LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Car EMF's Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Car EMF's Help
Idesign50
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Idesign50     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get really sick when I drive my car. Someone suggested that it was the emf's the car was giving off. Does anyone know of a product that will neytralise the emf's in your car?
Posts: 246 | From Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's the sun exposure?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
My guess is because there are so many potent chemicals in the car from all the petroleum (vinyl, etc.) and foam. Off-gassing is a real problem for many.

Heat makes it worse. Any scented detailing products and those toxic air "fresheners" are worse, too. Be sure to avoid any added chemicals.

You might wipe down hard surfaces with a good product such a BIOKLEEN all purpose cleaner (citrus seed base).

Also use that BIOKLEEN product or a similar one to wash inside of windows often. Do not use windex or other product with strong chemicals.

Keep the dashboard and steering wheel covered when parked, try not to park in direct sun.

A white cotton towel or cardboard device help (if not coated with chemicals). No vinyl.

You could cover the dash when you drive, as long as the fabric you select is not distracting (will not glare) and not coated with chemicals. Many fabrics are doused in teflon, also toxic when off-gassing.

Each time you get in: beforehand open all doors and wait for a minute or two before you get in. Then, keep windows open for short time before closing up with AC.

When starting AC or heater, have windows open for a bit to help circulate out of the car that first wave of air that has been sitting in the vents.

Hope it is not a new car? It's nearly impossible to find a car that is not toxic inside. But the older the better, as long as they've not had petroleum cleaning products or scented ones.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Also be sure to keep double space between your car and the vehicle in front of you. Even with a closed AC or heater, the exhaust from cars ahead can get into your car.

Avoid diesel exhaust of others by pulling back and giving them time to get away from you.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://ciin.org/

CIIN - Chemical Injury Information Network
-

C.P.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for C.P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also get very ill in a car and from other cars and their exhaust fumes. I can no longer drive and .s a passenger, I still get very ill. My mouth begins to burn and I have a difficult time breathing. There are so many chemicals and my body can't handle all of them at once. I'd avoid driving during busy times of the day if possible. You can wear a mask too. Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome is the worst!
Best of Luck!
C.P>

Posts: 106 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It can be all of he above and if u have a newer car like Preus SP? batteries r under the seats and peeps get ill from EMF's.

He he do u know who I am??

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Good catch, Santa Cruz.

I've not driven in a long time (and rarely even get out) so forgot that some of the newer electric or hybrid cars with their BATTERIES have their own vibe, so to speak.

Their computer screen displays are also very harsh on most with any kind of sensory issues. Best to just cover that up.

Another aspect to consider, if you have any vestibular issues is that all the sensory demands of driving can be very taxing.

Note that nearly all symptoms listed here are also symptoms that go along with lyme and other TBD &/or chronic stealth infection and adrenal exhaustion:

http://www.vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorder/symptoms

Vestibular Symptoms
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man. I never thought about the battery driven cars. Remind me to not ever buy one!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
But they are SO VERY QUIET. And I would love less crap in my city's air. In summer, with nearly no wind or rain, the air is like soup.

I had hoped that if I am ever able to drive again, I would LOVE those benefits. I just didn't think about all characteristics of the battery, though.

I wonder if any of the models have considered the EMF aspects and, perhaps, taken measures to counter?
-

tickled1
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your car could be moldy.
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Ahhh! And this is why I love LymeNet. With so much to consider with every question that pops up, no one can think of everything.

Yes, of course, mold can really clobber driver and passenger alike. Important to consider.

IF you happen to have a used car, be sure to research its past whereabouts. Sometimes, cars from floods are resold in other parts of the country with their history "washed clean."
-

gagamooppop
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gagamooppop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have much difficulty being in the car and it took me a while to figure out why I always felt TERRIBLE when I'd leave my house to go in the car...emfs!

(haven't driven in a year now, but that's b/c I am also very sensitive to motion...still working on it!)

Not sure if it works or not but I like the idea behind it...

http://www.happytherapie.com/product.php?id_product=10

A little expensive and again not sure if its placebo effect or actually works but its been helping me handle car rides a little bit better...

The above link is more for the potential mold aspect...im sure there are tons of links on here for the benefits of propolis which is the main component of the above link

Not sure how to block emfs in the car...

[ 08-21-2012, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: gagamooppop ]

Posts: 183 | From ... | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.emfblues.com/Car-Radiation-Hybrid-EMF-Car-EMF.html

People still retaining toxic metals anywhere in their body are much more affected by EMF of any kind, because they are actually becoming an antenna, even though the whole Lyme and infection is long gone.

It may feel like the worst days of Lyme, but don't misinterpret it --- because it will not go away unless you start addressing the metals. It's torture - to put it mildly -- I have been there. Most Klinghardt therapists are now on the alert that since the EMF exposure has increased by huge amounts, the patients have to go an a serious metal detox program if they want to live in this world. There is no way around it.

Microwaves penetrate anything -- air -- any building - stone - wood -glass - fabrics -- and are cumulative which means the more we are exposed, the worse we feel. Been there. Believe me!

Foil and silver fabrics -- picture EMF as darts flying at you and bouncing off to the side/above, etc.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes it is just motion sickness, too...which is a Lyme symptom...

I don't get vomiting from being in the car - I get weak, drained, exhausted, headachy & queasy. I get these same symptoms if I go on an amusement ride, watch a movie with a boat bobbing up & down on the water, go on a boat, ride in a wheelchair, or enter a room with an air ionizer.

For me, I find car exhaust also bothers me a lot, but it bothers me much less when I am taking adequate Vitamin B12 & Molybdenum (these two nutrients help the body detox chemicals).

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, could be a lot of things, you've got a good list above on the possibilities. One other thought to consider is Sirius Radio--I don't know the details on it, but had a trial version on a new car a while back, and did much worse when I had that (coincidence or not). I'm not sure this if this is an issue, satellite TV, the receiver just takes the signal, doesn't send anything out.

If it is EMF's, I have sometimes received benefit from GiaWellness pendant and also EarthCalm pendant. I found the EarthCalm pendant more useful for me. I don't use them anymore, as I am better without them than with them. If you're really poor off from EMF's, I think these things can help, but in the end reducing exposure is something that will serve one well longer-term, and of course treating the infections and detoxing...

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought to ask you if it was a hybrid, given my own experience. In 2006, I made the mistake of buying a hybrid Lexus, as they didn't have the non-hybrid model I wanted in the color I wanted in stock. On the test drive, which was local, I was fine.

But once I got on the highway to drive it home and hit 45MPH, I got the oddest sensation up my foot and into my brain and the dizzies hit beyond belief. I puttered down the next 30 miles home and was in tears by the time I got there. I called the dealer, told them the EMF's made me sick, and thankfully they gave me a non-hybrid loaner until they got the car I wanted in stock.

I called my LLMD, to see if this made sense, and she confirmed for me it was no question the EMF's. At that point, I had been off abx for over a year, but was still a toxic mess. I was ok with the off-gassing and kept the windows open to air it constantly.

Something to think about if car shopping in the future.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't take even sitting in a car shortly after I got bit. Also, parking garages--I still can't tolerate them (the car exhaust fumes make me herx).

Have you changed the inside air filter lately? They can get fairly dirty, especially if you live in a humid area (mold?). You may be able to find an after market filter that is better quality.

If that doesn't work, then you can always look into getting new air vents (tubes) that go into your car, or ask a mechanic to clean the existing ones.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement