LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Party is over! Ivermectin is making unwelcome guests leave (visibly)!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Party is over! Ivermectin is making unwelcome guests leave (visibly)!
Tammy N.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26835

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just started meds a few days ago, and am already "seeing" results. So bazaar and weird.... but empowering that I have something (meds) to battle against these little bastards. I am going to win this one. [Smile]
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Garden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo! [Smile]

--------------------
Garden

"Fibromylagia" for 8+ years
Pos IgeneX WB per both Igenex and CDC
Pos Neuroscience MyLymeImmuneID
Started tx for Lyme in March 2011

Posts: 245 | From East Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annelet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annelet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy....did you have any particular symptoms that you can attribute to the parasites?
Posts: 250 | From canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy,

That's GREAT!! When you're not on Ivermectin, taking some cloves would help kill the eggs.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annelet - it's so hard to say with this disease what symptom is attributed to what infection. My symptoms seemed more Bart than anything, but again, who's to say? I'm hoping symptoms will leave... as the bugs do.

Gael - I've got a few more meds lined up after the Ivermectin. Then, for sure, I will go to herbs and cloves, long term. I am not messing around. I plan to stay on top of this nasty infection. Your posts convinced me long ago about the need to treat for parasites. MANY thanks for all the advice you're giving along the way.

BTW - when you say cloves, do you mean regular cloves from the spice aisle at the supermarket? How many do you take and how often?

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think anyone who has lingering symptoms should do the anti-parasite protocol. It's well worth it. I don't know how pwoplw attribute the symptoms to a particular thing. It doesn't make sense. The testing is not accurate. We don't know for sure what is what...

I think it's important to do a general, long term detox if you have on-going health problems. All these viruses, parasites, toxins, mold, yeast, pathogens, etc. are inter-related.

As GiGi posted-

human>parasite>yeast>metals>bacteria>viruses...

probably other toxins, too.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are you doing the ivermectin at the same time as the abx
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No abx.
My docs feel that my gut needs a lot of repair in order for me to get well.

bigb76
Member # 37546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigb76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What brand of horse ivermectin.
Posts: 21 | From PA. | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

I did not get the horse version. Mine was compounded at the pharmacy.
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy, you say that most of your symptoms you had thought were bart....can you elaborate? and did you ever treat for bart? I have treated bart forever and bart meds seem to irritate whatever I have but not kill it......I have the Fry protozoa and my doc uses Ivermectin and biofilm busters for that so am wondering if it is that.

Would love to hear more about YOUR symptoms. I can't believe this is *still* bart although symptoms seem classic...lots of neuro and vascular involvement, but oddly no GI problems which is classic bart.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take Hanna Kroeger Cloves and get them from vitacost. Hulda clark has amounts. Google hulda Clark parasite table.

So glad you are going after the parasites and having success. Abx are just not enough for those chronically ill. Keep us posted.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

CD57 - Yes, I did treat for Bart years ago with several months of Rifampin. I don't think I ever got symptom free. Last summer things got very active again after a tiny cat scratch. Wasn't sure if it was coincidence or what.

Anyway, my worst symptoms are buzzing, tingling, numbness, hot searing nerve pain, etc. (tends to be more left-sided) Also, jaw pain. My veins have been looking odd too (huge at some times, and in new places, like low in my abdomen, near my groin.)

Never thought I had gut issues.... could eat anything I wanted without a problem. Recently though, I started getting odd reactions. I've become more sensitive to sulphur, and other foods too.... things I could normally tolerate with seemingly no problem. Recently went to a good ART practitioner and he said my gut was way out of whack. He picked up on a lot of different pathogens. He then said "you are probably reacting to a lot of different foods when you eat". I was surprised by his knowing this. Anyway, he put me on a few supps and homeopathic remedies. Immediately, I started to get a lot of sounds and reactions from my gut. And sweated several nights in a row (something I RARELY ever do as I'm constantly dehydrated.) Also was getting odd rashes popping out briefly here and there, certain it was coming from what my gut was releasing (if this makes any sense??) Things are definitely shifting. He also has me avoiding raw foods and grains. Said it would be too rough on my gut right now. He suggested a lot of soups, stews, etc. I've been trying to stick with this, but I have to keep rice in the mix. I am too thin. Lost too much weight and can't risk losing more.

I am very excited to be seeing results from the parasite treatment. Hard to believe what I am seeing. Crazy! I can't say it strongly enough.... I think EVERYONE on this board should DEFINITELY treat for parasites. What is the downside? We all have parasites. And those who are the sickest have the most. The sooner we treat, the sooner we can get better.

glm1111
Member # 16556

Tammy,

DITTO.....DITTO.....DITTO....DITTO To EVERYONE on this board should treat for parasites!!! Thanks for the voice, and I am so happy you are getting rid of these creatures!

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Gael, you have had a huge influence on me. Only wish I would have understand and acted sooner. Many thanks for your constant encouragement, and your consistent posts.

I hope you don't tire of posting. Everyone needs to hear your message.

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Oh... wanted to mention.... I remember reading somewhere (?) that parasites don't like sulphur! So I'm hoping (and praying) that once I knock the infection down, I can begin again to tolerate sulphur. I don't know why, but I have a feeling this will work out for me.
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DF Tammy, oh goody, you joined the bug club!! So glad to hear you're having visitors - flush 'em good! [toilet]

We've already got our dear parasite queen! What I want to know is...are you the next parasite princess? [group hug]

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Oh yes, I'm preparing to polish my tiara as we speak! Will never dethrone the Queen, but I will happily accept a Princess title. (Long Live the Queen!!!)

Regarding treatment -- I haven't been this excited in as long as I can remember. And it's so strange being excited to go to the bathroom. It's bazaarly satisfying to see these bugs expelled. Very empowering.

jackie81
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly are you seeing? and is Invermectin an abx or what is it?
Posts: 574 | From Out there somewhere | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we treat for parasites while on antibiotics? I'm starting three new meds next week but have a parasite cleanse here too. Would that be too much at once?
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy [woohoo]

[ 05-23-2012, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: nonna05 ]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Garden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is SUCH good news!!

--------------------
Garden

Posts: 245 | From East Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Thanks nonna and Garden.

jackie - I am seeing thin worms with heads, gross, I know. It's not a maybe as to what I'm seeing, it's obvious. Very strange. I believe they are filarial worms?? according to what glm1111 has posted in the past. Ivermectin is not an antibiotic, it is an anti-parasitic medicine.

jlf - I've heard of a lot of people treating parasites while on antibiotics. But I wouldn't attempt it without the guidance of a good, knowledgeable doctor.

Somehow, you have to find a doctor who is onboard and make treating parasites a TOP priority, imo.

glm1111
Member # 16556

Tammy,

You can have the title of P Queen anytime you want it. PLEASE continue to get the message out, you are being such a HUGE help on this issue. PLEASE KEEP POSTING ABOUT IT!

For the life of me, I can't understand why these doctors don't know this, especially when Burgdorfer found Filarial worms in the ticks he dissected.

BTW, others here have taken antiparasitic herbs while on abx with no problem. Just space out the herbs and meds.

For those that haven't seen this www.lymephotos.com Not everyone has this infection, but if you are chronically ill, chances are you have other parasites, including roundworms, pin worms, hookworms etc.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right on Tammy!!!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys just wanted to add a bit to this discussion, glm and Tammy you are both so right about parasites.

I started huma worm 2 days ago as my llmd instructed and this morning I couldn't believe my eyes but there was a longish stringy thing in the toilet . ( gorse I know)

I was eating celery a few days ago but doubt it was a string from that as it was too long.

I can't believe it. This parisite cleanse seems to be working.

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Maya,

That's GREAT! Just keep going and don't stop even after 30 days. You can alternate with Parastroy or even Hanna kroeger Wormwood Combo. Extra cloves is important as well. Keep us posted!

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

I will keep posting. This is just TOO important not to.

My local LLMD is in total favor of treating for parasites, but just hasn't been sure at how to go about it. She is so happy I've found someone that can steer me, and she will oversee me.

Maya - That's great! Keep at it. Isn't it amazing to see results so quickly? Was the same with me. Says a lot about why we've been feeling so sick for so long. Stay on top of your detox. As these critters die, they throw off all of their toxins.

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have asked my LLNP about parasite treatment and she said that it is risky and many have ended up in the hospital from the tx. She trained under Burrascano, but has not been practicing for that long. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this...
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Uh, What's the alternative to not treating parasites??? Letting them continue to lay eggs and larva and invade the organs brain and CNS?

Sorry, but she doesn't sound too efficient or professional to me. If you have a serious infection of any kind, you can get sicker trying to eradicate it....case in point....Lyme.

I would find another practioner who does ART testing to see if you have parasites.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant no disrespect. I'm just trying to take all of this information in. It is so much to digest with all the angles of treating Lyme.

glm and manybites, are you both doing well now? That is amazing if it was the parasites that prevented you from getting well and that was the final step that made all the difference.

My LLNP was sick for over a decade with lyme and when treated by Dr. B, was eventually cured. She then trained with him. It isn't that she doesn't believe that parasites can be a problem, it is that she wants to cover all other bases first because of the high risks with parasite treatment.

I guess those risks are no different than the risks with chelating heavy metals. This illness is a nightmare!

She is really pushing me to do IV ABX next. Perhaps I should try to find a naturopath before taking that plunge. I will post for one and see if there is anyone within driving distance...

I'm happy for you both if you are doing so well after killing those parasites. It is an awful thought that they could be in my body. Most of us don't want to believe that. Lyme truly sucks.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

dbpei - no disrespect was expressed, so no worries. I do agree with Gael and manybites though, that parasites must be treated. And I think, whenever possible, it is best to have a knowledgeable practitioner to guide you. Ramping up slowly should make it manageable (same with Lyme treatment).

I'm really coming to the realization that I think parasites are perhaps the main underlying cause keeping us sick and from beating Lyme. This is just my opinion, but I am feeling more and more certain as I go forward.

Manybites - thanks for your suggestions on keeping the organs unclogged. I haven't read up on Hulda Clark yet (can you believe it?!?) I will run this by my doc.

gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy N.Is the ivermectin causing any herx reactions for you?
Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

No herx for me, just feeling better.

I felt God-awful just before beginning. Feel so much better. I'd say a solid 30-35% improvement. And much much better energy. That in itself is a gift.

I will not leave this path anytime soon. I KNOW it is the right one for me... at long last. I am going to be well.

gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is awesome Tammy. I plan on trying ivermectin one of these days too.
Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on a low dose of Ivermectin now for a few weeks for the Fry Protozoa. I've taken Ivermectin now for a while, and Zymex II a few months ago, and both have the same effect on me.

I've never had anything in the toilet. What does that mean? Do you always see something, or could it be that I just have the fry protozoa/parasite, and no other parasites?

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it considered so dangerous to treat parasites, what is dangerous about it?
Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

baileypup - maybe you are not on a high enough dose?? When doing meds, I think it's good to be on therapuetic doses. Just a thought.

Look at Gael.... she was on anti-parasitic herbs for 6 months and didn't see anything until she started adding the salt/c, then they came pouring out of her.

Maya - I don't think it's dangerous... or maybe I should say...any more dangerous than anything else. I think it is just so important to deal with this infection. To me, any possible risks far outweigh the possible benefits.

baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy, what dose of Ivermectin are you on? I already have to detox and bind at 1/2 3mg.
Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What has been interesting for me:

I did Humaworm last summer,
my last LLMD had me do
7 days Albenza, on 7th day add 1 time dose of Ivermectin,
did that 2x.

But it has been the Tindamax I've been on this past 6 weeks, building
14 days on/ 14 day off
and I am seeing parasites.
Saw them also one time when I took some Ketoconazole for yeast (before Lyme treatment.)

Just started my daughter on Paragone for kids.

I am totally with the crowd of Lyme & co. = Parasites.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

baileypup - I am taking 12mg caps 4 times per day. Before Iver I was on Biltricide for 2 days, then after Iver I will be on 2 weeks Albenza, then 2 weeks Alinia (unless doc changes/enhances protocol as we move along. I am seeing my doc for ART testing every 2 weeks). I'm not exactly sure what all the different meds do, but I think switching the ammunition along the way is a good thing (these meds are based on Dr. K's protocols).

After meds, I plan to do anti-parasitic herbs with salt/c LONG TERM (like Gael).

surprise - that is interesting. Seeing the parasites tells you you have an infestation. I would go at them in earnest, full throttle. For me, I'd see this as priority #1.

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy - wonderful you are seeing progress!

I have one week leftover of the Albendazole and Ivermection protocol, am going to start Monday, just finishing up my
Tindamax 'on' cycle today.

The full moon is next Saturday, and that will be my whammy last day with the Ivermection.

I am also doing glutathione suppositories, this produces 'interesting' results too, shall we say.

I have a separate bottle of clove caps, haven't tried them yet, isn't the full moon time period when they lay eggs? Nasty.

LLMD appt. on Tuesday, see what the feedback is there.

Daughter on day 2 of Parastroy for kids, hyper and crazy :-/

--------------------
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Tammy, how are you able to handle that large dose of Ivermectin? I've heard of many others taking much larger doses then me. What are your side effects? Are you having to detox and bind, and are you having any GI problems?

My llmd wanted to put me on the Schwartz protocol, which may be similar to what you're on. I don't think I could handle it.

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Surprise - good luck with your next round. What brand of glutathione suppositories? What effects are you having?

baileypup - I'm not having any problem with the dose. Just feeling better. Having a little light sensitivity, but that's basically nothing to me. Having no GI issues with it either. I've been taking microsilica at night, and most days I've been doing coffee enemas. I think that is helping a lot. The whites of my eyes have been whiter than they have in years.

kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy N. It's an interesting comment you made about the eyes. I noticed after a month on Ivermectin my daughter's eyes looked as bright as they did before she got sick. It was a very hopeful sign.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy - do I understand correctly?! You are taking 48 mg a day of Ivermectin - Wow, for how ling did you take that dosage?

This stuff kicks my butt. I handled most abx well, but this stuff is different.

Do you work? Were you able to work on that dosage?

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Haley - yes, you calculated correctly. It is starting to catch up with me. I am wiped wiped. I'm only on it for 2 weeks. Also taking Pyrantel at night. Then I switch to Albenza, I think... then something else, then Alinia?? Have to check my notes. I may need a break in between to build myself up a little. Killing bugs is hard tiring work.

I don't know how, but yes I am working.... 3 days per week. Having trouble keeping up with everything so I am taking as much off my plate as I can.

I can't believe what is coming out of me. Hard to wrap my head around.

glm1111
Member # 16556

Quote"I can't believe what is coming out of me. Hard to warp my head around".

Tammy,

I know exactly what you mean. When I had a ton of parasites pour out of me, including the ones pictured at www.lymephotos.com I just kept saying "No wonder I have been so sick"

I really think a lot of people that are chronically ill, are sick mostly because of G.I. parasites.

They keep all of the other co-infections in check. That is why I keep posting about this over and over again. I really don't feel spirochetes are the main problem at all.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael. I have to confess .... when I first got on here in 2009... I thought this Gael must be selling something because you kept mentioning parasites..... it didn't matter if someone was losing their mind or just feeling really sick... you always recommended parasite treatment.

I will probably be joining you in professing this about parasites because I do believe this is what will help me turn the corner (still can't say for sure). June 1st is three years since my diagnosis.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Saw my LLMD yesterday, and sent in a blood sample for the Fry bug-

If it is positive, then will do the Ivermection, Alinia, et al.

I am on my last week of Albendazole 7 day, last day 1 dose Ivermection - (left over from a long time ago, different LLMD)

and it is weary fighting these things, for sure. Hard on the immune system.

Also on Bicillin w/ my Tindamax pulses. Off Tindamax while on the parasite protocol this week.

Tammy, did you test for the Fry bug?

--------------------
doing okay!

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news, Tammy! I think it's so encouraging when you see tangible proof that something you're doing is having an effect!
Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Gael - I'm starting to see it the way you do. So many people stay in treatment for Lyme and cos for so long, yet most don't fully get over the hump (living symptom free with no further treatment). Makes me wonder if everyone tried to aggressively treat parasites, would there be better "cure" rates? So far everyone I know who tried to treat parasites in earnest, seems to be seeing results. I think it's important for all of us to realize that this needs to be a long-term thing. Can't just do a 30 day herbal stint and think you've checked it off the list. This is what I did 2 years ago. That got me nowhere. Now, with a very strong approach, I am seeing results that are stunning me. This is a stumbling block that I never would have gotten past with any other type of "Lyme" treatment. I pray for my full return to health.

Haley - good luck! Go for it!!

Surprise - no I did not test for the Frye bug. So many people are testing positive, that I'm becoming of the mindset that this bug is likely an issue for just about all of us (just my opinion). I knew I was going to treat for parasites, so I saved the money on this test. I do wonder if it is enough to treat the Frye bug with just parasite meds, and not the Doxy??

ukcarry - Yes, it is encouraging! Nice to hear from you. Haven't "seen" you around lately. Hope you are well:)

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Wild Condor get bitten over 100 times? �Surely she must have had parasites, but I don't think she ever treated for it?

I don't think Dr. B, who treated her used antiparasitics?

She must have had every bug in the book. �Maybe really high doses of ABX, as she had taken, also have an effect on parasites?

Also, do you feel that the parasite and Salt C treatments get past the BBB & into the brain and neurons?

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Wild condor also did massive amounts of HBOT. Maybe that killed parasites if she had them.
Garden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31671

Bumping up - Tammy, how are you doing?

--------------------
Garden

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Hi Garden [hi]

I am doing really well! Still on para treatments. Less bugs are being expelled. My symptoms are way way down. I am on such a great path. Very grateful.

Garden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31671

Yay! I did so well last year when I did two cycles of the Dr K parasite treatment. I ran into a major snag when I couldn't get Alinia during the second round, while they changed manufacturing locations.

I'm back on the train, taking pin x and ivermectin at the moment. The herxes were intense the first few days, but I know that means it's working.

I'm so glad to hear you are making so much progress!!

--------------------
Garden

cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on a anti-parasitic called ipil-ipil that my DO put me on. He wanted to try one called Para-A but I couldn't do the alcohol in the tincture. I have had tons of clear transparent pieces of stuff that looks like the lining of my colon, but don't know. Does anyone know what it is? I have not seen anything string or with a head. I have not felt well on the antiparasitc. I was also on nystatin at the same time. I can tell I need to visit with the DO. He had me do 4 days on, 3 off, 4 on , and then 20 days laters do 4 more days. After reading these posts I can see I need him to test me and see what else we can try. He likes to use herbs better than meds. Any adive
Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Garden - It sounds like you are on a good track. That's great. Keep going. I don't know what pin x is?? What was your line-up of meds, doseages, etc.? I'm curious.

cozy - I don't know what ipil-ipil is. I have taken Para-A. I'm fine with alcohol in my homeopathics. Even that small amount of alcohol is a problem for you? (If so, bummer!)

A lot of folks like Humaworm and Parastroy. From what I'm learning, it seems that herbs are not usually enough. If you go the herb route, it's important to add salt/c. Dr. K is typically very natural in his approaches, but for stubborn parasites, he tends to prefer pharmaceuticals. He also like mimosa pudica.

NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fellow parasite killers - please don't forget the heavy metal connection. Parasites are attracted to heavy metals, they bathe themselves in them and when we kill them, they release the metals along with everything else they hold.

My doc trained under with Dr. K and she has been working with me on the parasite/metal issue for awhile.

I am now doing some fairly heavy stuff for metals at the same time as anti-parasitics and I can't stress enough the importance of binders.

I am switching up binders and taking them at least four times a day, often 5-6 times a day. Hard to get all that in with good timing but I think it is really important.

Sonnes liquid bentonite, modifilan and some others. Staying away from charcoal right now as the heavy metal treatment pulls good minerals out too, and charcoal can make that a bigger issue.

Good luck everyone.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

If you find that Parastroy or humaworm is not strong enough by itself, you can add another cleanse like Hanna Kroeger Wormwood Combo to it.

I also added clove caps, digestive enzymes (Super Digestaway by Soloray) and HCL. I also take coconut oil and add garlic paste mixed together.

I make the paste just using garlic powder and it's pretty strong. Of course I also do salt/c. FYI, you can also take 3 each para rid and para sweep 2 x a day after the 3rd week.

Aloe Vera gel/juice is also exellent for inflammation and bacteria. Wheat grass juice, chlorella or chlorophtl for heavy metals. Happy healing everyone!!!

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Lala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can we buy Ivermectin, guys? It is not available in my country, so pharmacy will not do it. I need some source in Europe, otherwise I am afraid customs will confiscate it. Hard to find.
Posts: 125 | From eu | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Garden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31671

Tammy, I'll PM you this weekend with the details.

Yes, Nana, I've done rounds of heavy metal work, too. I did a lot last winter, after I'd done two rounds of the Dr K parasite protocol.

I had significant herxing from it (and I was taking a lot of chlorella - worked with two ART practioners), so I know it was an issue for me.

It's hard for me to take anything 4 times a day, though, especially if it needs to be taken away from meds. I'm the mom of two active children - who are at an age where they need to be driven to many activities, playdates, etc, and they both are in treatment for Lyme, too. Not to mention they are GF/CF. So I need to be at least partially functional.

--------------------
Garden

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement