LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » CEFDINIR???? Why is it making me HERX so much????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CEFDINIR???? Why is it making me HERX so much????
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymegal23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was taking doxy high dose along with rifampin for like 6 months and I wasnt really herxing much except during my period and regrowth cycle and when I took my Flagyl two days a week.

My LLMD took me off Doxy and put me on Cefdinir instead along with the rifampin and by the fourth day I definatly had a herx! Sore achey body and neck. brain fog. my eyes feel puffy and kinda filmy. much like they did when I first got sick. Now im a few days before my period and I FEEL LIKE CRAP. Why am I herxing so much more on the Cefdinir?? its odd

Does the Cefdinir kill the same form of lyme that the doxy does or does it kill more forms?

Anyone please shed some light on this!
Thanks so much!

[ 04-05-2012, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: lymegal23 ]

Posts: 995 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milagro
Member # 37023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milagro         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PM sent
Posts: 88 | From NE | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymegal23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone has to have some insight!

Please!!!.....

Posts: 995 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD had started me on Omincef (Cefdinir) about a year ago with other combos, then would switch Omni to Suprax after a 3 to 4 months, then went back to Omnicef, then over to Doxy. The only consistant ABX in my mix has been Zith, even when on a Babs or Bart protocol.

Everyone reacts differently to all the combo protocols. Its a big experiment to see what works for you.

good luck with your treatment

gmb

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

^ Thanks! I'm just wondering if anyone else herxed SO MUCH MORE on cefdinir than on their other antibiotics...

THANKS

lymeboy
Unregistered

I didn't get giant herxes, but I did seem to have more of them after starting Cefdinir. I was also on a ton of other ABX and herbs. I have had the most improvement since starting that regimen.
Milagro
Member # 37023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milagro         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymegal,

I'm having the exact same experience with Cefdiner. I sent you a PM.

Posts: 88 | From NE | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

^ Milagro. I received your PM. However I did want others as well to chime in on here. That way I can see how many people have had this experience as well

I dont see Cefdinir talked about too much on this forum. Im curious about peoples experiences from it and if others had VERY strong herxes.

beths
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm suppose to start it-yikes
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

Beths are they putting you on the Cefdinir in replacement of something else?

I was put on the Cefdinir after using doxy for like 5 months. I was really suprised how much I herxed.

I just really dont understand why hardly anyone on here ever talks about this drug...

gmb
Unregistered

Lymegal23,

Do a search on Omnicef, it might turn up more info. This is a third generation of the Ceftin class ABX. Ceftin is most likely discussed here more often.

hope this helps

gmb

lymenow
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just started today(boo)....i will let u know
Posts: 109 | From PA | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am switching out amoxy for cefdinir, also take biaxin
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockette1
Member # 38039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockette1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have taken a lot of Omnicef, and it has gotten me far with I believe all the infections, tho they say it doesn't. YES to the mega herx. You will find a scary repeating multi-day herx like every 5 days. Also wicked bad nausea can occur becase this stuff has a long half life and stays in your gut.
My LLMD is big on it because I have the Euro strains garnii and alfzelli.

Posts: 26 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter takes Cefdinir with Zithro, both liquid form. Her burning feet, headaches, and tiredness has gone away.

She never herxed, only got better.. She was bit two years before developing symptoms.

If she sleeps really late she may get a headache & is her only symptom for now, knock on wood.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LBS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LBS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Herxing on Cefdinir..ugh!

--------------------
Tick Bite: March 2011
ABX Treatment: August 2011
Diagnosed: September 2011

Posts: 137 | From God's Got This! | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to add that no matter what abx I am taking ( I have not taken cefdinir) I flare or hex around my monthly cycle. Maybe this also has something to do with it. Just a thought.

--------------------
Winni

Posts: 150 | From Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been taking Cefdinir since early June. I love this drug. I did not herx with it until about a month of taking - and I am not sure if it was this or the mepron and biaxin I was taking also.

I herxed terribly on doxy and rifampin, but once I was off those meds, I felt better.

Since starting these meds, I can feel more activity in my head. My herxes seem to include this strange head tinglng, louder tinnitus, vibration feelings and occasional achy bones/joints. I also cry easily.

I hope it will help you and your herxing will slow down. Perhaps you need to start at a smaller dose and build up. It is amazing how differently we all react to treatment.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to add that no matter what abx I am taking ( I have not taken cefdinir) I flare or hex around my monthly cycle. Maybe this also has something to do with it. Just a thought.

--------------------
Winni

Posts: 150 | From Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement