LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » light therapy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: light therapy
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Has anyone done light therapy? Does it break the biofilm?

Thanks

Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi MLG: I just got back from Germany and did four weeks of photon therapy. I have never been better. I am off all meds etc. It is the best I have felt since bitten. It was the absolute right decision for me. If I can help, let me know.
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm am better after photon therapy as well.

Photon therapy is a little different in that you look to regain the health of the body, not how to break down every little aspect of the bacteria. Since there is not much research on it at all, I'm sure no one really knows about whether it breaks biofilm.

I took Triphala for long time, so I can't even be sure the biofilm breaking in me was done by the photons.

I have been well for three years.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sixgoofy... my hero... good to see you here... I cannot thank you enough...
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

For the record I have taken lumbrikanase for about a year... as well as wobenzym etc due to inflammation... I don't know either if it breaks biofilms but I can tell you that there seems to be no relapse and I have never felt this good ... since getting bitten. I did not take those things while in Germany but am taking them now due to wearing out my feet because I walked so much! [Smile]
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by willbeatthis:
Sixgoofy... my hero... good to see you here... I cannot thank you enough...

[Smile] People going over to Germany and coming back well are why I stick around!

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

With the photon treatment, you must continue with it. I used it for two years at least once a month. It's important to have time off from it, but also to use it.

It took me nine months after I got back to reach remission. I used it monthly after that because I was afraid of it coming back. Finally, I lost my fear and only use it for homeopathics for things other than Lyme ... like detox, allergies, etc. Or with blood during cold/flu season or if I overdo things and get run down.

It took a full nine months for the babesia to go away once I got back. I think my own immune system was strong enough to kill it with the help of the energy from the photons. I treated with blood all those months. Blood covers the coinfections, but they can take much longer to clear than the borrelia. I'm not sure why, but that was my experience.

I totally agree about treating for parasites.

Also detox. I did colon cleanses, liver cleanses, etc.

Exercise is critical. You have to move. Think of a stagnant pond. You can't get better without thorough movement. You don't have to run a marathon or anything but you need to move. In fact, I think chronic cardio drains the adrenals and hurts more people than it helps. Strength training (I like pilates), stretching (again, pilates covers this) and walking are all good.

Sleep, stress reduction, and diet are also critical.

Photons are not stand alone. I don't think there is a silver bullet stand alone treatment for Lyme. It's way too complicated than that ... it's much for than only borrelia.

--------------------

canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are in the process of treating my son with photon using a home unit.

He has improved greatly, not 100% well, but about 60% to 80% well, depending on other stresses in his day. He has been in treatment for four months.

We are working up to do parasites soon,

The first four sessions he did at the clinic we bought our unit from sold me on it as he responded so well, going for almost non responsive to smiling and having a conversation, well until the herx hit! Still he was eager to go back and it was apparent how much it helped him.

He's not completely well yet, and we continue to work on all angles, his diet (no sweeteners, gluten...), hands on healing work from an elder, vitamin/mineral support, herbs, talk therapy and lots of prayer.

I know how hard it is to navigate this illness so I thought I'd share our experience, so far.

Good luck to you in your journey to health!

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Dear Six... God Bless you for staying around [Smile]

I am sorry Manybites you are ill again. Canadianmomma, I will pray for your sons continued healing. I like six do not feel this is a stand alone therapy.

Wishing you all continued healing and wellness...

lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Willbeatthis,
Most people that go to Germany only stay 2 weeks. I was wondering why you were there a month. Did the doctor recommend that? Maybe most people can't afford to stay that long or can't stay that l long. Maybe you were sightseeing.

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't afford Germany. I'm eyeing up the PE-1 though, as the next phase of TX for me. For now, I like my ABX. My doc is great.

But I am startign to get very interested in this form of TX.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
willbeatthis . welcome back! I'm so glad that you are feeling well, continue to treat though like Six says.
For me - going to Germany, discovering photons, starting energetic tests and energetic exercises(Reiki & ChiQong) were life changing experiences.

Me too I've stayed in Germany for 4 weeks. I guess it depends on you- if you ask Dr. W. to stay longer- he will treat you longer- that's what happened to me.
It has been 2 months since I'm back from Germany. It looks like Lyme is dormant for me, Bartonella & Mycoplasma go on and off, but test negative most of the time if I treat for it once a weak. If I skip a weak it shows-up.
Last week Babesia showed-up for the first time since Germany. I guess when other infections are going dormant-it took the stage.
I started to take A-BAB, Cryptolepsis, Noni and Rifed for it, since (what an unlucky coincidence)
I had to send my PE-1 for repairs this week!!
I'm feeling a little bit better, but it is still here.
If I remember well, Six had wrote before, that her Babesia also showed-up around 2 months after Germany trip, is it a coincidence?

Posts: 443 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi All: Thank you Anuta... wishing you continued healing...

Lymenotlite-- I stated four full weeks. I knew I was coming with a load of coinfections (bart, babs, cdiff (yikes that was a new diagnosis), chlamidia (the two different ones, EBV) and I needed the extra week. I understand finances but for me, insurance was not covering and I had 3,000.00 a month out of pocket on meds/supplements/drs appts/shots so this was still a savings. To my knowledge, most stay three weeks. It was the best investment I have made to date, I only wish I had done it much sooner. If I can assist in any way, please let me know. I was in tears last night as it is a lot to come back well and want everyone else you know with Lyme not to suffer any more. Thus, I am here for any questions or help. Private message me if I am not on the boards all the time. Blessings...

Kristen J.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristen J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MLG...there is a doc in San Diego area who does it. Dr. N.

you can contact San Diego Support group or PM me

Posts: 116 | From California | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
willbeatthis SO glad to hear you are back and it went well!!

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thank you so much Lauralyme... It is such a blessing... I am hoping you are doing well too... If I can help anyone here... I will be more than delighted... You all were a light in a dark journey and I am so thankful we have each other to encourage to wellness... Blessings....
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by lymenotlite:
Willbeatthis,
Most people that go to Germany only stay 2 weeks. I was wondering why you were there a month. Did the doctor recommend that? Maybe most people can't afford to stay that long or can't stay that l long. Maybe you were sightseeing.

Most of us originally stayed 3 weeks. I haven't heard of anyone staying only 2.

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by lymeboy:
Can't afford Germany. I'm eyeing up the PE-1 though, as the next phase of TX for me. For now, I like my ABX. My doc is great.

But I am startign to get very interested in this form of TX.

People have had good results with the PE1 as well

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by anuta:

If I remember well, Six had wrote before, that her Babesia also showed-up around 2 months after Germany trip, is it a coincidence?

I went to Italy at Christmas time after having returned from Germany Nov 1, so yes, about two months. I was treating (I think twice a week?) until Italy, so my babs came back while I was there since I was away from photons.

I drank tonic water and it helped with symptoms until I could return home and treat again.

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by willbeatthis:
I was in tears last night as it is a lot to come back well and want everyone else you know with Lyme not to suffer any more. Thus, I am here for any questions or help. Private message me if I am not on the boards all the time. Blessings...

It IS very intense having healing that quickly. I went through a lot of emotions and letting go. I wrote about it on my blog (it's my second most-read post), but I don't think I wrote about it again after my return.

I had trouble with it ... and it is hard now to think back at how sick I was. The whole thing has so many emotions tied up in it.

Then, yes, you also want to scream THIS REALLY WORKS .... but you have to wait until people are ready to hear it. [Smile]

--------------------

sickmate
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickmate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im really glad photon therapy helped some of you.

But how can it be that every physicist I ask about photons as a possible therapy only starts to laugh!? How can it help some if it cant from a scientific point of view?

Please help me to understand.

Posts: 214 | From Home | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Maybe the physicists you are asking don't understand the mechanics of the photons in the body. Direct them to the work of Fritz A. Popp, who happened to be nominated for a Nobel Prize for this work.

It actually CAN and DOES help from a scientific point of view.

Here's an article about research being done on it: http://www.cuph.org/projects/global/material/546/binary/

Do these physicists know that the US Military uses photons out in the field to help heal injured soldiers faster? Or that the FDA has approved photons for use in pain management?

--------------------

lymeboy
Unregistered

I think you might be talking to the wrong physicists. There's plenty of science on photons. The FDA hasn't figured out a way to exploit it yet, which is actually the laughable part.
sickmate
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickmate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After how many photon treatments did you feel a change?
Posts: 214 | From Home | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Four. After six I felt pretty darn good.

--------------------

faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for something my husband can use with a pacemaker. Light therapy is okay but my rife machine isn't.

Is the PE-1 light therapy only?

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caren NV
Member # 37791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caren NV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think the PE-1 would be adequate, or would you still insist on the professional one?

--------------------
Probably got Lyme in '96, just dxd w/Western Blot 6-6-12
JacktheDog and Prayers for Pets on Facebook

Posts: 46 | From NV | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by Caren NV:
Do you think the PE-1 would be adequate, or would you still insist on the professional one?

The PE1 is strong, it's different in that it has more than just the 880 nm wavelength and has different frequencies. There have been people who have gotten well with it, so yes, I think it's adequate.

The vials Dr. W uses is Germany are not allowed over here, so it would likely take longer than going to Germany would, but once you are strong enough to use blood vials, then you would be treating it harder.

--------------------

faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you rife AND use a PE-1?

--------------------
Faithful

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn�t do both at the same time. PE-1 is very strong by itself. The herx is very strong, plus it is affecting the liver big time.I�m testing for liver and lymphatic detox like never before when I was on abx.

Right now I had to send my PE-1 for repairs in the meantime my Bartonella and Babesia woke-up, so I�m using Rife to keep them at bay . Otherwise I would be scared to use the two together, it would be too much.

Anyways, as soon as I started to use photons, I test negative for all sorts of killers- herbs, abx, homeopathic, I only test positive for binders and detox- this can give you an idea how strong the PE-1 is.

Posts: 443 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by faithful777:
Can you rife AND use a PE-1?

No. Rife is more of a killing modality. No killing while using photon treatment. It's a different concept.

Plus, it would be unnecessary.

--------------------

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi all: Just touching base. I am treating this coming week with the bionic as a safety measure. I cannot believe how good I feel. This week I have felt a bit of tiredness creep in but that is all and honestly, to me this is nothing short of miraculous. Anyone I can help regarding this mode of treatment, I would be happy to. Thank you to all that have gone before me... I just turned 41 yesterday and it has been the best birthday ever honestly...
lymeboy
Unregistered

I am wondering about the cost, the probability of relapse and if it addresses coinfections.
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi Lymeboy, I stayed for a month and the last week I am relatively assured the focus was coinfections. I had a heavy load. With regard to relapse, I learned from others before me that if someone did not get better they often fell into two camps(those that treat too much and too little). Thus, I bought a bionic for home treatment. Though if I had the money, I would do everything in Germany.

I have learned with Lyme that I have saved money by going to the best doctors I could afford. In total I spent about ten thousand of my savings (could be done for less as I had to by special food - allergies-)and that is without a machine. Prior to going to Germany, I was spending right at about 3000 dollars on antibiotics/ supplements/doctors consults of which none were covered. Having relapsed often, I did not see this cycle stopping and the stress of being able to earn that amount on top of living expenses I could not do endlessly -- thus I considered this treatment. I have been on no antibiotics or herbal protocol- killing agents for two months without relapse-which before was impossible. I think the PE 1 is a good machine and that is a route you can take. If you are able to go with someone that would cut down on costs in terms of accommodations etc. I went alone. Let me know if I can answer any questions further. I am in touch with folks going over so if I can help in that department, let me know. I just want to see an end to this horrendous disease. Dr. W himself had Lyme and is in full remission ....(if you could see how hard he works you would really know and that of his amazing office.... they are angels) and that to me was another tell tale of the success of this treatment.

lymeboy
Unregistered

I have been thinking about the PE - 1. Germany seems to be where people are getting well though. I just do not have the money.

From what I understand, the TX in Germany is 10 grand, for the treatment. Then there is hotel expenses, food, and airfare. I would imagine the whole thing comes to around 18 grand for 1 person. I couldn't do it if it was 8 grand. The most I can afford is the 1200 - 1500 for the PE1 and that would be after almost a year of saving. Please tell me if my numbers are off. But that is just way too steep for me.

I am also wondering about the teeth. Does the treatment include the teeth? I am 99% positive that I have a major Bart colony in my ear canal and teeth.

canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Light therapy folks... any thoughts for me please.

I gave my son a break from his light therapy for the last month.

Before that we were treating 2/3 time per week, about 20 mins each as per instructions.

I decided to give him 2Tbs of mangosteen juice every day while not doing light therapy. 5 days ago the we ran out of mangosteen and I couldn't get more so I decided to switch back to light therapy.

He has been improving during this last month but,

Over the last three days he has had increased leg pain and weakness as well as notable brain fog.

We have treated with light therapy twice, now are on a three day break.

Any thoughts as to what might be going on to cause increased symptoms?

As always I am struggling to guess if it's herx of bacteria lode increase.

I'm thinking to increase detox strategies, I guess probably shouldn't have given the mangosteen...

Any thought much appreciated.

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

So, rife kills the bacteria, do photons heal the immune system? Or injuries, etc? I guess I am not clear on what the PE-1 does.

Any comparison to Cold Laser Light units?

--------------------
Faithful

canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Faithful,The way I understand it, photons teach the body to fight and kill pathogens, different frequencies can also be used for detox and pain.

I'm not sure how they relate to cold laser lights but when I looked them up they both seem to use infrared at 880 and 650, so probably similar ideas.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Lymeboy, no, it's not as expensive as you think. I spent less than $15k, probably closer to $13k and I bought the Bionic for $8k. The doctor bill, INCLUDING the $8000 for the Bionic was $10,000. So, the treatment was only $2000 approx.

Considering my out of pocket per year was $20,000 + for my LLMD including travel and supps, it was a bargain for me. I haven't seen the LLMD since 2008.

Faithful, photons will heal injuries, that's why our military uses them in the field. No one is certain how they work to heal Lyme. The photons do increase ATP/energy in the body, and the theory is that the increased energy allows the body to heal. The nosodes are the road map to what needs healing.

Different than cold laser. Bionic and PE1 are LED lights, not lasers.

--------------------

lymeboy
Unregistered

I imagine you can get away with not buying the 880? Can the rest be done with the PE-1?
My oop is not quite 20 grand. but if I could do Germany for under 3-4 grand I would seriously consider getting there within the next year.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Yes, many come back and use the PE1. Dr. W doesn't use the Bionic anymore, so people don't feel like they have to use it.

I don't know how pricing/exchange rate has changed since I was there four years ago .... but it is less than you are thinking, especially if you can share a rental car with another person going. I also shared an apt, but a bigger apt is the same price per person as a studio is for one.

--------------------

lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not clear on what the PE-1 costs. Could someone tell me?
Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

I think you can get a used one for like 1500 bucks. But don't quote me on that.
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

It's about $1600

--------------------

anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

$ 1600 for the base model PE-1 or $ 2500 for the PE-1A which includes frequencies generator, meaning you would be able to program any frequencies that you want to use.

The idea of second one is similar to the one that Dr. W. is using now in Germany. He tests energetically and reprograms the machine individually for his patients.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement