LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » IV Hydrogen Peroxide - anyone do it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IV Hydrogen Peroxide - anyone do it?
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to a naturopathic doctor Wed that uses IV hydrogen peroxid to treat lyme.. Does anyone have experience with this? I am not necessarily going to do it.

I made the appointment with the thought of doing something IV to detox heavy metals etc like alpha lipoic acid. I want to be prepared if she suggests the peroxide.

My primary problem has been babesia for over a year but I have residual Bb and bart that is usually dormant but can flair a little bit at times. The babesia is very mild right now.

There are very different opinions on IV HP, some saying it is dangerous and others saying it works very well to kill bacteria because it raises oxygen in the blood.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tried numerous rounds of IV hydrogen peroxide, not for lyme, but for CFS.

It was supposed to raise natural killer cells, which it did minimally. I didn't feel any better or improve, and it blew out my veins.

I would not recommend it to anyone.

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
betty1939
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for betty1939     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi nefferdun -

I did HP treatments for about 10-12 weeks along with doxy and amoxicillin and I felt it was helpful.

It gets rid of parasites, bacteria and fungi. I felt really good after 10-12 weeks of this and actually I thought I was finally in remission. I wonder if I had continued if it would have put me in remission. The problem was it cost me $75.00 for each IV drip.

The negative thing about it is that it really tore up my veins from all those IV drips, so I have problems now finding a place in my vein that isn't scarred.

It is relatively safe; however, there is a story that can be looked up on the web about a woman who had MS that died from complications related to it.

My Naturopathic doctor explained to me that was because she was on steroids and that for the most part it is safe.

I would definitely do it again if I had the money and the veins, lol.

--------------------
Lyme IGG/IGM positive 12/08
Babesia Microti IGM positive 12/08
Hemobartonella positive 1/11
mycoplasma 6/11

Posts: 162 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way not ever. My doc said it was like putting acid in your veins.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It didn't help me. I think I did it every week or so for at least a few months. I got headaches after doing it. I heard it's supposed to address viruses but I don't know. I'd look for some good science as to why it may help, first. I think the doctors just make money off of it.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dangerous

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joshzz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joshzz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Based on the input from those that have tried this treatment, Ibelieve it is fair to say that this would be ill-advised therapy.

My concern would be is that if you damage your veins, you are going to have serious life-long problems and may never be able to take intravenous antibitoc therapy without experiencing serious complications.

Why risk everything for a short-term treatment that may not even help you but could seriously scar you?

Posts: 107 | From new jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done it numerous times along with IV ozone. If you have the right doctor that knows what he/she is doing. It can be helpful.

It was to me. The key was to take our time with it. A drip would take as long as 4-5hrs at a time and it was done 2 or 3 times a week for a couple months.

Posts: 458 | From Miss | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickofsick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickofsick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. My daughter had them for 4 months, along with other IV treatments. No big improvement. The change in condition of veins was troubling to me. It got very hard to get an IV in and this scared me. I also wondered about increase of difficulty of breathing.

It is possible you are seeing the same doc. PM me if you want to discuss.

Posts: 312 | From Utah | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby did many of these treatments before we tried antibiotics. In my opinion they can help with viruses and maybe candida. Do not think they will help with lyme, babesia or bartonella.

Wish we had that money back now.

Why not add the peroxide to your bath as suggested by Dr J in Kansas. A lot cheaper and you have nothing to lose from trying it that way.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True they are most helpful for knocking down the viral load and getting it under control. It's not helpful for lyme and co.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are definitely helpful to me. They help with the pain quite a bit. I do feel I herx on them a little so I think they are killing something. I don't think there is damage to the vein as long as the drip is slow enough. I can tell if the drip is too fast because it becomes painful. I do not feel like this is a cure for me, just a part of my treatment.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think its "ill advised". think under a Dr's treatment that it is safe.

I did them for a while, it didnt really help me at all, but I do think its safe

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I am not going to do it. There is not enough people who have benefited from it and I do not want to damage my veins. In fact I may just cancel this appointment. She is not an LLND - just a local, and she is expensive - nearly $300 for the first visit.

I also am not into taking massive supplements right now. I have a cabinet full of everything imaginable and don't need anyone suggesting anything else. I am fed up with swallowing things.

I just cancelled it! I am relieved.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just took ozone autohemotherapy as a similar thing, but not tough on the veins. You take blood out, add ozone, and put it back. It has been helpful.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ozone autohomotherapy did not have any positive effect for me. Nothing at all like IV peroxide. I'm not suggesting ozone isn't good. It seems to help lots of people. I just wanted to point out that it's a very different therapy (for me anyway).
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement