LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Sharp stinging sensation...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sharp stinging sensation...
BuffyFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffyFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when I touch the top of my lip..same place both sides! Anyone else have this? at one point it was so painful brought tears to my eys. [Frown]

it's right where my lipline meets the skin. could it be lyme? a co infection?

Posts: 287 | From somewhere | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
That's certainly a symptom that has caused a lot of pain for me. If I scratch or bump it my accident, it takes a full five minutes until I can breathe again (or so it seems - I just don't have words for the pain).

I have no idea for, as painful as it is, it's not something I've been able to sort out, with all else considered. But I also have a lot of mouth pain, burning, ulcers, etc. I have put in much effort on that issue and that seems to help the lips a bit.

You might try the web for some detail. If you have mouth pain, too, it might possible be related to a kind of herpes virus, I wonder for myself? I do have HHV-6.

Regardless, for me, I have to avoid acidic foods. No lemon water, no tomatoes, etc.

The best lip balm I've found is:

Badger Cocoa Butter Lip balm, vanilla bean or pomegranate. I've tried at least 25 other brands before that helped settle down the inflammation.

Be sure you have enough good antioxidants in your diet . . . and be sure your vitamins are all up to speed (mine have gone sorely missing). A B-vitamin deficiency could be connected (or other?).

If you take powdered vitamin C, be careful about the crystals touching your lips.

Forgot to mention but best to avoid lip sticks or any balms with petroleum products or dyes.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BuffyFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffyFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you! I don't have any mouth sores or ulcers..I"ve only had a cold sore once in my life on my chin and on the bottom lip

no mouth pain, just the stinging on my lip when that particular area gets touched

I will check out the lip balm! did you buy it at a store or online?

I haven't been taking any vitamins lately ,guess I will have to start again.

Posts: 287 | From somewhere | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Vitacost.com - but just web search the name.

I have not found out yet if it's gluten free. That needs to be done but I just first wanted to find one that would work.

Do you use a tooth whitening product? If so, that could be the connection.

Your toothpaste could be the culprit, too. Be sure to use a "safe" one.

Same with anything you put on your face - or your laundry detergent used on your pillow case, etc.

I'm curious if the quick of your fingernails are also as sensitive as the outer lip? If I bump the base of my nail, that's a similar "just shot right to the moon" level of discomfort.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement