LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » CAN U GET BETTER W/O IV ANTIBIOTICS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CAN U GET BETTER W/O IV ANTIBIOTICS
Lauren777
Member # 31163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauren777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on oral antibiotics since January.

Zithromax/ Ceft Jan-April
Dozy/Rifampin- May- currently

I feel about 20-30% better most of the time

I still have daily bouts of extreme dizziness, confusion, eye issues, fatigue, neck pain and occasional pass out feeling. I get really confused in the grocery store and when I'm out in the heat. I have constant ringing in my ears. It drives me crazy.

I found info online about the discussions at the 2010 ILADS conference that said you will not fully recover without IV antibiotics? Is this true? Has anyone seen great improvements with orals alone?

--------------------
Lauren777

Posts: 32 | From Stockton, CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not true that you have to have IV. I got well on orals only and I know others have too.

Zith can cause damage to the ears .. so be careful there!

Been treated for babesia yet?

[ 08-21-2011, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am better and never had IV, though I did give up on abx after two years and used alternatives to get well.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been abx for almost 4 years, and my LLMD is switching me to homepathy and herbal supplements. Next year I am going to try Deseret Biologicals.

I reached 90%, but slipped back with a relapse. My CD57 was 125 at the begining of my relapse. Go figure.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been abx for almost 4 years, and my LLMD is switching me to homepathy and herbal supplements. Next year I am going to try Deseret Biologicals.

I reached 90%, but slipped back with a relapse. My CD57 was 125 at the begining of my relapse. Go figure.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u do not need IV to get better and in many cases IV can be dangerous

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Burrascano cured himself on orals. I've also conversed with others on this website who only used orals and got well.

I've only been on orals and they've helped me (not cured yet, but definitely feel better).

Maybe you are not on enough orals. Some lyme docs like to attack all three forms of lyme at once (I think the better docs do this). Since you are only taking two abx., that may be why you are still having those symptoms.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rarely took abx and got healed (on remission) for more than 2 years now.

My daughter took only 2 days of IV, and I pulled her out. She's on remission now too for more than a year, without massive amounts of abx either (orals).

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've red the 2010 conference notes and didn't see any mention of IV being mandatory.

I've only done orals and am 95�% most days. I had brain lesions before treating which are now gone.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have coinfections? this makes treatment more complicated.

I know since Jan is a long time to you but in lyme treatment its not that long.

I am sure your dr is trying to protect you from developing yeast, right? Its important to.

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treating parasites with lots of antiparasitic herbs and salt/c saved my life. According to Dr. K. treating parasites is KEY to getting well.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauren777
Member # 31163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauren777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone for giving me hope!

--------------------
Lauren777

Posts: 32 | From Stockton, CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauren777
Member # 31163

bcb1200

this is the quote I found from Dr. B

◦If someone has chronic Lyme but does not do IV therapy, the chances of them recovering are small

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/216-ilads-2010-conference-takeaways

Here is the link. I stated that wrong above I guess the chance is small not impossible. Obviously, there are many people who are a lot better on orals/herbals and that is wonderful to hear.

--------------------
Lauren777

2doggies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2doggies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

glm1111 - which anti-parasitics did you use? Did you have a stool test to confirm parasites?

sixgoofykids - what natural remedies did you use?

Any others who did not use abx - what did you use or do?

Thx,
Kania

Posts: 165 | From TN | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when did dr b say that? it might be old or not in context

my llmds have always said TRY orals first cuz IV has many problems and is not better

also if you are not getting better you might need to deal with parasites, metal, mold, yeast etc first

many do not do well with tx until they deal with those things...esp amalgams and root canals

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used TONS of herbs, homeopathics, microcurrent, and metal detox, basically. What made the contant cycle of remission / relapse coming back to a final stop was for us infrared coupled with homeopathics (borrelia nosodes). Look at the Bionic threads.

My daughter followed the same path as mine. Acute infection treated with abx with no good results. She needed natural treatments (dr. K's practioners), but got re-bitten many times (me too), then got better, then relapsed on and off like me, until photon therapy, that stopped the ballet for good, until now, at least.

We're still being bitten, though...

I did treat parasites (but shortly as I stopped testing energetically for them), then heavy metals for years on and on (my daughter too, we're still dealing with these on and off), I needed very long term treatment against yeast and funghi (but my daughter, only temporarily), I took all my amalgams off, I treated 2 big cavitations before I started photon therapy.

Cavitation and amalgam treatments, I feel, brought good results. Those dead infected bones can't do good to anyone, nor these mercury leaking amalgams!

Good luck!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2doggies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2doggies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Brussles. That is very helpful. I did have all amalgams removed in 2005, an old root canal in 2007, and cavitations in 2009. I am looking into Dr. Klinghardt's protocol right now. It's overwhelming...
Posts: 165 | From TN | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 2doggies:

sixgoofykids - what natural remedies did you use?

Bionic 880 for infections.

Herbs for parasites.

Herbs for cleansing. Hulda Clark liver cleanse. Coffee enemas.

KPU (vitamins and minerals for specific deficiencies).

Exercise. Movement is important because it keeps the blood and lymph flowing. At your own rate .... yesterday a friend of mine could only move her arms and legs, and rotate her wrists and ankles in bed. I do pilates at a challenging pace and have just added spinning last week.

Heavy metals. I add this because they need to be addressed for most people, but I did this back in 1991.

Eliminated mold exposure.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is important to address the co-infections with the correct treatment. You symptoms are babesia specific - dizziness, eye problems, extreme fatigue, confusion, feeling you might pass out. All babesia which requires antimalarials.

My treatment has been oral abx with long stretches of herbs. When I took the herbal breaks I was convinced the abx had quit working and/or I was experiencing reactions to the drugs.

It turned out a new infection was emerging that the medication I had been using did not address. First it was bartonella. Then babesia.

Living in a "lyme free" state that does not have one deer tick I was convinced I could not possibly have been infected with more than borellia and that was just a fluke accident. Not so. Finally I tested positive for three and have been treated for 4 infections. This is why we don't recover.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BleedGreen
Member # 33468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BleedGreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I have only been treated with orals. Doxy constantly and rotating every two weeks between metronidizol (cyst) and biaxin (l form).

We have both made significant progress and should be finished soon, we have been treated for roughly seven months.

I started ceftin about two months in to replace doxy due to stomach issues, my wife was switched to ceftin during the summer months due to sun exposure.

Neither of us had coinfections and we had Lyme approximately eight months to two years prior to treatment with our LLMD. Neither of us had the rash or found a tick.

I think the need for IV treatment is dependent on, as others have said, coinfections, length of time you've been infected, and the severity of your case.

Posts: 80 | From US | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement