LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Symptoms still lingering...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Symptoms still lingering...
bfunk
Member # 32354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bfunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone could offer any feedback here.

I have been with a LLMD since Feb 2011. Begin feeling "sick" Dec. 2010. Tried many different types of orals: doxycycline, zithromax, ceftin, mepron, flagyl. Out of all the orals, flagyl seemed to push me forward the farthest. July 2011 began IV rocephin. Bit the bullet and took a chance. It was a good chance. IV treatment has really been the only thing to put me back on my fight, and something closer to a "real life" again. My doctor wants to stop IV treatment mid January & return to orals. BTW - I eat extremely healthy and have lost a lot of weight unfortunately. I am hoping to gain some back when I am off IV. Rocephin has seemed to clear up brain fog and spacy feelings somewhat, even though I'll still get it from time to time. Also it has improved the horrible dizziness by so much!

Question - I never tested positive for anything, but I was bit by a big looking mosquito in the summer of 2010 I believe. Do mosquitos carry bartonella and other co-infections?

Symptoms that still seem to be lingering are: headaches, (back of the head, behind the ear) but they don't seem to last, brain fog, achy legs, back pain every now and then. Could bartonella be there still?

P.S. When flagyl stopped, switched over to biaxin. Had to stop after 3 days, just completely unbearable. Wasn't worth it.

Any thoughts/ideas appreciated, thanks.

Posts: 30 | From New York | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bfunk
Member # 32354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bfunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also forgot to mention: get stiff neck occasionally, and pain just below neck, left shoulder aches.
Posts: 30 | From New York | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you are getting better and making progress. Can't comment on some of your other symptoms, but suspect I may have gotten Lyme through mosquitoes rather than a tick, but will never now.

What were the intolerable symptoms of Biaxin? I've been on biaxin pediatric doses for 2 1/2 months, and I have terrible anxiety and depression. I'm so tempted to stop it, but see my LLMD tomorrow.

I had the same symptoms with zithromycin. Could you just tolerate the zith. but not the biaxin?

Just curious. I suspect the biaxin for my anxiety and depression. Maybe, it isn't the cause??

Best wishes for a full reovery.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bfunk
Member # 32354

Thanks for responding. With biaxin I got severe heart palpitations, so tired I felt like I might fall asleep at the wheel, and the anxiety was intolerable. Had tremors and shaking. I had a really tough time tolerating the zithromax too, but I tried to tough that out. I was on zith in late February and March. The macrolides seemed to target those symptoms for some reason. Even though my stomach has been better, I still seem to be hungry a lot, and feel bloated....
CherylSue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, BFunk. I think when I see my LLMD tomorrow I'll ask him to try something else.

I work full time, and I can manage the other symptoms, but the anxiety and depression are making it difficult for me to concentrate. They are my worst symptoms now. I do have some stress in my life, but I have a loving family to make up for it. It just doesn't figure that the anxiety overtakes me unless it is the macrolide family of meds.

Thanks for responding.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bfunk
Member # 32354

Yup, the macrolides do that for sure. I believe for me it was the antibiotics not the lyme acting up!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement