LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Could this be Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could this be Lyme
lymeslave
Member # 34724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeslave     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my first post on this board, so if I am doing anything incorrectly, please let me know.

I have been sick since the end of May this year, don't remember getting any tick bites.

It started off with yeast infection, UTI, bacteria vaginosis, then 5 days later started to develop flu like feeling with not much symptom but general unwellness, weakness, minor coughs, night sweats, day time chills. Shortly after that when people are talking to me, I was having trouble with the right side of my brain as if it went to sleep, not able to respond. Drowsy feeling at times, it's like the brain is in a very strange state. soon after right arm started to have swollen/pain feeling. Oval shaped light colored patch (about 5 inches long x 1 inch wide) on right upper chest developed soon after and has always been there, no itchy or pain. As time goes by ache/pain/sore/heaviness increases, widespread to hands, legs, hips, toes. Sometimes with flu like body aches and low grade fever. Quite often I have scratchy throat having to clear my throat. Recently ache/pain seems to have subsided in my legs/arms, but seems to have gone into my back, I have numbness/weakness now in my arms/legs, feels heavy and doing little things could make my arms sore, numbness is usually bad when I am sleeping. Fingers are getting more stiff. Sometimes feels I have no blood going through my arm and leg especially if I am lying down. I have very sore/drained eyes sometimes, my right and left eye feel so different (hard to explain here, tight, sore and drained feeling). This would be in both eyes at times. My brain is so drained at times and it feels it's covered with heavy fog, can't think of anything at all. Lots of strange rashes, some with cuts, bumps in my skin, ear, nose, arms, legs. Symptoms are all over the place. Recently I have bright red straight line on my arm, leg, hands, then it would leave a scar eventually.

Have done all kinds of blood tests, MRI tests, nothing came back showing abnormality. Have gone to all specialized doctors and can't find anything. Doctors think I am thinking too much, but when you are not feeling yourself, you know it. I was all healthy hardly got sick prior to this. I was told the Lyme test in Canada (where I am at) is not reliable.

Doctor gave me antibiotics to rule out Lyme, the first three days seemed to show some improvement, then later on I got weaker and weaker to the point I can't continue taking it and had to stop it. I took in total of 9 days off and on (that was 3 weeks ago). I started a different antibiotic about a week ago and didn't have much side effects and I am still on it. I don't know if I should continue taking it or stopping it, very confused right now.

Does this look like Lyme to you or it could be some other type of bacteria? I wanted to ask before ordering the test.

It's very stressful and hard to accept the no diagnosis, you know something is not right within you.

thank you for reading my long post!

Posts: 8 | From Winnipeg, Canada | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willo7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willo7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your symptoms sound so familiar! I am no expert my any means but I would say "yes". Sounds like lyme.
Posts: 137 | From Illinois | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not doing anything wrong, but need to let you know that it's very hard for most of us to read large blocks of print. The bottom part of your post is much easier to read, so thank you for that.

Did you get a picture of that rash?? Go here and see if you see a rash similar to what you had.

www.TreatTheBite.com

A rash means you definitely have Lyme.

What happened to you regarding that you felt worse on antibiotics, means you were probably "herxing." That means you were killing spirochetes and as they were dying they threw off toxins .. making you feel worse.

What antibiotic are you on now?? KEEP TAKING IT AND READ THE LINK ABOVE.

Lyme and Coinfections Symptom List
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/81386

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZachsMom
Member # 33860

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZachsMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your symptoms sounds SO MUCH like my son's (who just tested positive) - weakness, fatigue, numbness, chills, sweats, throat crap, eye crap, stiffness, skin bumps, weird pressures and pain - and major out-of-it brain/thinking, the last which he hates more than anything. Many of these he's experiencing even tonight.

--------------------
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that inside me there lay an invincible summer." Albert Camus

Posts: 24 | From Mentor, OH | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lymeslave:
[QB] This is my first post on this board, so if I am doing anything incorrectly, please let me know.

I have been sick since the end of May this year, don't remember getting any tick bites.

It started off with yeast infection, UTI, bacteria vaginosis, then 5 days later started to develop flu like feeling with not much symptom but general unwellness, weakness, minor coughs, night sweats, day time chills.

Shortly after that when people are talking to me, I was having trouble with the right side of my brain as if it went to sleep, not able to respond.

Drowsy feeling at times, it's like the brain is in a very strange state. soon after right arm started to have swollen/pain feeling.

Oval shaped light colored patch (about 5 inches long x 1 inch wide) on right upper chest developed soon after and has always been there, no itchy or pain.

As time goes by ache/pain/sore/heaviness increases, widespread to hands, legs, hips, toes. Sometimes with flu like body aches and low grade fever. Quite often I have scratchy throat having to clear my throat.

Recently ache/pain seems to have subsided in my legs/arms, but seems to have gone into my back, I have numbness/weakness now in my arms/legs, feels heavy and doing little things could make my arms sore, numbness is usually bad when I am sleeping. Fingers are getting more stiff.

Sometimes feels I have no blood going through my arm and leg especially if I am lying down. I have very sore/drained eyes sometimes, my right and left eye feel so different (hard to explain here, tight, sore and drained feeling). This would be in both eyes at times.

My brain is so drained at times and it feels it's covered with heavy fog, can't think of anything at all. Lots of strange rashes, some with cuts, bumps in my skin, ear, nose, arms, legs.

Symptoms are all over the place. Recently I have bright red straight line on my arm, leg, hands, then it would leave a scar eventually.

Have done all kinds of blood tests, MRI tests, nothing came back showing abnormality. Have gone to all specialized doctors and can't find anything. Doctors think I am thinking too much, but when you are not feeling yourself, you know it.

I was all healthy hardly got sick prior to this. I was told the Lyme test in Canada (where I am at) is not reliable.

Doctor gave me antibiotics to rule out Lyme, the first three days seemed to show some improvement, then later on I got weaker and weaker to the point I can't continue taking it and had to stop it. I took in total of 9 days off and on (that was 3 weeks ago).

I started a different antibiotic about a week ago and didn't have much side effects and I am still on it. I don't know if I should continue taking it or stopping it, very confused right now.

Does this look like Lyme to you or it could be some other type of bacteria? I wanted to ask before ordering the test.

It's very stressful and hard to accept the no diagnosis, you know something is not right within you.

thank you for reading my long post!

Breaking this up for easier reading.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like it to me. Also, with you mentioning night sweats, you can google for symptoms of babesia and see whether you think you match them - that's another co-infection.

You can contact Lymed folks in Canada at www.canlyme.com. I think Canadians need to come to the US for treatment since it is my understanding there aren't Lyme-treating doctors in Canada. However, I could be wrong on that, and you should ask at the CanLyme site.

We don't usually take antibiotics to rule out Lyme so much as to treat it. If it's working for you, I'd say stay on it and see how you do symptomwise. I am not a doctor.

Another approach that people take when they can't do antibiotics or get to a Lyme doctor are the Buhner herbs described in his book, "Healing Lyme." They can really help. I suggest you get the book - it's pretty cheap. His website is www.BuhnerHealingLyme.com and the yahoo site is Lyme_Aid_Buhner.

For Lyme eye symptoms, I have found drinking mangosteen juice to stop all of mine. It's an anti-inflammatory antioxidant juice carried in healthfood stores and online.

If you try any, go slowly and drink water also, as it can be powerful.

You will need to treat all this, so I encourage you to make connections with Lyme folks in Canada and here.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have ever taken any photos of any of your rashes or skin markings, if you could post them here it would be very helpful. Have you ever shown any of these rashes or markings to your doctors?

I have to say you do have many symptoms that could be Lyme. Minor/dry cough and night sweats could also be Babesia (a common infection also passed by ticks, sometimes at the same time as Lyme - you can even contract several infections from just a single bite).

Babesia can't be propery treated w/antibiotics, so you would need to be evaluated for this and other tick-borne diseases by an LLMD (Lyme-literate MD).

Have you ever traveled out of the country? There can be different strains of Lyme and also different forms of co-infections in different areas.

If you have any pics and could post your rash and markings photos, that might really help. If you need help with how to do that we can show you.

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeslave
Member # 34724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeslave     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your help! Antibiotics I am taking initially was doxycycline, then switched to minocycline. I noticed I am not as exhausted after the antibiotics whereas before I can hardly function.

We don't have any LLMD near my area, I talked to a MD in BC and he suggested me getting tested at igenex lab.

Do you think it's worth while for me to get tested? If so should I stop taking antibiotics before doing the test?

thanks again!

Posts: 8 | From Winnipeg, Canada | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES, it's worth every penny to do the Igenex test.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeslave
Member # 34724

I have shown my skin patch etc to the doctors and nobody has any idea what it is. I compared mine to the lyme rash and they don't look the same.

I have attached some photos of my skin patch and other skin marks. Have you seen these with Lyme or other type of infection?
link here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/69463603@N08/

Mine does not go away and has been there since early on in June, sometimes it gets a little darker. It's harder to see on the photo, it looks more like a discoloration.

My face complexion gets darker as well, more rough and more pimples, so initially thought it maybe an autoimmune disease, but all tests came back normal.

Have you seen this kind of patch before? Could this still be Lyme or other type of infection?

Thank you much!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm no expert on bartonella, but those streaks look like it to me.

The upper chest oval looks like a Lyme bullseye to me.

To save money, just get the Igenex Western Blot .. it will run you about $200.

www.igenex.com

Test #188 and 189

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

If you qualify for low income, the IGeneX testing is 75% off through www.lymetap.com.

You can contact them at 1-800-832-3200 or www.IGeneX.com to ask how long they want you to be off antibiotics before testing. They can send you a free testkit.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Lymeslave.. the one on your upper chest looks like a bullseye. The linear ones look like bartonella. But I'm not a doctor.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement