LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » nothing cutting anxiety

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: nothing cutting anxiety
lyme in Putnam
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on 2nd clonopin. going to naturopath today. lemon water to detox, just got period. lowest rifampin with low zithro. empty brain, just shaking, keeping busy with bills, computer. psych talking to llmd, doesn't know what to give, have loop of docs, i somehow think this is stress, adrenals, thyroid, pituitary. who puts the pieces together?

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please hang in there it will get better.

Natural things for anxiety
L-theanine 200mgs
Kava Kava
Skull Cap
Passion Flower
Calms Forte
Insitol

And good bartonella/lyme/babs treatment.

You can PM me if you need to talk.

You are in my prayers.

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Experiences with SHOCK
------------------------------------------------

Lyme is very toxic. Borrelia spews out more than its share of nerve toxins and then there are the heavy metals that most lyme patients also seem to have as the Bb is killed off and releases more heavy metals.

The endocrine system and nerve fibers have been attacked and working overtime for, well, seemingly forever.

Detox SUPPORT is vital but sometimes detox methods can be far TOO much. The right balance is key.

Sometimes, certain Rx or supplements can be too strong for use, too.

Specific adrenal and nerve support is very important. In addition: REST, Aggressive Rest.
-------------------

Sometimes, forced rest, quiet and dark is the only combination that will really work to let our bodies calm down.

That's hard but when I've listened and just shut down, my body can then start to balance. This can take quite some time but it's probably just as important as other support methods.

We have to stop the stimuli "feed" - just stop it - because our brain, nerves, endocrine system just can't manage it all sometimes.

RETREAT to calm, as much as you can and my guess is that your body will really appreciate that.

This includes shutting off troubling thoughts and self-talk, too. Ambient music and reading books other than "homework" books, doing some art, singing, can be nice but sometimes, it really is a dark and quiet place that is required.

You could meditate, dream, pray (but not "wish list" or "worry" stuff) - disengaging your brain to just appreciate serene scenes in your mind - or focus just on breathing. Allowing your brain, mind, ego to relax with some time off.

===============

DARK, QUIET (really quiet)

Long ago when I was learning about adrenal exhaustion (before Google, about '97) I recall having read in a nursing book that for patients with severe adrenal exhaustion,

they were placed in seclusion - darkened, quiet room. Visitors were limited and sometimes asked to not even engage the patient in ANY conversation, even light topics.

The book stated that even conversation, even light, was just TOO taxing for some patients with "fried" adrenal function (my term, not theirs).

NO light was allowed, other than a muted light night out of direct sight.

=================

That made an impression on me. It is true, in my experience. Very true.

I used to be very miffed about my body needing this. Only when I could come around to the being a gift for my body, a literal life-line, did this "forced rest" really help.

Rather than "forced rest" or even "aggressive rest" - and while it is truly triage, often in a true emergency situation for my body - I have to reframe it for it to work as intended:

Although absolutely necessary, I must look at it as a retreat. Figuring out how to experience some appreciation during such times has helped to occupy my mind when it wants to engage.

For a long time, just appreciating the fact that certain colors were part of life was all I could do that was positive but non-taxing.

I could appreciate my having seen this or that place in nature and my ability to do gentle guided imagery of just being - not forcing achievement.

Learning how to let go takes time. Without that, I would have not lived. The sheer adrenal shock has been that great at times that it's nearly killed me I say in all honesty.

Adrenal shock, I think, can be from chronic stress as much as from a sudden trauma. I think many lyme patients are very much in a state of

PHYSIOLOGICAL SHOCK. And shock can kill.

So, along with magnesium, fish oil & specific herbs, etc., retreating has given me a chance.

If we don't put ourselves in a dark, quiet time out, no one will. We have to become our own parent about this and maintain sheer vigilance.

Soon, this technique becomes second nature when needed. It can be a life-affirming act.

Ommmm.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Remember that MAGNESIUM must be in divided doses, 3 times a day, or more. Total at least 1,000 mg but some need to go up to 2,000 mg a day (with doctor's consult).

Always divided doses so as not to stress kidneys, and because Magnesium "wears off" after a few hours.

And, be sure you don't have any MSG or Aspartame in your foods. Sometimes, food manufacturers change their recipes.

Google for all the names they both hide under.

Avoiding foods that are high in glutamate / glutamic acid is also vital to calm the overexcited nerve signals.

For anyone with anxiety, it's important to avoid added glutamine in supplements, even if part of a formula. Often, too much is added so as to impart pep and energy. For us, it's just too stimulating.

Eat sardines or wild salmon. Those two foods are my best support to keep my nerve signals steady.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got back from llnd. Hypoglycemic, not eating. Raised isocort. What I thought was rif, herx, could be, probably, but did lemon water a few glasses was wrong when I'm not eating and not enough protein. My cholesterol went up o much to 251 and I'm not eating. Put me on homeopathic pellets, GABA regulator. How do u know whats what when so much is screwed up. Thanks for advice. Sure I'm toxic too on rif and zith. [Frown]

--------------------

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Thanks Keebler. Trying advice for adrenals.thanks so much.

--------------------

glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parasites cause extreme anxiety. Have you tried doing any antiparasitics? Getting rid of parasites was the only thing that calmed down my anxiety.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homeopathy. Classical Homeopathy.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymetwister
Member # 19590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be from excessive Gluatmate or even Histamine acting as an excitatory Neurotransmitter.

I would try Benadryl first since you don't need an Rx.

Then, perhaps Rx from Dr. for Lamictal, which inhibits Glutamate.

Might not be GABA related at all.

Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm treating for my lyme relapse, and my anxiety if off the roof! I keep losing weight, and I'm trying to make it through full time work.

I don't know if it's the LYme, the biaxin, emotional situations, or a combination of both. Azithromycin this summer created extreme depression until I stopped it.

I see a good therapist, but that is just a bandaid. It feels more physiological.

I need encouragment that I can get through this. Tt's my worst symptom now.

CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

My llnd just raised my isocort and a lot of the shaking stopped. I wasn't shaking when I ot up this morning and didn't take klonopin yet. I don't feel like myself, depersonalization always bad, She said not eating caused hypoglycemia, have to have protein every 2 hours for today, back to 4x a day tomorrow. Treating Bart. Do you use a benzo? Some aren't for it,, I've used klonopin. My naturopath gave me psorinum or 6 dys, this is my 2nd. I'm not thinking nearly like myself, trying to stik o what naturopath says, scared but have to try to get some quality of life back. A lot use Xanax, some go natural. I'm scared I'm doing both, but I have no choice. One doc knows what the other is doing. Ask your therapist, if a psych to give u something, or ask for a psych from your therapist. Naturally local mrs. Greens or supplement store what to take, I just wanted somebody to know everything I was on. You'll be ok. More than half on this board have to take something to get through this. Pm if u want. Eat. I'm not hungry but it makes everything so much worse. I'm sick of almonds,mpeanut butter and turkey every 2 hours. Force yourself. Who'd have an appetite knowing what they went through and are stuk again? You'll be ok. Thinking of you, it's not a picnic, I live it. I want myself and my old life back. You'll do it.

--------------------

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Putnam. I do force myself to eat- I snack on string cheese and non-nitrate turkey jerky. Yes, food is good in the stomach.

There's a really good article in REAL SIMPLE magazine issue Jan 2012 titled "Get over over-thinking." Good pointers on getting past rumination which is driving me nuts.

Thanks for your support.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Wih I coud follow my advice, fright flight all day, am nuts.

--------------------

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

It's back last 2 days big time . Calmer mon, thought clearer tue half a day, we'd thurs, shaking so much thoughts, Keep eating and logging for llnd. Tired like all.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement