LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » WE NEED EVERYONE'S HELP!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WE NEED EVERYONE'S HELP!!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As many of you know, Seeking a Doctor has no one to run it. I simply cannot work there like I have in the past. I have a lot of neck pain due to a bulging disc.

Others have similar problems and can only spend limited amounts of time on it.

I'd like to get your feedback on this ..hence the posting in Medical.

If you would be willing to build and maintain a list for your state, please post here. ( my PM box fills FAST )

I have a name list for all states. However, it is OLD!! I could give you what I have and you could go from there to update it. Delete and add.

I would prefer that you've been a member here for at least 6-12 months .. but perhaps I can't be choosy!! [bonk]

All you would need to do then is reply to those in Seeking that you are able to help.

We are thinking about creating an email address to receive recommendations of LLMDs from members. I'm tired of giving out names of doctors, only to get feedback that this particular dr is NOT a true LLMD and/or NOT a good dr. Let's narrow down the lists!!

[bow] Suggestions on how best to handle this are welcome!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had access to LLMD lists for different states I could help some or as much as possible I should say. There are times when I am down for the count and don't even get online for days, know what I mean?

I know when I first posted in seeking I got like a 20 page list that was outdated and took me a couple of times to get through the whole thing. Don't get me wrong I very much appreciated the guidance, but it could definately be edited.

The list also included advice on how to approach a LLMD or a doc about appointments and treatment along with some other pointers. This was all good info, but maybe it should be in a thread of it's own.

P.S. Just PM if you think I might qualify for the job.
P.S.S. I hope my "freshness" on another thread about you visiting Plum Island does not disqualify me. [kiss]

--------------------
Down on her knees, she wept on the floor.
This hopeless life, she wanted no more.
Dead in the mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone. ~Seether

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can provide a list for VA, MD & DC and try to do that as much as possible.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] heehehee... you're enlisted, mom2kids! Thanks!! [Cool]

Now to get a working list....

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu, I can do Texas, OK, Louisiana.

I already know the only 2 options unless someone new has come along - if there is - let me know.

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Woohooo! We're on a roll!

Sending faithful a list for comparison.

Thanks, MIT!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have all the posts for NC from when I got my references and would be happy to share
Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, gigimac!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive been trying to do NY/CT as much as I can when I log on. Welcome back. Feel good.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can do NJ and New York area. I work full time but I will jump in every day!

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Do either of you need a starting list?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a list and I need to know if there are guidelines to posting replies in "Seeking"... I only know of 2 LLMD's near me (MA and CT), but I don't mind doing any of the states as long as I get a list.

--------------------

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I still have mine but it may be outdated, can you send it along ?

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just give them the names of who I've seen, which are many. Don't have an official list.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mom2kids,

Just PM'd you my list for WA...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole_Denise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole_Denise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not from the states and I only know one LLMD in Seattle. I do keep an eye out for Canadians, or people from Washington, but I don't know that I'd be much help
Posts: 503 | From Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Thanks Razzle, got the WA list.

I know not ot post any LLMD info online, but are there any rules as to what info can/can't be sent in a PM. I don't want to get in any trouble...

--------------------

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to send me the Maryland list, I will tell you if I think names need to be removed or added.

I try to respond to every Maryland request (unless they specify western Md which means they don't want the doc list I give out). I also help those in PA and Del. who aren't far from Maryland. And, I help those in northern Va.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, I�ll help out as much as possible. When you�re done compiling a list you can send it to me.

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rene
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm willing to do Kentucky and Indiana, however do not have any list at all. Only know of two, possibly 3 docs. If someone is willing to send a list that is current, I'm in.
Posts: 366 | From Louisville KY. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marypart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marypart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faithful, if you pm me your list for VA,MD and DC, I can send it out, too. I'll just post "List for VA, MD, DC sent" when I've done it. That way we'll know it has been done.

TF, I think I have your list, but if I'm going to be helping out with the DC metro area, please send me any updates you have.

Thanks to all.

--------------------
Son, 26, Dx Lyme 4/10, Babs 8/10
Had serious arthritis, all gone.
Currently on Valtrex
Daughter, 26,bullseye 7/11
arthritis in knees, cured and off all meds. .
Self:Lyme, bart, sxs gone, no longer treating.

Posts: 496 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great team!

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie81
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iam from Canada but I am online all the time so if you give me a starting list I will do some research and add/delete whatever is needed. I will do any/all states

thanks

Posts: 574 | From Out there somewhere | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

steve... thanks!! may take awhile to compile ..

info sent to TF and ready to send to Rene

jackie .. will PM you

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I and Robin123 can handle Ca....her Northern and me So...
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

coffee71
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coffee71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys you can count on me too, and I am willing to help if you sent me lists for NY,MD,VA and any other state.

Few months ago I offered my help, but I never received any list to share.

Lymetoo I sent you a PM

Posts: 191 | From va | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could a complete list be posted somewhere online with password only access? That way only one document is being updated . And then,a group of volunteers with the password could go in, copy the appropriate states and mail it to the person asking to find a dr.

I would be happy to pitch in too...but can't say i am an authority, as i am just figuring it all out too. But, if there was a lymenet approved list somewhere, I would be happy check into finding a doctor a couple of times a week an to copy and send.

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't METALLIC BLUE have a complete list? Wasn't he updating it or something? And, btw, how is he doing?

Seems he hasn't been around for a while. I read he was trying new protocols. Does anyone have any information about him? We're all concerned.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DUH, No sleep quite ill. Not quite sure all you want to be done or exactly how. Sorry.
Florida gal,Huggggssss, to all in need,Kerry

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I don't know, kudzu. Interesting idea!

hopingnpraying.. I'm not a fan of a list with 30-40% non-LLMD's on it. Just my bias.

no worries, kerry! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Tutu. Was not aware the list had so many non-LLMDs on it!
Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

yes, many complaints

COFFEEEEE......your mailbox is full!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement