LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I am having a love affair with Bicillin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am having a love affair with Bicillin
BoxerMom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25251

Icon 6 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Don't tell my husband.)

Seriously, why did I wait until year 5 to try these? I've done only 2, and I feel incredible.

I'm also on Flagyl, because my C.diff flared. I like this combo.

And if I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, so be it. This is the best progress I've made in the past year.

No more evening fevers and sweats.

Clear head. Good energy. Incredible sleep (the normal kind - at night).

No nausea, bloating or stomach pain (those could have been C.diff).

And I feel GOOD. Like I could have a social life if I had any friends left.

I herxed after the first shot, but only for a few hours. I'm having a very mild herx after today's shot.

I'm going to start another thread with fevers in the subject line, because I know some people are struggling with those right now. I thought mine were Babesia, but now I'm thinking they could be anything that responds to Bicillin or Flagyl, even the C.diff.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ardraneala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ardraneala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doctor wants me to try them, but I can't afford it. I hope I can save up.

--------------------
Listen. That's all we ask.

Posts: 172 | From toronto | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this usual for those who tried shot's WITH FLAGYL??????

Happy for you Boxer

Any other changes with those?

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They worked great for me too. I did 3 a week for 5 months. They got me from 50% to about 85%.
R

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
In19944
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for In19944     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome boxer..how much are they? my doc plans on giving them to me next month...gotta plan ahead. thanks
Posts: 184 | From taking pills | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ignorant question...sorry...what IS Bicillin?

--------------------
Tick bite in 2006, bullseye rash, treated with 2 rounds of 2 weeks of doxy. (once in 2006, once in 2009)
Dx with chronic Lyme May 2011.
LLMD April 2012, Treating with omnicef/zith
Lots of supplements!

Posts: 640 | From Connecticut | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura_W
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura_W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bicillin is an Intra muscular injection of a penicillin type antibiotic. I'm sure others can give you more details on it.

But, it is typically a med that is easier on the gut. And generally for most takes awhile before seeing improvement... But lots of people like it.

Except that the shots can be very painful.. very thick. The shots are known for leaving knots under the skin if injected too fast. Shots are given in the hip~butt area. typically 1-4 times a wk.

I like Bicillin as well. [Smile]

--------------------
10/10 EIA 1.4+, 41 (IGG), 23 (IGM)
Bitten over 20 years ago.
Currently not treating, looking for a Dr who will work with my insurance lol.

More muscular, cognitive, nerve issues than joints. Facial droop and blurred vision.

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love it!

I am on week 3 on my Bicillin shots, 2x a week.

And I started Tindamax with it (first time on cyst buster)

I am herxing- but I am very optimistic this combo, (I feel like I've done a lot of oral antibiotics for Lyme before this)
might just 'get me over' the Lyme part.
My plan is to continue this combo through the summer, then see where we are at.

But yeah- I think the Tindamax is kicking me- I am working up to 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off-

Believe I still have some Bartonella left to tend too-

I would advice trying to get the Bicillin prescription to go through your regular pharmacy- My first set of shots I bought was through LLMD- $$

I bought second shots through my pharmacy, my insurance covered a big portion.

And, by the way, I was scared about the injection, problems-
I'm not even bruised- ice packs right after.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You still have me, Boxermom, lets go out tonight !!! LMAO

So happy to hear yo are feeling good !!! I love my bicillin too !

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bluesfatique
Member # 37432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bluesfatique     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had good results too, but then four to six months later I relapse.
Posts: 15 | From New jersey | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
will GSE work just as well for cyst busting?
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My pharmacist ( small town ) says he can compound the drug inexpensively using the powder.
Ask around .

Others here used VET bicillin with good results . I believe "Bejoy " is one . There are others who also used it. It is dirt cheap and vet meds arepharmacy grade . You may need to do a search here. I would not ruin my finances over it .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeforhealth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeforhealth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can biccillin be added to a combo like cipro and mino. They have made a difference for me but I have plateaued and was hoping to add this at my next appt.

So happy you have found something that helps

Posts: 199 | From Niagara Falls | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Bicillin too, and am on my second round after a long break. I too relapsed though -- but wasn't taking the aforementioned drugs.

I can't tolerate Flagyl and don't know the latest on natural cyst busters. Is there currently a good natural alternative I could take w/ Bicillin?

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is great news. I will be starting this soon. I've done it before and it cost about $32 for 2.4 million now it is going to cost me an arm and a leg. I'm very happy to see this post. I am taking it for my chronic strep which flared up after doing Ivermectin. Do you mind saying how much you pay?
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started a thread on Bicillin cost. I'll bump it up.

I pay $7 per shot. Insurance picks up the rest.

That's for the 1.2 million.

My doc was reluctant to prescribe the 2.4 million. Did you do those 1x/week? I'm doing 1.2 million 3x/week.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll do one every 3 weeks.

Do you do the shots yourself or do you go into the office to have them done?

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

I'll do one every 3 weeks.

Do you do the shots yourself or do you go into the office to have them done?

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do them myself.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

nonna05
Member # 33557

Boxer mom and others how is it going with these???/

Can anybody chim in on if GSE will help enough as a cyst Buster???

[ 06-02-2012, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: nonna05 ]

outerspace1226
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for outerspace1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just started these and I feel better. I'm doing 4x's a week. Wish they weren't 50 bucks a pop
Posts: 147 | From youngstown | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
outerspace1226
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for outerspace1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and yes nonna. my llmd uses GSE it in conjunction with pharms when people have financial difficulties. i know people who use it with abx as a cyst buster and herx like you would on flagyl or plaquenil. just make sure you are using it correctly with proper dosage and timing.
Posts: 147 | From youngstown | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What LLMD made these popular?
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BoxerMom, how do you do them yourself? How do you get the angle right?

I just left my LLMD and he's talking about IM Rocephin at my next visit.

My husband is out of town a lot which is a challenge if I have him doing my injections again.

I would really like to be able to do them my self.

Bicillin was awesome for me too, I don't know why my LLMD doesn't want to do them again.

I think I could have done even better on them if I stayed on them longer, I was on them for 5 months.

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Billicin effective because it quickly sends Borrelia into cyst form thus bringing relief?

Then you go after it with flagyl?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Boxer mom is the love affair still going?//

Outerspace what is correctly and right dose and timing?????

Who had quick results? Who took a few months or several weeks to feel help?

Who is only using GSE for the BUSTER????

Who is going to answer this? [dizzy]

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is great Boxer. I was too chicken to ask for them. I still have bruises from heparin and it has been two months since the last one! But if I relapse I guess I will bite the bullet and shoot myself.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll throw out a few thoughts, but really, dosage, where you are at in your treatment in order to do these shots, are really up to the prescribing Dr.

Yes, I think (and LLMD's opinion) they should be used with a cyst buster.

If GSE is the cyst buster you are using- see how that works for you.

Maybe you need to be on that one for awhile until moving up to a stronger one like flagyl or Tindamax.

I've been doing the shots for 6-7 weeks, 2x a week, my DH does it for me. I sit on an ice pack for 1/2 hour afterward, I am fine.

(Sure, achy sometimes, but doable.)

I am doing the shots with Tindamax- started at the same time- trying to get to 2weeks on/ 2 weeks off the Tindamax-
so far, I've been able to get to 12 1/2 days 'on'
The Tindy had been a large 'hit' to me- a push for sure. Hard.

I am happy with this protocol- I can't do IV's, and feel like this is crossing over into the brain.

The Tindamax results- my reaction to it has prompted us to test me for the Fry infection- (the parasite)
waiting for that test, then further treat for this if there.

I don't know how long on this combo- for sure I want over the summer- and will see how I progress...

HTH.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Yes, I am still in love with Bicillin.

Still at 1.2M, 3x/week.

Off the Flagyl. Taking Zith, Mepron, Bactrim and pulsing Ivermectin and Diflucan.

I do my injections in the upper/outer quadrant of my butt. Kind of the upper hip area. I do have to twist around to get to the spot, but I've never had any trouble getting there. (I sit on the toilet with the lid down and put all my supplies on the counter.)

The angle is pretty straight-forward, perpendicular to the skin.

I've done many injections - B vitamins, glutathione. I have no fear of needles, and I'm quick.

I sit on my ice pack for 20-30 minutes before my injection. I'm fully numb, and can't feel a thing. I have never experienced discomfort with an injection. Afterward, I rub the area to distribute the medicine.

canefan - Bicillin is so effective because of its kill kinetics. I had a chart of different abx and their kill kinetics against Bb, but I think it's in a Power Point somewhere. Anyway, you can look it up online.

I am having symptoms that are entirely new to me, which I always consider to be a good sign. This abx is getting to infections/areas that others have not.

I was very tired after my first two shots. Then I got a boost of energy from them for the next three weeks. Now, in week four, just very mild herxing.

I would love to stay on them through the summer, and rotate my orals.

I know some people do the 2.4M. I tried to get them by telling my LLND that's what they give for neurosyphilis, and she was like, "When did you get neurosyphilis?!!"

I told her, "I have neurolyme! That's worse!!" But she wasn't buying it. Meh.

I may try to take two of my 1.2s on the same day just to see what results I get, other than a very lumpy butt.

(BTW, I use the little round band-aids, and I leave them on so I know where I did my recent injections. Now, my butt is covered in round band-aids. It's a good think I'm married. That would be a weird thing to explain.)

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

nonna05
Member # 33557

Any other timing issues????

How long before see it working>
Did you get spasms/tingles/numbness/fatigue at all with it.
Do you seperate anything from it?

Can GSE be taken anytime?/

Thank you, Thank you....

nonna05
Member # 33557

canefan were you answered ...I didn't see it.

So most are OK that GSE is a cyst buster?/

Man are my legs cramping again...the numbness lightened up a bit...

But this is some pretty deep cramps/spasms and I had my Mag yesterday ,in several forms..

Maybe I'm not getting enough calcium..

Also, somebody mentioned that Bicillin uses up potassium ,,so are we to take more.. I go low on this easily......sweating , being out for hours at a time some days...Argh. [dizzy] [lick]

Yes I've asked and need clearer input ..have to wait for appt ......and wanted to go over new items ...I take paper and pen ...I review and yet...

Thing's just come up....Thank you'al bunches!!!!!

nonna05
Member # 33557

OK , I'm not small and especially in that area..

Does that change angle at all???
LymeCFIDSMCS...Did you see the GSE part for natural cyst buster??//

Is there any issues with other supps/vits/min/? timing?

In19944
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for In19944     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boxer, try getting more and doubling. i doubled and i feel better, 2.4 twice a week or even 3x. if u can find soft spots. [Smile]
Posts: 184 | From taking pills | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement