LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Taking herbs over 2 months now.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Taking herbs over 2 months now.....
richedie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....and not noticing anything yet.

Been taking some Cowden herbs for over two months, Burbor, Cumanda, Enula, Samento, Banderol and also taking GSE. So far no improvement other than I am now breaking out all over....pimples on my head, chest and shoulders....

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took Nutramedix herbs for 10 months. I herxed a lot, but really no improvement. I further relapsed.

Are you doing this with your LLMD? Ask him/her.

Good luck.

[ 07-26-2011, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: CherylSue ]

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now you have improvement? or No?

My LLMD knows about it but is not guiding me. He is suggesting I try Byron White. If that fails I might just give up on treatment all together. Can't keep doing this...

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richie,

The pimples etc can be an indication of some of the infection/parasites pushing through. Adding an antiparasitic herb could be very benificlal. An addition of Wormwood, black walnut hull and cloves could be very benficial.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Gael, I did try Parastroy for over 6 months but never noticed anything. That was last year. Should I try again?

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not noticing anything? not better and not worse?

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rich,

What exactly are your symptoms? Are they exactly the same as when you were diagnosed? Are you having any of the symptoms GiGi posted in her recent parasite symptom list? How many caps of Parastroy per day were you taking?

You should have increased to 3 each 2 x a day.

I will add, that when I started antiparasitic herbs from The Monastery of Herbs in 2005,

I was taking approx 16 caps a day plus extra digestive enzymes and extra HCL.

The only thing that was happening was that Bumps were appearing on my scalp and cuts were opening on my hands.

I later realized that the parasites were dying. It was when I hit them with the salt/c all hell broke loose and they let go. They started pouring out of me into the toilet.

I know your doctor is opposed to salt/c, but maybe you could try a little to see if it gets them moving. The fact that you have pimples appearing, can be very indicative of the parasites dying.

I would suggest you add the Parastroy to your current herbs(start at a lower dose to begin with) and see if that moves things along.

Try not to get discouraged and just keep going.The parasites have had a chance to deeply entrench themselves. Do you ever herx?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Yes, I am going to add Parastroy. Could the herbs I am taking be hitting the parasites?
I have sudden pimples on my scalp and chest/shoulders.

Thing is I am now out of herbs and won't be stocked again till we get back from vacation in a week so I will be taking a week off. I hope the Parastroy gets here by next Tuesday which is the day before we leave.
This is cheap!
http://www.amazon.com/Parastroy-Kit-Caps-180-Capsules/dp/B00016ACD8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1310698897&sr=8-5

When I was taking Parastroy, I took 2 caps of each (4 total) twice daily.

All i have at home right now is Trader Joe's Sea salt and Vitamin C caps. Maybe this weekend I will try to get some REAL Sea Salt from Whole Foods and Vit C powder.

Some symptoms since starting are much better and some gone, like air hunger and tingling and innability to swallow. During treatment I started to get sore sols that got worse and then they dissapeared and now are back full force.
Feet used to be worse though!!!!

Arm pain (left arm) has gotten worse through treatment and is now pretty bad and remains bad, plus upper/mid back pain. [Frown]

I also tested positive for high numbers of candida.

I stopped ABX a good while ago.

My diet consists of things like organic free range chicken, free range organic eggs, soy yogurt, kefir,brown rice, beans, buckwheat, quinoa, kamut, some sprouted grains, some whole wheat flour products, fresh and frozen fruit and veggies, whey protein powder,creatine,probiotics, tofu, red potatoes, sweet potatoes, nuts, seeds, flax, etc.

[ 07-15-2011, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: richedie ]

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pimples sound like parasites.

Imo Cowden or Buhner or Zhangs herbs are not enough by themselves.

I don't find them to be big killers.
Rather agitaters. (though they do good things to heal the body - e.g. knotweed, burbur, eleutherococcus)

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

So what are the killers? I am not going back on ABX. They wrecked me.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

Antiparasitics like wormwood, black walnut hull and cloves contained in Parastroy are the killers.

Many other herbs in Parastroy that go after parasites. Check out the ingredients so you can get an idea. GSE is definitely antiparasitic. The pain in your arm is probably due to the parasites.

I have had that. They are in the small intestines and some in tissue, and they run away from the herbs pushing on some sensitive areas.

I used to feel actual crawling movement in my back. You can increase the parastroy to 3 each 2 x a day after the 3rd week. I just increased mine to 4 each each 2 x a day.

The candida is on the symptom list for parasites and should calm down when treating parasites. You can also add coconut oil(away from the herbs so they don't bind up) Please don't give up on the herbs, just keep going.

If necessary, you can also add an anti candida cleanse to the mix, even tho a lot of the antiparasitic herbs are also anti candida.

P. S.

Whole foods carries Parastroy if you want to pick it up before your vacation. (about $20) They don't carry Real salt, but Himalayan is very good also. I really think you are on the right track

FYI, Parasites cause a lot of pain when dying. Keep moving forward and I think you will make some significant progress.

Have a wonderful vacation!

[Smile]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Rich,

Just an added thought to incorporate into your already great diet. Google antiparasitic foods and spices. More for your arsenal against these critters.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

richedie
Member # 14689

So black walnut hull and cloves kills things like Babesia and other parasites found through Fry Labs?

Interesting, my Dr. M says he notices that small intestine problems can cause arm pain. He knew right were it hurt without me telling him.

Yes, I do eat a lot of antiparasitic foods and spices, things like turmeric, cloves, onion, garlic, etc.

How much Vit C do you think along with the Salt?

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

It's been my experience that these herbs along with the salt/c are hitting the other infections as well as the BB.

The salt breaks up the cysts as well. The protocol says to do equal amounts of salt and vit C.

Example: I began with 1/4 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp ester C powder in a large glass of water. I increased 1/4 tsp each at a time according to when the herxing calmed down. Drinking water through the day to circulate the salt.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael, I love reading what you write about parasites, and I've learned a lot these past couple of days.

What type of vitamin C powder is best for the protocol? You said "ester", but I couldn't find it on amazon. I found micro-c powder, and ascorbyl palmitate powder. Which is better?

If I drink raw sauerkraut juice which is already salty, and which I presume already has some vit C, should I still add C to that juice?

Thanks!!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

James,

I use Ester C powder with bioflavinoids by American Health. I buy it a www.vitacost.com Don't know how much salt you're getting in the sauerkraut juice, so it's hard to address.

The protocol calls for taking equal parts of sea salt with equal parts of vitamin C. Ramping up slowly is VERY important.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

richedie
Member # 14689

Whole Foods didn;t have Parastroy today

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

Rich, If you feel like calling the other Whole Foods in and around the city, they might have some.

If you're near a Vitamin Shoppe or other health food store, you can probably get something with Wormwood, black walnut hull and cloves.

OTOH, if you're not doing to bad, you might want to hold off until you get back from your vacation.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

richedie
Member # 14689

Thanks Gael,

I am just worried the Parastroy will sit in our mailbox baking in the heat till we get back. [Frown]

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

glm1111
Member # 16556

Rich,

I wouldn't worry about that. The packaging is very professional and the capsules are strong and in bottles to resist the heat.

My bottles sit in my kitchen for easy access, and even with the oven on and heat in the winter, it doesn't touch the capsules.

Try not to pack "worry" in your suitcase so you can enjoy your vacation. That's why it's called a vacation. [Cool] [Smile] [Big Grin]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

richedie
Member # 14689

Gael, the Parastroy is expected to arrive on the 28th, when it will be 100 degrees and we will be on vacation! I hope the packaging can withstand the heat. [Frown]

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't you get a neighbor to be on the look out for it? Maybe get it if it comes while your gone?

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

I guess if I gave them our mail key...
If it comes to the door, we'll be fine....

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement