up with neg. test results)

Totally understand though!

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also...I would get another test and test with first morning's urine.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement