LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » need help asap!! re: severe psych symptoms can they be lyme??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need help asap!! re: severe psych symptoms can they be lyme??
lymelight7
Member # 35114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymelight7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone

I have to post this quickly as I am new to forum and having new symptoms...was dx'd with lyme back in 2000...after many negative quest or labcorp tests and positive igenex tests for lyme and bartonella...I finally tested positive for lyme on standard western blot..

I was in hospital..both ,medical and then psych with severe auditory, visual, and other hallucinations...I was told by one dr (who is a psychic medium) they are spiritual as I have been on a long spiritual path...

I was admitted to psych hospital and the meds for psychosis are just making me worse..right now, I am just trying to figure out if this is medical, spiritual or psychiatric...I am hearing voices that are very very scary...along with this, I have a bad headache and feel intense pressure in my skull along with severe dizziness

I currently do not have alyme dr because i cannot afford one...I honestly don't know if this is lyme...i am having psychic capab ilities come through the past few month (i knew some stuff about my husband's father i never would have know before...i am so scared and so sick that I just don't know what to do....

These voices also cause me to speak and write in a different tongue...one therapist said it could be possible that I have onset of multiple personalities ;( or this could be lyme...or of course schizophrenia...i know the voices are not real but they are tormenting me...

I need to get some advise on whether or no lyme or bartonella can cause this..i am goin g to take some minocycline just in case..i have left over and pray it will help a bit..i don't want to attribute everything to lyme..I know people here don't believe in the spiritual world so I know most people will think it is purely psychiatric or possible lyme

I need to find a lyme dr asap...in ft lauderdale florida....i cannot fly anywhere...

I have never posted such an urgent post..my primary has no idea what lyme can cause and my other dr will not help me because he is a medium as well as an energy healer and naturopath and he says he cannot be around any more negative energy so i am left on my own...

If you can help in any way...even to let me know this could be lyme...my first positive wb ever and i feel like i am being flooded with symptoms...horrible insomnia, dizziness, head pressure, psychiatric symptoms..smell, taste, hearing is off...I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you immensely for helping me

blessings to you!

--------------------
Blessings,

Posts: 13 | From florida | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme and co�s (in my view) can cause all these symptoms you are describing (just my opinion).

I have read a lot of post in regards to people having hallucinations, bad headache and feel intense pressure in my skull along with severe dizziness, just to name a few!

Do some searches on both � (lyme and hallucinations) & (bartonella & hallucinations) � you�ll find a lot of people telling their own stories.

I know you said you can�t afford an LLMD at this time. I hope in the very near future you can find a way to do so, I�m sure they will be of great help to you.

I hope other will respond to your request here, I�m no expert with all these symptoms.

Keep searching, and I hope you�re feeling a little better!

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you able to see your primary? If you could, at least that would rule out some things and help you know a bit more what you are dealing with.

I am so sorry you are going through this.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopeful in Holland
Member # 34304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopeful in Holland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed with schizophrenia after an episode that caused me to know things about people I did not even know. And really strange information about loved ones that they never told anyone. I was having the vision, auditory and taste issues too. Later it was found that I had a rare thyroid condition, which was perceived to be the underlying problem.

After three years of thyroid treatment and surgery, it was found that I had Lyme disease. The head shrink firmly believes that these issues were caused by Lyme.

Many today still believe that there was a form of spiritual warfare going on around me that pulled me into certain circumstances, knowing things I could not have known. I say, who knows!

Remember, as a person with Lyme, medication can and will affect you very weird. The side effects of medication that I was having was one of the reasons that my head doctor told my family doctor to test me for rare conditions.

Posts: 50 | From Holland, MI. 49424 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigstan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some links that may help you. Without a doubt LD can be causing your symptoms. Please find a doc and print out these pages.

Links:

http://www.mentalhealthandillness.com/tnaold.html

http://www.canlyme.com/lyme_depression_suicide.html

http://www.igenex.com/psychological_effects.htm

--------------------
HERX is a Four Letter Word!

Posts: 716 | From If you're going through hell, keep going......Winston Churchill | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check www.thehumansideoflyme.net

Dr. S. is a Lyme-literate psychiatrist who had Lyme herself. Maybe she could direct you to the help you need.

You can e-mail her by clicking on the top right hand corner of her web page.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement