LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » why us and not others?/also med mix

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why us and not others?/also med mix
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why can some people get multiple bites,sleep in the woods ,work in fields..get ticks on them and some bites..

knock it of snd just go on???

Is there something in our system, also

can these supplements we take basically counteract the ABX benefits>??? [dizzy]

[ 04-11-2012, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: nonna05 ]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion the primary difference is probably in the strain of lyme that is contracted. There is research that shows some strains are much more virulent and I think some of those strains do NOT produce rashes.

Or another theory I have heard is that the rash is a sign that the immune system has recognized and is fighting the infection.

I do think it makes a tremendous difference in how many and which coinfections a person has.

I definitely do not think supplements interfere with antibiotics and treatment.

At this point I do not think anyone can answer your question because we just do not know enough. Also I am willing to bet that there is more than one correct answer.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and depends upon their immune system

some of them WILL BE SICK sooner or later

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My theory is that we all get bitten by a different tick that was attached to a different host in a different geographical area. There are 100s of pathogens in these bugs. It's as if every single person with this illness has a different illness. Its not like, lets say HIV that is passed from one person to the next.

One person may get 100 different virulent pathogens and another person may get one pathogen that is not virulent.

Of course, if your immune system is down that will make a difference. I don't really subscribe to that idea because my immune system was in great shape when I was bitten and I was violently ill.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shannon12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shannon12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes Haley, what you said about the immune system I think is true, I was so healthy all my life, got minimal colds, and then one day just woke up and literally felt like I was hit by a truck from all this.
Posts: 229 | From Forty Fort, PA | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you..

.so anybody else about the supps messing with ABX , as in on negates the other.

Thanks TuTu ,, I know slow down....and comply...I'm just seeking any missing pieces.

Dell repair person ,actually sent to my home..I guess India got tired of my calls [Wink]

I mention at home so much and my need to be on this site to learn etc, and mentioned LYME..

He's like Oh ya ,my ex-girlfriend had it/has it, my Mother is a herbologist sp? Also has other degree's in seeking health.

Brought up how some people just have thing's in smell/body that attract certain bite bug's ,mites, whatever and some just don't attract it.

He's been bitten at least 10 times..His brother lives in the woods..Litterally ,sleeps on the ground constant tick's and no sickness...

Can an Immune system just be so strong these guy's don't get to do their thing?

All on eastern part of states and South Dakota. said they knew many with illness.

That it is everywhere.....

and his mother suggested 1 herb $5 for ex-girlfriend and she got better..Just has to watch it a bit..

I had just taken 17 vits/supps/drops and getting ready for ABX. Just makes you wonder what the h__k it's all about.

I can say that I was actually dressed and waiting for this repairman.

.That's a blessing..

[Wink]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To quote Louis Pasteur
"It's the terrain not the pathogen"

My LLMD told me that it is the amount of metals a person has that determines how damaged they get from lyme.

I agree with Bea in that there is more than one correct answer.

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

I've had at least 4 metals test's..blood ,urine, 24 hour urine etc,,some usually say lead and mercury, but treatment is minimal.

So I guess it's not that high.. Yes I ask,,told a few thing's but never REAL BAD.

If I look at test it seems to me it's high,..But to date it has not been a big issue to Holistic, NASA, LLMD and primary...

This has also happened with hormones.. In my gut I feel a need for ESTRIOL, not the other's and with DIM,,,,also some progesterone.

I've been working on that since Suzanne Somers first book came out,.
Trying to beat the bad times,,,,go figure.

If I Goggle metals and take supps ,then I may mess-up protocol.. Hysterectomy 8 years ago ,left 1 ovary , but they can't find it...

I will try to get answer again...

This is why I keep trying to figure thing's out...

TO feel well again , but to put this other "MAYBE STUFF" to rest...

No wonder friend's and some family just say get on with it, air, food , happy thought's...

It's just so complicated..and yet the test show issues at varied degrees,including positive LYME.
[confused] [Razz] Nonna

ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItsMyTurn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Lymetoo. Eventually they will get sick. They just won't know what is going on with them.
Posts: 182 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto what Laura said "it's the terrain not the pathogen".

Immune health, genetics and ability to detox (also determined by genetics to some degree) are all huge.

I also agree with Bea in that there is more than one correct answer. Everyone's "terrain" is unique. It's definitely not one size fits all with any chronic illness. And Lyme is just one piece of the puzzle.

As far as what Tutu says-That eventually they will get sick-that is true to some degree. The things that happen to us usually happen to people in old age. I feel that the world we live in today has a lot to do with things. When you think about genetics and how it predisposes us to illness, our older family members that didn't develop certain illnesses until old age would probably have developed them sooner if they were exposed to all the environmental assaults we are exposed to today such as toxins, chemicals, food additives, EMF's, vaccines, antibiotics in foods and so on. They had many more years of not being exposed to all this BS than we have.

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

anybody=y else about if/how ABX's can be affected by all the Supps we take?? Vitamins//minerals

Mag with Bicillin or Omni??

Samento, mimosa with adrenal support?/

How do you find out

Know you can plug in ABX into med interactions and get response to those...but what about all this other stuff??

Many doctor's still call the varied supps/vits/drops/ medicine also..

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wonder if it is related to genes.

back when they had the vacine fiasco they figured out that 1/3 of the population would get very sick with severe arthritis when given the vaccine. maybe it is that third that gets sick from ticks?

i ran a camp at one point in a very endemic area-before we knew about lyme-and i remember 2 little girls-siblings...at the end of the day one woutl have ticks and one wouldnt. later one had learning problems (the one with the ticks) and the other didnt.

the point is -they would go everywhere together...but one always came back with bites ant the other didnt.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

ANY SUPPLEMENT EXPERTS OUT THERE? Also grapefruit juice for Artiminison...but not supposed to be with which abx?
nonna05
Member # 33557

ANY SUPPLEMENT EXPERTS OUT THERE? Also grapefruit juice for Artiminison...but not supposed to be with which abx?
nonna05
Member # 33557

Bit more about the mix of meds/verses supps/minerals//

and it's warm in Colorado so I'm tired of being one that get bites

Does being on treatment prevent a increase/or new infection?

should have done new post ..but want answers [rant]
Don't we all....

he Lord let me build a nice glorified Garage with heat and plunbing (cabin) in the mountains and I want to use it again.

Slightly scarred,,besides needing to get better to stay a few day;s at a time..

How do you check inside?/

To many question's //Sorry

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement