LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Filling good but labs going bad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Filling good but labs going bad
Maradona
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maradona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking Minocycline 200mg rifampin 600mg ,azithromycin 500mg and malarone 250/100 4 tabs a day.

I'm feelling good but my labs are going down toward subnormal today my white blood cells are 3.8 subnormal (normal 4.0 -11)and have immature granulocites on blood.

But in general all my symptoms are subsiding and I was thinking that if it goes like this maybe one day near will be in remission .

But when I see labs going down it is depresing.

Do you deal with problem like this and ehat do you do to korrect numbers .

I left a mesage to mY LLMD waiting for his sugestion .

I'm going to call my LLMD again and try to talk with him ,like to hear what people on forum do or think about it.

Posts: 482 | From Nebraska | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is probably a side effect of the antibiotics. When this has happened to me, my doctor ordered labs once a week to keep a close eye on all the levels.

He also recommended that I take immune support supplements like "Host Defense", Xymogen "Immunotix 3-6" and "i5".

Hang in there Maradona, it is encouraging that you are feeling better. Just get your labs rechecked soon and hopefully everything will be back to normal.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maradona
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maradona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How offten do you think is good to check labs at this point .
I lost my job so no medical insurance and tight on money .

Posts: 482 | From Nebraska | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just keep going since you are feeling better!! We checked labs every 2-4 months.. depended upon what we were checking.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a fairly hefty dose of meds. Not sure how long you have been on this combo. A couple of years ago when hubby was on a somewhat similar combo once he got to the therapeutic dose on rifampin his white blood count went low. At that time we were checking blood work every two weeks. His LLMD wanted hubby to cut back on meds but we convinced the doc to wait 2 weeks and the bloodwork had returned to normal on the next check.

It could just be a temporary blip for you like it was for hubby.

Actually I have pretty much come to the conclusion that abnormalities in routine bloodwork are actually a good sign -- for hubby at least it usually indicates that the meds are working.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to tell you I totally empathize with your situation.

I too have gotten so much better but have had abnormal labs consistently for the last 4 months. Different issues each time.

When I was very I'll I rarely had abnormal labs. I am curious to know why but I bet it's an unknown like so much related to this disease.

I hope you get answers soon. It is frustrating to say the least!!!

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement