LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » liposomal EDTA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: liposomal EDTA
searching4truth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for searching4truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have started this as part of a chelation protocol. It is quite expensive, and it particularly disgusting to swallow down. I read to mix it with lemonade or grapefruit juice, but it is a big glop of goo, and does not mix at all.

Does anyone know where I can purchase it at a reasonable price? And does anyone know the best way to get it down? My stomach is quite sensitive these days, and it does not take much to get me nauseous.
thanks!

Posts: 427 | From Pacific Northwest | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Porsche
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Porsche     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed that a lot of people are using the liposomal approach for better absorption of supplements. I believe that this is a mistake if you are trying to get rid of biofilms and the Fry bug, because although absorption is better, liposomal is essentially a fat, or lipid carrier.

Like you said, it's a big glob of goo! Here is liposome def:

"An artificial microscopic vesicle consisting of an aqueous core enclosed in one or more phospholipid layers, used to convey vaccines, drugs, enzymes, or other substances to target cells or organs."

I'd say that it's like taking mepron and Malarone with fat so that the drugs will be absorbed better. Yes, they will be absorbed better, but the fat will just end up keeping the bugs protected from the drugs, and thousands of dollars and many months will just be wasted.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
searching4truth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for searching4truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Porsche, what is the alternative?
Posts: 427 | From Pacific Northwest | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb133
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb133     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not all LLMD's are buying into the low fat diet approach. My daughter is positive for Fry Bug.

She is taking Ivermectin, Boulouke, and Enzalase.

She was already on Malarone, Zith and Liposomal Artemsin and still is.

Right now she has been doing very well for the past 5 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Debg

Posts: 499 | From Malta, NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Porsche
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Porsche     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4truth, just take the regular EDTA. There is also a suppository form if you are worried about poor absorption from caps.

Gail, feeling ok doesn't mean it's going away. What's the point in taking expensive meds for a year or more only to relapse almost immediately after stopping them?

Even if someone is feeling better on a protocol, it could be that the meds are hitting a different organism than what is targeted, and maybe the Fry bug is just remaining in check without any real progress against it at all.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb133
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb133     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well Porsche if that was directed to me after being horribly sick thru all 4 years of

high school on many different protocols to include IV abx I will happily take the last month of my daughter feeling terrific.

Nobody can definetely tell whats working for what infection but I choose to think in a positive manner after watching her suffer for so long.

Many people have the Fry bug and are asymptomatic.

Posts: 499 | From Malta, NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement