LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » It's a Good Day for my Daughter!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's a Good Day for my Daughter!
LAXlover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25518

Icon 7 posted      Profile for LAXlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymenet has been a big part of my life since 4/2010 and I knew you all would understand.......
I just wanted to write in and share some happy news!

I shed tears of happiness for a change today!

Long story short is that my daughter was dx with Crohn's/Ulcerative Colitis five years ago at the age of 8.

About a month ago, she tested positive for Lyme AFTER I had her pediatrician run the CD-57 which came back at 20. A stool test showed Charcot Leyden-Crystals which could be the byproduct from parasites.

My LLMD saw her within a week and put her on Flagyl (for parasites and cyst buster for Lyme)and Doxy. We also drove to NJ from MD to see the doctor that wrote about Pediatric GI Lyme:

http://journals.lww.com/jpgn/pages/articleviewer.aspx?year=1999&issue=10000&article=00050&type=fulltext

After months of pain and liquid bm's, I am SO HAPPY THAT TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY!! Shhhh.....she'd kill me for talking about this but I'm going to anyway.....

she had no pain today and a FORMED bm!!!!!!!!!!

I felt SO HAPPY when she told me this, I grabbed her with tears in my eyes and hugged her for a long time. She said "mom, it was only one time" and I said "it's a GREAT thing, you have turned a corner, it's WONDERFUL". "I knew you'd be happy Mom, don't cry", she said.

Who ever thought I'd jump for joy over POOP??!!

Now I know we are on the right track. I want to yell from the rooftop, but it's a little chilly outside....

So, we will continue this journey together day-by-day and learn more along our way......like has Lyme been the culprit these last 5 years? Does she really have the colitis? Has it been an infection this entire time from parasites and Lyme? (IGenex co-infection panel just came back neg).

She did get a Lyme IGenex test back then and had positive bands but overall was negative, and I believed it because it was supposed to be the best test out there. NOW, I'm not convinced it was for her. Maybe I tested her too soon 5 years ago. I don't know.

Sorry, I got carried away, and now my short story is a long one.....

-LAXlover
me - misdiagnosed for years then bit again 2/2010, treating since 4/2010, circles all over my arms but only equivical test, was doing pretty well but now CIRCLES ARE BACK [Frown]
Daughter - MAY have been misdiagnosed for 5 years, dx with Crohns/Ulcerative Colitis via colonoscopy, now pos for Lyme and Parasites, started treatment around 12/3/11.

--------------------
LAXlover

Posts: 371 | From Northern Baltimore Area | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jedidano
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jedidano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LAXlover-

I would be disappointed if you were *not* this excited!!!

I'm 35, and at times I have called *my mom*, or called my doctor/s with "big" news, that most other people would be like "huh?".

Congrats for both you and your girl. :-)))

Posts: 116 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's one thing for US to be sick, but I can't imagine having my daughter not feeling well for five years.

From looking at your signature, your daughter has only been treating lyme for a month, and already showing signs of improvement. What a miracle!

You've been there, as we all have, and know that the right treatment does work!!! So happy for you mom. Hopefully, there will be many days of celebration in the future....

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So happy to hear the good news!
Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
back2game
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for back2game     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, wonderful news. praying for continued improvement!

--------------------
CNS Lyme 05/08 - EIA 1.16+, IGG 18+, IGM 23+
01/11-IGM 31 Epitope Positive
01/11-IGM 31+++, 41+, 58++, 83-93+, 23-25IND, 39IND
01/11-IGG 41+
Vasculitis 01/07,MCTD 05/06,Fibro 11/04, Myofascial PS 11/03
Embedded Tick app. 1990

Posts: 136 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is awesome. My daughter is the other way, always constipated. It's a good day when she does indeed poop, so I know what you're talking about.

Thanks for sharing. [woohoo]

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryMouse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CountryMouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is EXCELLENT!!! I remember you posting not long ago...SO glad she is being treated and is doing well!!

--------------------
Country Mouse

6/2011 IgX:
IGG: 31 IND, 41+++, 45+, 58+
IGM: 31+, 39 IND, 41 IND, 83-93 IND
Band 31 confirmed to be Lyme epitope by Igenex 7/2011

8/2011 IgX: POSITIVE
IGG: 31+, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41++, 45+, 58+
IGM: 31+, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41++, 83-93+

Posts: 169 | From Western Mass | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any good news associated with our kids is exciting and post-worthy.

I am so pleased she had a good day - we must celebrate the good to endure the bad....

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't imagine all the suffering your daughter has been through. [Frown] And can't imagine being a parent of a child that so sick.

Thanks for sharing the awesome news!

If people only realized how much our poop really says about us. Hah! I've read that 80% of our immune system is in the gut and it starts in the mouth and ends...well, you know.

Just said a prayer for your precious daughter...and for you. May 2012 be a super great year!

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This made me happy! I wish you and your daughter continued success.
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news!! Hope she continues to just get better and better!

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement