LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » teeth hurt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: teeth hurt
lyme in Putnam
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone?, out of nowhere, upper and lower feel like cavity pain.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, me too. It's in a tooth that had a root canal and apicoectomy over the summer. It had been feeling better until a couple of weeks ago. I can't tell if it's the tooth or the Lyme?
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manybites
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had ALL my teeth with root canals infected and needed to remove them and clean the cavitations deeply as the machine with biofeedback stresed that the bone will not restore if I did not cleaned it deeply.

bartonella and lyme destroyed my teeth.bart can hide big time in root canals.I used to scream big time from pain ( while I had bells palsy and did not even knew about lyme at all).

The doctor told me that I was sick and my symtoms seems as LYME .That is when I started reading about it.I was already long time cronic on every coinfection and near death .I recall the infection of root canals that happened on my lower jaw 16 years ago they were definitly from bart and lyme since than.That is when I took steroids that Brought lyme and bart out .All these years I had TMJ and you name it severe headaches.

You have had the infections for 25 years.I think We are in the same page but I was diagnosed in 2008.Still treating babs now.

Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first got infected, one of my symptoms was that it felt like ALL of my teeth, on the LEFT side, had gone bad. Like overnight. The suspicious thing was that it was all on the left side.

Was about to learn that I had been bitten on the RIGHT side of my head!

Posts: 245 | From Tickafornia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme loves the mouth (teeth). Lots of bacteria there. When I got bit the last time (got babs that time), my teeth immediately started hurting. Also had major TMJ. I had them xrayed, crowns replaced and dentist said there was nothing visibly wrong.

Now I get my teeth cleaned every two months because the abx and lyme do a number on them (stains & plaque). Plaque creates inflammation, and we all know lyme (or one of it's friends) loves that (resides in it).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. One time after a RIFE session I immediately felt this bizarre senation/pain on my teeth. Started in the front teeth and moved to the back. It was so bizarre.

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopeful in Holland
Member # 34304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopeful in Holland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had cavity like pain where the tooth had been removed long long ago!
Posts: 50 | From Holland, MI. 49424 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today teeth feel like cavities on both sides. I'm only on low doxy and smilax.

--------------------

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sinus infection can cause tooth pain as well. If you have some kind of resistant bacteria in the sinuses, you may get tooth pain as a symptom. So it's not necessarily any issue with the teeth.

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One drop of Tea Tree Oil on my toothbrush/toothpaste has done wonders for tooth pain. My gums are healthy pink again and dental hygenist can't find anything to scrape away.

I found this little hint in an Amish doctor book on parasites(whether bacteria or any other of their mean friends) that invade are dirty dirty mouths.

Really helped my tongue too.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

thanx much

--------------------

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Irritation of the vegas nerve can cause your teeth to hurt. Certain medications, like mepron, can irritate this nerve. Try taking an antacid.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you be clenching without realizing it? I've been doing that due to anxiety so my teeth are sensitive, although not painful.
Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riverspirit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riverspirit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nefferdun, I'd appreciate it if you could post more about the vagus nerve connection with teeth pain. Sounds interesting.

thank you ~

Posts: 164 | From North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Told you I was sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, yes, yes...Lyme and company love the mouth!

I was in good oral health until my Lyme/co-infections really hit the fan. I had gotten an all clear (with x-rays to prove it!) from my dentist. Six months later, I returned to the dentist complaining of tooth pain, and was saddened to learn (again through x-ray confirmation) that I had 6 new cavities. My dentist indicated to me that one of the cavities was a mere 'couple of weeks away from a root canal.' Yowza. Nothing about my oral hygiene had changed during that six month period, by the way!

After those issues were corrected, I went on to develop severe gum issues, which began with intense bleeding of the gums, and then actual pocket formation and gum recession.

I was very hesitant to undergo a scaling procedure at my dentist's office, but, knowing the predicament I was in, I felt as though I didn't have much of a choice.

After doing the deep cleaning procedures in various sessions, I am happy to report that my gums have stopped bleeding, and they are returning to their more health state!

The bacteria embedded itself in my teeth, and as best I tried to take care of my oral health, it was a losing battle. The scaling really did the trick for me.

Additionally, although I was very skeptical of it at first, investing in a nice electric toothbrush also proved extremely helpful. I even purchased a semi-decent oral irrigator/water pick type flushing system to use on my gums when they were too inflamed to floss.

I am still plagued by random phantom tooth pain, although there is currently nothing going on with that (meaning that I am cavity-free). One unique symtpom that I have been having lately (which may be being caused by Mepron, or a prescription mouthwash) is a burning sensation on my tongue. Since I have dealt with neuropathy from my tick-borne diseases, however, I have a strong suspicion that it has just found a new place to dwell.

Best to you!

Posts: 315 | From Negative (-) to positive (+) | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Told you I was sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, one more thing that I might add as proof that the scaling procedure helped... I ended up going to see a periodontist just last week to get his opinion on my gums.

He did note a little recession, but assured me that my 'gingiva,' or the thick part of the gums that secures teeth into place, is still plentiful.

He told me to continue with my current dental plan, which will now include cleanings once every 3 months (as opposed to my former once every 6 months).

I hope that a similar plan can help you as well, 'Lyme in Putnam.'

Posts: 315 | From Negative (-) to positive (+) | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a simple remedy you can try, to see if you feel any better: swish a little sesame or sunflower oil around in the mouth for 20 minutes and then spit out. It can take pain down. I think it's supposed to pull toxins out - not sure, but I think I read that it can.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement