LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to General Support.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr. Phil did a GREAT JOB!

Author Topic: Dr. Phil did a GREAT JOB!
Rivendell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Dr. Phil. You have my respect.
Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree-if you watched the "uncensored"" part, he talks about how it's in insurers best interest to deny chronic lyme, so they only have to pay for 30 days.

I thought it was a good show.

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I disagree....I felt the girl on the stage came accross like she was an addict. The other two were totally credible I wish they would have done a more in depth look into them.

--------------------
Psalm 119:50
My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

Posts: 292 | From Heaven | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My computer is ancient. I wish I could have seen the "uncensored" part.

He is clearly on the side of Chronic Lyme.

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milagro
Member # 37023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milagro         Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad he felt the need to be censored...
Posts: 88 | From NE | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Still, the censored part was on the side of Chronic Lyme.

It is a huge first step. I'll take it.

Milagro
Member # 37023

Unfortuneatly no one but us will see that part.
Posts: 88 | From NE | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm watching live now where i live. Where's this uncensored part?
Posts: 105 | From east | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't believe the model came across as a drug addict at all. She's ill and she needs help.

Spent $70,000 and all the help she is getting is la la gas? That is so sad.

TBTG that Dr B from the show is going to help her pro bono. Miracles happen everyday and today we seen one.

I don't believe that young model would have been around much longer stuck in her lyme hell.

So sad!!!!!!!!!!

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

I think featuring the girl who is taking the pain
meds was to help people understand how painful this disease is and how desperate they can become, especially when they can't afford treatment.

Dr. Phil asked the LLMD to treat this girl "pro-bono", and the doctor agreed.

beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you go to his website, there is a link to the "uncensored" part
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you hear the amount she's taking of the whippits daily? She sounds addicted. Is that even legal because if it's not her credibility went out the window. Im not saying she's not really experiencing these things. Im in pain too, i totally understand that aspect.

How does it look to totally healthy people who've never heard of lyme? I worry that came accross wrong. That plus the amount of time Dr. Phil spent on whether she was "faking" her seizures..even asking how come she's screaming during them.

The other two guests and the doctor B was amazing!

--------------------
Psalm 119:50
My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

Posts: 292 | From Heaven | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was great. Made me cry.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milagro
Member # 37023

Whippits are not illegal. It's the same gas that's in a can of "Ready Whip". Hence the name Whippit...

I have one of those steel canisters for making whipped cream. I use a whippit cartridge for that.

tmcm
Member # 23249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tmcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen the show yet, but it sounds like there was "some" good information and just not enough indepth information/time given.

Why not FLOOD Dr. Phil's website with comments to get him to look at devoting an entire show to the issue!!

It may have not been perfect, but it is a start and maybe we can get some momentum out of this for the good!

Posts: 52 | From Illinois | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that Dr Phil has done the best job of anyone on any kind of talk show, ever, who has discussed chronic lyme.

PLEASE go to his website and sign up and leave a positive comment for him (He said he reads them!) and encourage him to do another show tackling the subject of the political/financial/insurance/conflicts of interest aspects of the chronic lyme issue.

I agree that Dr Phil is clearly on the side of chronic lyme, so lets be positive and encouraging....he had the guts to talk about this when no one else would on their talk shows.

I think that the Johns Hopkins Dr looked discredited.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was good!! Good job Dr Phil!!

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i agree. best job i have seen. hope he doesnt forget us.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More info in General Support for those who missed the show. The transcript is there.

moving.............

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement