LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Stinky B.O. Sweats, could this be yeast?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stinky B.O. Sweats, could this be yeast?
Jamers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sweat more if I eat sugar and it's awfully stinky. I'm wondering if this could be yeast. I also get a water feeling in my ears. And sugar seems to make me a little anxious.

Yeast or maybe a co-infection?

--------------------
Diagnosed Pos. Lyme Nov. 17, 2010, Igx.
Pos. Babesia Duncani March 2011, Igx.
Clinical diagnosis for Bartonella

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
How would you know that sugar makes you feel anxious?

Sorry but sugar is not allowed for those treating lyme, mostly due to the problems with systemic candida but also for other reasons.

I'm sorry that you've not yet been given Dr. Burrascano's guidelines for that states: no simple sugars.

Drop the sugar and you'll feel better. Promise.

SweetLeaf STEVIA CLEAR is my favorite sweetener.
It is NOT artificial.

Do NOT consume even a trace of any artificial sweetener, as they can cause anxiety.

What is your candida prevention / management protocol?

Probiotics?

Olive Leaf Extract>
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
See page 27.

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Advanced Topics in Lyme Disease (Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines for Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses

Dr. Burrascano's Treatment Guidelines (2008) - 37 pages

------------
As important as any supplements, sections regarding self-care:

Go to page 27 for SUPPORTIVE THERAPY & the CERTAIN ABSOLUTE RULES

and also pages 31-32 for advice on a safe, non-aerobic exercise plan and physical rehabilitation.

----------------------
This is included in Burrascano's Guidelines, but you may want to be able to refer to it separately, too:

http://www.lymepa.org/Nutritional_Supplements.pdf

�� Nutritional Supplements in Disseminated Lyme Disease ��

J.J. Burrascano, Jr., MD (2008) - Four pages

==============================

Methods to help calm anxiety are discussed here, too.

It's very important to have this book as a reference tool for self-care and support measures. It answers so many questions in detail that is impossible here on the forum.

http://tinyurl.com/6lq3pb (through Amazon)

THE LYME DISEASE SOLUTION (2008)

You can read more about it here and see customer reviews.

Web site: www.lymedoctor.com
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Other ways to help lessen anxiety:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP & ADRENAL SUPPORT

============================

http://www.mbschachter.com/importance_of_magnesium_to_human.htm

THE IMPORTANCE OF MAGNESIUM TO HUMAN NUTRITION

-by Michael B. Schachter M.D., F.A.C.A.M.

-----------------

http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Calm

Peter Gillham�s Natural Calm choices

================================

FISH OIL: search OmegaBrite
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
GREENS in your diet will help "freshen" body odor. Lots and Lots of leafy greens with every meal, even (especially) breakfast.

More water, too, perhaps.

==================================

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; & "Natural" Flavors
-

Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesiosis can cause stinky sweat. Do you have it?
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say babesia.

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler-i mostly follow an anti candida diet and take massive probiotics. I don't feel anxious until I eat sugar so I feel it contributed to my anxiety. I try to avoid sugar but obviously slip up!

Sammi- yes positive for b. Duncani. I was treated last year and these sweats came back. I was never sure what caused them because ive always had them to some degree. I'm now thinking ive relapsed [Frown]

Thanks everyone.

--------------------

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamers, I know what it's like not to be able to be perfect. Really, none of us is. We all have something so don't beat yourself up for eating some sugar, although of course we know we shouldn't eat it. This is such a hard disease to cure - no sugar, no alcohol, no smoking, no gluten, no crutches at all it seems. I was so down tonight I had a glass of wine. Stupid? Yes! But, we don't need beat up over it. We need support.
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Jlf- I hear ya! Its funny because I call lyme "the healthiest disease" because you cant have any vices. We cant enjoy anything anymore. Its miserable being sick and you cant even drink the sadness away! We eat healthier than 90% of the population and are so much sicker. I will never get used to this.

--------------------

lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...my daughter who is probably congenital (age 30 now) has a problem with this. She won tlisten to me when it comes to Lyme, but I have my lists of symptoms for each of my kids.

By far the worst is the son who has Bipolar Disorder. He's in recovery for that now, at long last, and getting his life back on track.

None of them has much extra money to pay for LLMD, with good jobs, but government related, so not getting rich and two have student loans for grad school. I'm on disability, so can't help either.

Of course I doubt daddy big bucks would spring for it, since I'm never sure where he is on my health. He repeatedly told me I was faking when we were married.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme-o
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme-o     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats interesting about the "stinky sweats". My hubby is the one with lyme. And he has complained of this for a long while. And yes, he also has babs. I will have to try the SweetLeaf STEVIA CLEAR. I follow his diet. Hopefully this will be better than other sweetners.
Posts: 305 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brucellosis ,,symptom is a weird sweat odor

In link they say like wet hay,,,Mine was different,, but not my regular BO,
Lord the thing's we talk about here

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamers, how long did you treat Babs last year? It could be that you did not treat it long enough.
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Sammi- yea it was a very short treatment by a top LLMD I no longer see. Only 4 months... Other symptoms appeared and treatment was stopped to go after other infections. Oddly, once I started treating Bartonella my babs symptoms were gone. I guess it took backseat to Bartonella. Now almost a year later I guess they are back.

--------------------

Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.health911.com/body_odor

To rid odor from clothing...pour a little Listerine on the underarm area of the clothing and then wash as usual.

Unfortunately Mitchum is the most powerful deodorant, but the chemicals in it may not be good.

Many lyme patients need more "natural" deodorants.

Bipolar...need to look very closely for a MTHFR gene defect. Remedy might be FoloPro/Rx Deplin.

Dr. Oz made the connection.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to say it also could be yeast.....that happens to me if I cheat. When I first did anti candida I did sweat all night, rashes developed everywhere.

And every once in a while I do seem to not be able to be perfect either. Just wanted to throw that in!

--------------------
Tick bite in 2006, bullseye rash, treated with 2 rounds of 2 weeks of doxy. (once in 2006, once in 2009)
Dx with chronic Lyme May 2011.
LLMD April 2012, Treating with omnicef/zith
Lots of supplements!

Posts: 640 | From Connecticut | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jamers:
We eat healthier than 90% of the population and are so much sicker. I will never get used to this.

Sometimes, I think that is why we're so sick. We're doing so many things to cleanse our bodies and it contributes to our symptoms.

The rest of the population has all that crapped stored in their muscles, tissues, and organs where it is silently causing damage.

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Thanks everyone for your insight!

Pme-interesting that happens to you too. I wouldn't be surprised if yeast is involved.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Oh, I see about the occasional sugar, then. Misunderstood that part.

--------------

What about the fabrics you wear?

I had this problem with synthetic fabrics but not natural ones. I have to have 100% cotton knit. No lycra or other synthetic at all.

At least for shirts and underwear. If wearing a shirt with any synthetic content, wearing a cotton tee underneath helps.

You also do not want any permanent press or wrinkle guard stuff in the fabric. That's not only toxic but won't breath.

Best place to get all cotton (but do read for content as some contain a bit of lycra):

LL BEAN
-

Jamers
Member # 28016

Keebler- I have been wearing tank tops since its so hot in NC. My armpits are just soaked daily and obviously stinky. Even if I let them breathe

--------------------

bv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am (was) a sugar "holic". I have avoided sugar for several years, but every now & then I fall off the wagon.

W/i 2 hours of ingesting sugar, I get anxious and get muscle cramps. I have stuck to my sugar free, low carb plan for past 7 months and do feel better.

Posts: 213 | From ohio | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find 50% alcohol is a good way to handle body sweat.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jamers:
Keebler- I have been wearing tank tops since its so hot in NC. My armpits are just soaked daily and obviously stinky. Even if I let them breathe

Someone here recommended Crystal deodorant to me, and I will never turn back. You actually wet the stone-like product and apply. It takes a minute to dry, but it's wonderful. No armpit wetness for me at all anymore!

http://www.vitacost.com/crystal-body-deodorant-stick

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Thanks for the suggestions!

--------------------

Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can also get some mint pills to take.

http://www.bodymint.com/about/faq.html

http://www.drugstore.com/body-mint-the-original-total-body-deodorant/qxp74356

I've heard the crystal product is great.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement