LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cured anyone ?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cured anyone ?!
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been here for a while ... nice to be back and see some

familiar names [Smile] I have been off of ABX for a year , treating

naturally and at first it was going really well ... now not so good...

so I decided to go back on the ABX ... but I am disappointed ... I

really had hoped to find a natural protocol that worked ... I may

not have stuck with it long enough but I couldn't stay the course

any longer because the symptoms became too hard to deal

with... ( plus I cannot afford a Dr K type protocol ) SO ... my

question is ... because I haven't given up hope

and will combine the allopathic with the naturopathic for now ...

have any of you "cured" or know of someone who has "cured "lyme

& co without the use of ABX ?

I would love to see a poll on this ... any links to such info ?

thx so much all [Smile]

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have any of you "cured" or know of someone who has "cured "lyme & co without the use of ABX ?

===

Good question!!

Sorry you're back at it again.. but happy to see you!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thx Lymetoo for the welcome back [Smile]

Nice to see you here still , but ditto as to the why that is [Frown]

I missed those dancing girlies !

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gave up on abx after two years and treated with the Bionic 880. I got off abx in 2008 and haven't taken them since. I have been well since August 2009 and still am today.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

I heard mention of the Bionic 880 before... perhaps from U here in

another discussion ? What is it , 6 ? I am open to trying anything @

this point ( if I can afford it ! )

thx for responding...

nice to see your familiar face again [Smile]

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to see you, too, I just wish you were dropping to say hi, not that you don't feel well.

It's a light treatment. There are several active threads on the Bionic 880 and the PE1 .... people are using both. Some are going to Germany, some are going at it here on their own.

Here's one such thread - http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/108232#000022

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Wow !!!!

I just read this entire thread and I must admit I am really excited

about this ! ... tho' my husband burst my bubble when I told him

about it ... his words " then why doesn't John Hopkins have this

available ?" That lead me to wondering if there are docs,clinics or

hospitals that do offer this treatment so one does not have to go

to Germany or purchase an expensive machine and bumble

through the learning curve of it's usage ? Not to mention the

muscle testing would be an important component to directing

the proper tx ? I would love more info on this Dr. W ...I may really

do this ! I think if enough peeps here are benefiting from this

and/ or want to try it without the individual $$$ layout then

perhaps we could jointly buy one for a shared co-op use ? Or

would that cross some sort of legal line ? Please Pm me some

info. when you get a chance... I have noted all the sites for info

on the machines themselves and will look at them ... but I am

interested in the prep. before doing the ozone and bionic and

what to expect in terms of discomfort and herxing and the like...

what happened to Got'emall sounded scary ... this has me so

excited I can't tell you ... I was so down in the dumps after my

doc visit today when he put me back on the ABX ... now I have

some hope again... thank U so much for this ... you are an angel

[kiss]

PS... this really could be a reality for me since I have friends in

Germany who I know would help me out... [Smile]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johns Hopkins?? Is he delusional?? [Big Grin] [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Good one Tutu !

Yes he is ... but I can't cure myself of lyme let alone him of his

delusions ... [Smile]

Would the Bionic 880 do that for him ?

Just joking ... I better go now ... eat sthg and go to bed ... starting

to get too light headed... [Smile]

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
That lead me to wondering if there are docs,clinics or

hospitals that do offer this treatment so one does not have to go

to Germany or purchase an expensive machine and bumble

through the learning curve of it's usage ?

Not that I know of. Personally, I think the 3 weeks in Germany is probably less expensive than 3 weeks would be in the US.

quote:
Not to mention the

muscle testing would be an important component to directing

the proper tx ?

I didn't learn to muscle test until after I was finished with Bionic treatment. It would have been a help, for sure, but it can be done without it or while you're learning it.

quote:
I would love more info on this Dr. W ...I may really

do this !

Please PM 17Hens, I don't have his current contact info.

quote:
I think if enough peeps here are benefiting from this

and/ or want to try it without the individual $$$ layout then

perhaps we could jointly buy one for a shared co-op use ? Or

would that cross some sort of legal line ?

I think you'll want your own. The PE1 is *only* $1600, which compared to an LLMD over time, isn't expensive.

quote:
Please Pm me some

info. when you get a chance... I have noted all the sites for info

on the machines themselves and will look at them ... but I am

interested in the prep. before doing the ozone and bionic and

what to expect in terms of discomfort and herxing and the like...

Let me know if there's something I didn't answer. I prefer to answer on the board because the same questions get asked all the time (right 17Hens?). I didn't get the ozone as when I went he didn't give it to everyone.

I wish I had gotten it because it's supposed to be good for mold detox. Herxing is nothing like when you take abx. Mostly you get better, though it is intense. I wrote about my experience in my blog below ... start at Oct. 2008, last post and read forward.

I'm glad it gives you hope!!! [Smile] It should!!!

--------------------

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the PE1 and Bionic 880 anything like rife?
Posts: 2247 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by MannaMe:
Is the PE1 and Bionic 880 anything like rife?

No, not at all.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Karensky:

have any of you "cured" or know of someone who has "cured "lyme & co without the use of ABX ?

-
So I guess the answer is still NO?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

UP ... ???

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's scary!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure you'll find anyone because I think everyone tries abx, at least for a few weeks. Even if the abx don't cure them, they wouldn't be able to say they haven't used them at all.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by jlp38:
I'm not sure you'll find anyone because I think everyone tries abx, at least for a few weeks. Even if the abx don't cure them, they wouldn't be able to say they haven't used them at all.

True

--------------------

Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

jlp38 ... good point !

when you are first dx'd do you say" no abx for me , thank you, I'll

be just fine treating myself naturally " , after you are finally

relieved ( sort of ) to have a dx ? Don't know anyone who did

that ...but afterwards when the ABX have killed off the majority

... I am hoping it is possible to continue naturally ... maybe that

is actually " learning to live with it "?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I don't know. I see your point, but plenty show up here in Seeking or Medical saying they are going to treat naturally.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

migs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. B, Pamela Weintraub, and Wild Condor (member here) are probably the three most well known here that, last I heard, were still "CURED" of Lyme...not just "better".

Anyone heard an update on Pam Weintraub lately? I read one of her articles in Discover recently so that's good but still no sign of Lyme??

*edited dr name*

[ 11-01-2011, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

Posts: 410 | From Victoria BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sixgoofykids I didn't see blog... I hope it;s not the 30th time I've asked..You mentioned above start at Oct. 09??

As far as cured ..What about the gal that just wrote a book, was/is a major bike rider. From Colo. just can't remember name... She Say's cured.

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

nonna, it's in my signature line. http://sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Start at Oct. 2008, last post. The posts are in reverse order with the most recent first.

--------------------

so lo
Member # 34602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for so lo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

As far as cured ..What about the gal that just wrote a book, was/is a major bike rider. From Colo. just can't remember name... She Say's cured.

Not sure if this is the woman you're talking about but sounds similar (except she's a runner) - Perry Louis Fields
http://perryfields.com/about-2/
http://dietickdie.com/

Posts: 6 | From lx | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lola0585
Member # 35751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lola0585     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering if someone could tell me how much it costs to get the bionic 880 treatment in Germany?
Posts: 1 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
same question
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement