LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Female question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Female question
Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jennifer70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im just about to start my period, for the past week I've had really bad pain in my uterus area...not sure specifically where but it's in that region. I feel intense pressure and a very painful pinching feeling up there.

I made an apt with my gyn but it's not until two weeks. I have been on minocycline and feel alot of symptoms like air hunger, edema on the sides of my ankles, skin issues, etc.

I think those are all bart related. Could this new pain also be co-infection related? Im a little scared that something is really wrong (besides the lyme and co's). I have never had pain like this.

--------------------
Psalm 119:50
My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

Posts: 292 | From Heaven | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ovaries?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think that you might have fibroids.. an ultrasound would be in order for sure.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you having problems with your bladder

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you having problems with your bladder

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problems with my bladder. It might be in my ovaries, im not sure how to tell where it's coming from.

I was hoping that since I've had alot of neuropathy pain, numbness/tingling etc....that maybe Im just really having cramps, but my brain pain sensors are on overload? I was hoping others had similar experiences while on minocycline or something.

I have never had pain like this, it hurts to walk..so uncomfortalbe. maybe it will subside after I am done with my period. [Frown]

I just had an echo of my heart done, due to edema in my legs, and shortness of breath....the last thing i need is fibroids.......or something else to be wrong with me. [Frown]

--------------------

Posts: 292 | From Heaven | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Feel better. I hope you can see the dr asap.

--------------------
gatorade girl

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually .. you would have heavy bleeding with fibroids.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babs can cause shortness of breath. Since treating Lyme my menstrual pains have gotten worse. I have had cysts on my ovaries before but these are "common".

My ovaries also feel very full. When I was in this hospital this year I got a ct scan and the interpreter told me my ovaries were indeed full and I had free floating fluid in the pelvic area.

This also is common when a cyst bursts which can be very painful.

Keep an eye on it ...

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Enough MAGNESIUM, good kind. Avoid constipation. Taking fish oil every day, maybe twice a day. B-6.

All these should help relieve uterine/pelvic cramping. A hot water bottle, too, or a heating pad. Hope you feel better.

There are also some Chinese herbs that used to really help me. Angelica / Dong Quai.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
You might want to be on watch in case this is appendicitis. If you have your appendix, it's important to know that pain from that is not always on the lower right, it can be anywhere, really.

So, if you feel like this is extraordinary, especially if you have a fever, call Urgent Care right away.

But, I also know that cramping can be really rough.

Also, pelvic cramping can be a sign of liver stress. LIVER SUPPORT can help, too. Warm herbal teas. Magnesium is still the best bet.

Can you soak your feet in warm water and epsom salts? Or take a warm bath? Not hot, though, and just for 20 minutes or less.

Hope you feel better soon.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
searching4truth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for searching4truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds a lot like what I experienced with an ovarian cyst. It was very painful, and my doctor wasn't sure if it was a cyst or my appendix. The cyst finally ruptured, and the pain went away and I have not had one since. I hope it is that simple for you and that you feel better soon.
Posts: 427 | From Pacific Northwest | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I was diagnosed with lyme, I had tremendous pre-menstrual abdominal cramps, pain, whatever you want to call it. It was horrendous. I was doubled up in the gastroenterologist's office. It alarmed him.

I had a colonoscopy done due to the pain. I had sonograms of the uterus. You name it. No test ever showed anything.

Once I started lyme treatment, it eventually all went away.

So, I am guessing that it is caused by lyme and nobody will ever find anything on any test they do.

Lyme messed with me gynecologically big time. This was just one of the things it did to me.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had sharp pains in my uterus. Turned out to be yeast.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think it's my appendix, I dont have a fever.

I'll mention it to my gyno. I was wondering if it could be yeast Catgirl, I've had yeast infections before and they never hurt like this.I take two culturelle's a day...which is what my LLMD said to take.

Maybe I should buy some monostat...and see if it helps....cant hurt right?

--------------------

Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

I feel like this has to do with the minocycline somehow......last month I had alot of pain too, but different than this. I wonder if it throws off your hormones or something.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Monistat is not likely to help cramping (and it only helps locally in vagina). Yes, candida can make everything worse and it may need more attention - but there is much more to this.

The herxheimer reaction, the die-off, toxin increase resulting in a cytokine storm. (The supplement Stinging Nettle can help decrease excess cytokines that cause pain.)

Cramping absolutely can be connected to the minocycline in that you are dealing with a herxheimer reaction and that stresses the liver. A stressed liver usually makes menstrual problems much more painful. A stressed liver usually makes everything worse, really.

Your swollen ankles and skin issues are also signed of a stressed liver and toxin load. The skin is one of the major detox organs, along with liver and kidneys.

Are you taking magnesium? Fish oil? Liver support (especially milk thistle)?

If you don't have liver support, your body can't manage a herx.

As for candida. Be sure the Culturelle is timed away from Rx and from other supplements.

As for vaginal application of ointment, monistat may or may not help candida. It only works on certain strains. But, internally, supplements you take can affect various strains of yeast.

If you need a vaginal ointment, I always found Terazol much better - but the suppositories, not so much the cream (in my case). When I found Olive Leaf Extract, all candida was history.

Olive Leaf Extract is one of the best supplements for that. Nystatin is a relatively safe Rx and Diflucan is a stronger Rx. I assume your LLMD has instructed you about having no simple, refined carbohydrates (white flours, sugars) as those can make candida much worse.

Of all things that helped me with menstrual cramps, magnesium, fish oil, liver support all the time - and B-6 - and then when I needed it, a Chinese herbal formula with Dong Quai and other herbs that addressed "liver stagnation"

Also - it really helped to keep the bowels moving. Any degree of constipation made cramps much worse. Magnesium can help here, too.

Certain YOGA stretches also helped. The muscles are cramping, so as with any muscle cramp, that takes a multifaceted approach. Stretching is always good, gently.

Hot Tea, warm soups - extra warmth in the belly will help muscles relax - it can be a chain reaction. When one muscle cramps, others often join in. Same with relaxing. So warm up the muscles in your belly.
-

gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Keebler...is there a particular brand of olive leaf extract that you prefer? Thank you.

--------------------
gatorade girl

Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Thank u for all the info Keebler...so generous of you all to take the time to suggest things. No I havent been taking any liver support supplements. I will order some of what u suggested.

My LLMD told me to eat healthy, and that she has some patients that can't follow strict diet and still get well. I've cut back alot on my gluten and sugars...but I havent eliminated them from my diet.

I've tried so many times Im just so weak in this area. I have two protein soy based shakes for breakfast and lunch, fruit as snacks, then a healthy dinner....and some yogurt or lowfat pudding for dessert. And drink lot's of lemon water.

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennifer, I've had yeast infections before, but never like what I got from taking abx. Sharp pains and pressure in upper and lower parts of uterus. I didn't recognize what it was at first and thought perhaps it was herxing. I eventually found out it was yeast. Terconazole cream (gyn) gets rid of it. You also may want to try N.A.C. for yeast (helps me). I just called my ob and told her I had yeast from abx and she just called in a prescription for it over the phone.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

oh wow, good to know Catgirl. I will let my gyn know and ask for a rx. Thank you.

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Jennifer, I forgot to mention, if you are on abx, you need way more than two little Culturelle pills a day (that's what my doc had me on, then the yeast beast attacked). My doc just didn't prescribe enough.

Women need at least 100 billion, preferably 150 plus. Have you tried Ultimate Flora yet (pink box)? I tried so many probiotics, even VSL #3 didn't help me.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement