LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Byron White Formulas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Byron White Formulas
Mother Goose
Member # 33163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mother Goose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My whole family is using the Byron White Formulas (Herbal drops). There are three formulas: A-Lyme, A-Bart, and A-Bab. Has anyone used them and noted an increase in mood/cognitive symptoms?
Thanks!
Mother Goose

Posts: 3 | From Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed some improvement when I started A-bab and A-bart a few months ago with mental fogginess etc., but now that I have hypothyroid issues I'm not sure how much they're helping.

I don't know if many people are using these formulas anymore....I don't hear much about them on this board.....I'm wondering if they have outlasted their usefulness for me.....would love to hear other opinions about them.

Posts: 574 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooldog71
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pooldog71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am using AL Complex and A Bart. I have seen improvement, and hope to see more when I am able to increase dosages.
Posts: 164 | From California | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BHD
Member # 12185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BHD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started A-L and A-Bab this past month. With A-L I had some ups and downs, but mostly improvements. When I started with one drop of A-Bab I cried and was depressed for two days, and then had trouble with focus and multi-tasking, along with general worsening of symptoms (per a herx). After lots of detox strategies, am up to two drops and doing pretty well.

--------------------
Barb D.

Posts: 6 | From MA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strong herxhiemers with these for us. That might be why the increase in cognitive. Are you increasng them to quickly? BW has done my son wonders. He has been off abx for 6 months and improving with BW. He is almost back to 100%. These have helped my daughter but not like my son. She is on abx with the BW. It did clear up her babs. I had to go back on abx but still taking BW with the abx.
Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on A-bab for 3 weeks. Definitely getting herxes. That's how homeopathy works, first a little worse, than better.

I figure it's worth a shot. Liver couldn't handle anymore yellow paint.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could not tolerate A-Bab though I really tried. When on it, I felt like my IQ dropped 30 points! I also experienced many other symptoms with no break even when I lowered the dose.
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the dosage of A-bab we should work up to?

--------------------
Diagnosed Pos. Lyme Nov. 17, 2010, Igx.
Pos. Babesia Duncani March 2011, Igx.
Clinical diagnosis for Bartonella

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamers, try to work up to 15drops twice daily.

The challenge dose is 20drops twice daily. If you can take that for several days without any herx/symptom flare then it is time to move on to another formula.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recommend increasing the dose very, very slowly.
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy Im at 14 2x and having no herx. I dont expect one since I treated with Mepron for 4 months and Bartonella seems on top but I wanted to force myself up to see if I herx on it.

--------------------

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Good luck Jamers!
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't have a noticeable herx or improvement with the Byron White formulas (A-L, A-Bab, A-Bart). I wish I had a better response to them. They seem to work well for some people.
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI. Byron White Formulas aren't homeopathic. I saw zero homeopathic remedies in the formula ingredients listing. Not saying they don't work like homeopathic remedies, just sayin'....

I take classical remedy Lycopodium and BW A-Bab. up to 9 drops 2x/day. Still herxing on A-Bab.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Fyrecracker-Have you taken anything for Babesia besides A-Bab? Im trying to figure out if mine isn't working b/c Babesia is knocked down (4 mos. of Mepron) or its just not doing anything for me.

--------------------

Igor's mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igor's mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on Mepron for four months and Byron White A-Lyme, A-Bart for two months, A-Babs for about one month. I started very slowly. Now up to 15-16 drops each BID. I get headaches and nausea usually sometimes, sole pain, aches in joints, ear stuffiness, all sorts of anxiety, comes and goes, I think especially with the A-Bart I get reactions. I have used up one bottle of all three, I think they are all helping me, I am hoping to start ramping up again soon. But have been keeping steady until the nausea goes away then will ramp up again. Meanwhile also focused on getting rid of c difficile which is recurrent for me...so on low doses of vanco.
Hard to know what is doing what, but I definitely see an improvement, its subtle, slow, but the brain fog and depression, the achiness, and spaciness are lessening. So far no side effects, which now that I have c diff and with vanco lots of yeast issues is a big deal for me.

--------------------
Igenenex + IGM 18, 23-25, 31, 41, 66, FL 1953, bart, babs, erlich, c diff. Dox 10/10,11/10-5/11 Mino, Buluoke,plaq (2/10) zith (3/11-5/11), Paragone, Flagyl, Ivermectin, Paromomycin, Ceftin, Nystatin(4/11) mepron (4/11-)BW A-L , A-Bart, A-Bab.

Posts: 254 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamers, I am only on and have only been on A-BAB.
(I don't count Z-packs that I've taken for 10 days or so)

My lyme doc says that I am still having reactions to A-BAB (shortness of breath, fevers, etc) so it seems to be working. I am going to finish my 2nd bottle over the course of the next month or so while treating gut parasites with Parastroy, Salt/C

After that, we may hit it with Malarone depending on how my sx sound. My doc doesn't like Mepron. It's spendy and a horrendous drug as far as side effects go. I'm not going to argue with her on that.

After Babs comes A-Bart and probably some pharma for bart. Then it's probably back to lyme and by then I'm hoping this long drawn out lovely dream will be over [Smile]

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sjo
Member # 28057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do the Byron White formulas kill good bacteria like abx? I would like to know since my doc wants me to use them, and I have candida issues.
Posts: 38 | From maryland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Yes sjo, be sure to take your probiotics 2hrs after the Byron White drops to help replenish your good flora.

The Byron White formulas are made up of a mix of herbs. Some have antifungal and antiviral properties as well as antibacterial. So this might help prevent Candida.

Mother Goose
Member # 33163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mother Goose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the good discussion on this topic everyone! These drops seem so powerful and sometimes scary to me because they produce so much mental Herx in several family members. My husband and I get depressed and anxious. My son gets depressed, anxious and rageful, which is quite frightening. As long as we do an Ionic footbath after the drops, we seem to be okay. But, I get impatient because I think we are not making progress when we can only use so few drops. I am wondering if we need to use something more Rx, and then come back to these drops??? It sounds like some of you have done this.
Posts: 3 | From Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am asking this for a friend who is unable to post:

Can A-Bart and A-L Complex cause excessive sleepiness?

She is up to 6 drops each and feels like she is drugged with tranquilizers. She is even dreaming about being drowsy and sleepy.

I wonder if it's one of the herbs in the drops causing sleepiness, or could this be from die-off?
She is sleepy even before she takes her daily doses.

Also, she says she is more absent-minded and forgetful on them. Scatterbrained.

???????????????

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kramberry
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kramberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can the byron white taken along with rx abx after taking a meal?

When is the best time to take them? Im already having a hard time spacing med, tinctures and supplements

--------------------
 -

Posts: 215 | From California | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stillwater:
"Can A-Bart and A-L Complex cause excessive sleepiness?"

Absolutely... sometimes within minutes of taking them.

Thanks [sleepy] [sleepy] [sleepy] [sleepy] [sleepy] [sleepy]
Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have taken all 3 of these, and I never noticed any improvement (or worsening of symptoms for that matter). I took 20 drops 2 x a day. But alternative medicine/herbals don't seem to work for me, you might be different ( we all are)

There is a very specific way you are supposed to take these according to BW. One of our group members got the information from him

Put drops in a small amount of non chlorinated water in a glass or ceramic container. Then swirl it around a few times. Then put some of the liquid in your mouth and swish around for 15-30 seconds, then swallow. Take them away from all other medicine or homeopathics or food. I think it was at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Hambone-My Bart meds make me very sleepy. I take Rifampin and am adding in A-Bart but since I started Rif. I have to take naps almost every day. Im so tired I just pass out, then sleep soundly all night. I think its a bart thing.

--------------------

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on ABART,ABABS AND AV-Antiviral.

There r many more than these 3. Its very strong medicine.

One drop was very hard for me and the thought of taking a 20 drop challenge for me would have been insane.

I had to cut my amounts way down AV4,A-BABS7 and still at Abart 15. I am taking them 4 days on and one off and its working much better.
this is all energy tested for me by my Md and myself.

I don't take ABX with them.

I do coffee enemas,far-infrared sauna and binders.
and good flora.

Lower doses make me sleepy higher not so much.

I am seeing positive shifts in symptoms but it has taken a while. No fast healing with any protocols I have found.

Byron does have a new website and he did a talk along with Dr A and will be doing one in Nov.

I think u can find info on www.bioresourceinc.com

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have taken abab for over a year and al complex for about 5 months. Good results,I believe babs is gone feel as though lyme is almost done as well.

I started slow as I could not tolerate too fast an increase.I have been at 30 drops twice a day for quite awhile.The stuff works!

Hoping next doc visit he gives me the all clear.

Posts: 342 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacemama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacemama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been taking A-babs for a couple of months. And I'm noticing great decrease in depression. I am at 2 drops per day. Have increased 1/5 of a drop since the beginning because At 1/3 of a drop, I couldn't walk and couldn't get off the couch from the fatigue. So, I slowed down and did 1/5 of a drop increase over that time.
Posts: 564 | From Tick Hell | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kramberry
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kramberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you guys doing bwf alone or taking abx with it?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 215 | From California | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With.
Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BuffyFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffyFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you taking this, were you tested for coinfections or did you just decide to try it??
Posts: 287 | From somewhere | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement