LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is this cured or a "moon phase?" Should I stop ABX?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this cured or a "moon phase?" Should I stop ABX?
Hopeful in Holland
Member # 34304

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Hopeful in Holland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt HORRIBLE for most of last week, terrible foot pain, shooing pains, fatigue, vertigo, stiff neck confusion, night sweats (those just don't leave) Well you guys know....

Anyways Friday I started to feel a little better,

Saturday NO foot pains, NO shooting pains, less fatigue,

Sunday WOW almost feel...Like I just have a palpating heart, sweats and some stiffness and weekaness left.

Could this be that I can go off the antibiotics after I finish the 90 prescription? ( I am on my last refill prescribed)

Or is this because of.....the cycle of the bug (28 day split cycle).......the full moon is over.......or I just had a wonderful "detoxing" over the weekend?

Posts: 50 | From Holland, MI. 49424 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kramberry
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kramberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should continue treating up to 2 months symptom free, lucky you heal very fast!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 215 | From California | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is wonderful to have a day where you don't feel like death on a biscuit, huh? Good for you.

Alas, you need to stay on treatment that will get all of Lyme and Co.

Different dr's have differing lengths of time to stay on...ask yours.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm...the detoxing phase is the new moon.
consistantly, symptoms are usually worse during the full moon.

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kramberry:
You should continue treating up to 2 months symptom free.......!

ABSOLUTELY!!!

How long have you been ill?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopeful in Holland
Member # 34304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopeful in Holland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been sick for many years, but always have had some "rare" condition diagnosis to explain.

Many issue with thyroid and lost all female parts. gall bladder, 11 abdominal surgeries.... Unexplained cognitive issues DX sent to psychiatric for those and just had very weird side effects from all phycitropic meds.

I have been very sick for the last three years and forced into medical retirement.

Then last fall Dr tested for Lyme and was negative so looked elsewhere. Three months ago he DX on systematic, showing 69 of 76 from Canlyme website.

I have been on ABX for 70 days, I have 20 days left. Just had Ingenx blood work drawn on Wednesday last week.

The moon thing....just a question because my family dr keeps asking how I feel during the full moon. Now I felt horrible Monday to Thursday....Full moon was Tuesday.

However, Friday I started to feel better and now today a week after the full moon, I feel great comparatively. Still many symptoms but many of the worst PAIN is gone.

I a

Posts: 50 | From Holland, MI. 49424 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way should you stop abx now. If you only have 20 days left, you need to find a doctor who will treat LONG TERM. You cannot be sick for 3+ yrs and cure it in 90 days.

For best results, Igenex tests should be done while OFF abx.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopeful in Holland
Member # 34304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopeful in Holland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I should go off the antibiotics, then get tested again?

Wonder why Dr. didn't mention that? It is so costly?

Ok, so lesson learned.

climber
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for climber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
Figure out a window to do the Igenex test and then, with you doctors permission, go off the meds for the actual teat. There are doctors that want to treat for 4 months after you are symptom free and others that do not want people to go off their meds during the winter months because of the extra stress our bodies experience. Good luck!
climber

Posts: 108 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Do you have a positive test already?

The Western Blot costs around $200.

Test #188 & 189

www.igenex.com

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Hopeful in Holland
Member # 34304

My doc must have ordered a lot more as it is $985 for the test he is running through Ingenx testing. And to think I have to do it again?
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds to me like you have more than just borellia. Borellia cycles every 28 days and mine always flared with the full moon, but the other infections cycle differently.

The sore feet could be bartonella and the vertigo, sweats, fatigue, confusion sounds like babesia.

When you fight one infection down, another one emerges. Hate to tell you this but you are not over fighting this- you have just started!

Most people have many infections. It is so rare for a person to have only borellia that one famous LLMD says he has never seen it. So we have to accept it is way more complicated than we ever imagined.

If your tests are negative, that does not mean you do not have the organisms because they evade and suppress the immune system. The immune system does not know what it is looking for so it is not making antibodies against them.

After four years of treatment, I am wondering if I can get off drugs soon. I feel pretty good, but experience tells me not to jump the gun. It can be a big mistake taking you back to where you started in no time at all.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we feel worse during the full moon, but that's not from detox, but because we hold everything in at full moon time,
and release toxins at new moon time.

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we feel worse during the full moon, but that's not from detox, but because we hold everything in at full moon time, causing more inflammation.
we release toxins at new moon time.

best time for detox regimen is new moon.

Hopeful in Holland
Member # 34304

Thank you for all the responses. I am learning a lot.

Sometimes, I have to read it a few times and then still not able to remember all of the "details"

I will if I continue to study all the threads on here and complete research.

Thank you for the information on the moon phase thing. It was very confusing to me, but now I understand why I feel so much worse at certain times and not others.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement