LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Babesia Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Babesia Help!
JCarlhelp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JCarlhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son is very sick with Babesia. Dr. H said he had the highest reading he has seen on a test. My request would be that anyone able, list what they have taken, pharmaceutical, herbs other or combinations and if they helped. It was sad today when he called and said he felt like he was dying a little at a time. He is only 30 years old.

Tear from a Dad

Posts: 366 | From Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our daugher was on Mepron & Zithromax for over a year. Plus probiotics, lemon water and other stuff (sorry my wife took care of this).

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about your son--

I've used biaxin, mepron, & artemisinin (an herb). I'm actually back on biaxin & mepron now, babesia is tough to get rid of (at least for many of us).

Sometimes people use malarone instead of mepron.

Best of luck..

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for your son JCarlhelp, I am treating Babs, doing pretty well. You can see my sig for what I am taking. I also added Cryptolepsis, according to Dr. H. (NY) There is alot of success with this herb.

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the way I felt 30 months ago after being sick for 12 years. I felt like I was dying. Not any more.

Malarone and Dr. Z's ART-2 has been my help for Babesia.

It is not an easy fix, it takes a long time in treatment to get rid of Babesia. 3-6 months of treatment will not get rid of this.

My adult son has done remarkedly well with Mepron and ART-2.

Have patience, it takes time. There is no easy fix for any tick borne infection.

Posts: 671 | From Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mepron and Zith helped me a lot and I felt improvement pretty quickly. Never got better cuz couldn't get the 2x/day dose - could not eat and it must be taken with fatty food to absorb.

Recently stopped Mepron due to side effect and feel pretty sick again pretty fast.

I think if taken right with the right food Mepron with Zith is a good fix for Babs.

Posts: 348 | From MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HIgh dose Malarone with zith and cryptolepsis. I'm finally having many good days...as long as I get a good night sleep.
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have to take Malarone with any other drug or is it a stand alone drug?

Also what's the minimum amount of time you should give babesia treatment to work?

Also I hope your son gets better. What test did he take?

Posts: 105 | From east | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finished mine off with Zithromax and Artemisinin. Great combo!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javelina
Member # 34071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javelina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI -- I would highly recommend purchasing the talk on Babesia from the latest ILADS conference. There was a lot fo info given. It can be found at ILDS.org. The talk was given by a prominent LLMD

Best wishes to you and your son

Posts: 12 | From Tucson, AZ | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javelina
Member # 34071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javelina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi again -- oops, typo - that's ILADS.org

: )

Posts: 12 | From Tucson, AZ | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you can see the ILADA talk on babesia online. It was given by Dr. H. Here is a site but it looks like it may have been taken off. It looks like there are other links though that might help.

http://lookingatlyme.blogspot.com/2011/10/ilads-conference-toronto-snippet-but.html

Babesia duncani is more resistant than babesia microti and requires more aggressive treatment. I was very sick last year although my tests were just barely positive.

I did Mepron and zithro for five months - the typical dose, although many doctors are prescribing twice as much mepron now. After five months, progressing at what seemed like a crawl, I switched to a fairly high dose of malarone with zithromax.

I pulsed Coartem every 3 weeks and that seemed to be what made things work. As of September most of my babesia symptoms were gone. I continued with a smaller amount of malarone (mainly due to the expense) and pulse Coartem every 3 weeks. The only remaining symptom is lack of stamina.

I tried artemesinin before going on Mepron and it did nothing for me. There are stronger derivitives. There is artesunate and also artemether. Artemether is one of the main drugs used in Coartem. You can buy it in the herbal compound Artemix.

Dr. H highly recommended the herbal tincture Crytolepis. He said it was what got one of his patients to finally respond to treatment.

When you start Mepron it really kicks you emotionally as well as physically. Your son should expect to feel pretty depressed for awhile. The fourth week is the worst because that is how long it takes for Mepron to completely build up in your blood.

There are a lot of ups and downs too. It seems like you are making progress and then it is snatched away. You just have to keep on keeping on. Mine suddenly cleared up. I was almost shocked the way it left.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCarlhelp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JCarlhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone for the information. There seems to be a common theme of Meporon or Malarone at high doses, Zithromax and Artemsesia. He has a well good lyme doctor and is doing a lot of the items listed or has tried including Coartem which he believes helps. He is coming home this week. He did say he felt better today after glutathione IV. I have extracted a couple other morsels of information out of the responses including PC-Noni, lipisomal artemesia and a transdermal cream made of cryptoleptis, artemesia and teasel root. I will discuss with him when he comes home from New York this week. Thank all of you and have a Merry Christmas
Posts: 366 | From Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement