LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Steve has passed on -- 10/10 Update in first post (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Steve has passed on -- 10/10 Update in first post
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 3 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to post that Steve Seibert died around 1:15 this afternoon. He put up a good fight but the lung damage was just too extensive. The end came very suddenly.

Will post funeral details when have more info.

Bea Seibert

Update: 10/10/12

Visitation will be from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. Saturday
Roach Funeral Home
708 Braxton St
Gassaway, WV 26624
www.roachfuneralhome.com
Ph: 304-364-2231
Obituary will be online in a couple of days and I think online condolences can be posted there.

Funeral service Sunday at 2:00 p.m. with potluck meal afterward provided by church members

Rosedale Baptist Church
7457 Rosedale Rd
Rosedale, WV 26636

The church we were married in 20 years ago on September 12 -- our wedding anniversary was the day Steve was transported by helicopter to Roanoke Memorial Hospital.

Burial at Bourn Family Cemetary in Rosedale, WV --
located on Bea's parents farm

Will post details soon of where memorial contributions can be made.

Cards can be sent to:

Bea Seibert
1506 Mulberry Rd, Apt 12,
Martinsville, VA 24112

[ 10-10-2012, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: seibertneurolyme ]

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Bea, I am sooo very sorry.

You have my very deepest sympathy dear friend.

May God fill you with His love and peace, knowing that you did far more than anyone could have ever expected, to help Steve.

You are what a devoted wife should be and a picture of Christ's love.

I wish I could take away your pain and sadness.

Steve is with Our Heavenly Father and is perfect again and encompassed by unending love.

I am praying for you, Bea, and will continue to do so.

You are so brave and strong and I really admire all that you have done for Steve.

Be proud of the wonderful wife that you have been to Steve.

Big hugs and praying for you....

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG Bea, I am so very sorry. Please accept my condolences.

I wish there was some way I could help.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so very sorry to hear this....breaks my heart.

You did everything you could and beyond. It's obvious how much you loved Steve. He was a lucky man to have you in his life!

I will continue to pray for you.

May Steve rest peacefully in the arms of God.

Deepest sympathy,
Jen

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

Bea,

I am so sorry. You have fought harder than any wife could ever fight for her husband. I pray that God will comfort you and give you strength.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Told you I was sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

I am so sorry to learn of Steve's passing.

Please know that our thoughts are with you.

Trust that you are never alone...

With a heavy heart,
Lymebulldog

Posts: 315 | From Negative (-) to positive (+) | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spindleshanks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers and hugs. I am so sorry for your loss Bea.
Posts: 253 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fourwinds
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fourwinds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, I have been following this silently in the background and praying for you both....

I am so sorry for your loss...

You are a strong and courageous woman.

Posts: 396 | From EAPennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WendyK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WendyK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry for your loss. Your efforts and the support you gave were amazing, Steve was a lucky man. Although it doesn't lessen the pain, all you have both had to go through has not been in vain and will help many others in the future, I'm sure.

--------------------
Wendy

Posts: 253 | From Near Albany, NY | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry for your loss. May your memories of good times sustain you through this difficult time
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dearest Bea,

I am so sad to hear of Steve's passing. Even though, I suppose, it should not be a surprise to us, it still feels like a shock. For all of your knowledge and dedication, and all you have done, it was our sincerest wish that things would have turned out differently.

I am so very sorry for your loss. It's a loss we all feel.

Sending warm wishes that God remains close to you and helps you find some measure of peace and comfort in the days ahead.

Wish deepest condolences,
Tammy

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FuzzySlippers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzySlippers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are no words . . . .

Bea, I am so sorry. We are here for you, dearheart.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

May the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you.

May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

We love you Bea. And we loved Steve too.

Fuzzy

Posts: 503 | From Maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You were a dear and faithful wife. May God be with you and give you His peace as you go thru this time of great sorrow.

You did above and beyond as you cared for him.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear this. Thinking of you during this difficult time.
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG... Bea, I'm so sorry to hear this :(

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so very sorry to hear this, Bea.

Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Take care and God bless.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry for you both. I have admired how hard you tried to get him well.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry for your loss.
My condolences to you and your family.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeGoAway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeGoAway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

I'm so very sorry. I know there are no words that can take away your pain, but please know that you're in my prayers.

Posts: 227 | From Northeast | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debilyn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for debilyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My family is so sorry for your loss. God bless you and comfort you.
Posts: 331 | From West Coast | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SewGraced
Member # 36986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SewGraced     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry for your loss! May God comfort you during this difficult time.
Posts: 16 | From Southern California | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My condolences to you. I will always admire you for all you did. I'm so very sorry.
Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatriotM
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatriotM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very sorry. I will continue to pray for you Bea.
Posts: 177 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so sorry

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so very sorry. You fought such a hard fight. I am so amazed by you and am so sorry for your loss. You will remain in my prayers.

--------------------
Tick bite in 2006, bullseye rash, treated with 2 rounds of 2 weeks of doxy. (once in 2006, once in 2009)
Dx with chronic Lyme May 2011.
LLMD April 2012, Treating with omnicef/zith
Lots of supplements!

Posts: 640 | From Connecticut | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My deepest sympathy for you Bea...what a mighty wife you have been all along...you fought the good fight. You also are a blessing to our Lyme community sharing your knowledge willing and tirelessly.

I will ask the Lord to wrap His arms around you now.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Dear Bea,

I have always marveled at your academic endeavors in trying to figure all this out -- but more so at your steadfastness with the nitty gritty day to day hurdles. Love seems the driving force and that love will live on in your heart.

Steve was indubitably blessed to have you as a true partner on the path you both shared. In this time of transition, I hope you feel that light of love within and around you. Take good care of yourself, now. I hope you will be able to rest well with the crisp autumn air helping to make your steps lighter.
-

[ 10-09-2012, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
An Old Irish Blessing

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.

And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickssuck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickssuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Bea,

I have followed your posts. I am so very sorry for your loss. You are such a huge asset to the Lyme community and Steve was so fortunate to have your love, support and knowledge.

RIP Steve and peace be with you Bea.

With Sympathy.
TS

Posts: 566 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Bea,

You and Steve have both been an inspiration to all of us here, and I can't help but think of how blessed you were to have found each other.

His death is so sad, but I imagine him now--free of all these horrible diseases.

My thoughts, prayers and wish for peace continue to be with you, Bea.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LSG Scott
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSG Scott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea I'm sorry for your loss and i pray for you to find some comfort during this horrible time God bless you

Scott

--------------------
LSG Scott

Posts: 513 | From Boston, Cape Cod, Mass | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry, Bea -

You have been sooooooooooo supportive of him throughout these years! You worked so hard to save him - you did the best you could.

We are here for you -

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bea,

i am so sorry. thru this whole thing i have been in awe of your courage and energy and love.

while you took care of steve, you taught us all.

i hope you will be able to rest and find peace soon. prayers.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curious and suspicious
Member # 39167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curious and suspicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone I did not know died today.

Someone I know only through emails and phone conversations lost a loved one today.

The first fought a courageous battle against inadequately-defined illnesses until his body needed to rest.

The second supported the first (and me and you) by asking that medical personnel try harder and not give up.

The first has found peace.

The second has yet to find peace.

These two people helped a world-wide community.

We each need to support the members of the world-wide community which we belong to by default and not by choice.

We need to ask more of the medical personnel that we deal with so that others who follow in the footsteps of Steve and Bea will have the burden of physical illness, complicated by lack of knowledge and resistance to change of protocol, lessened.

We need to pick up Steve's banner, walk with Bea in compassion and friendship, and continue researching tick-borne illnesses.

Bea, I admire your strength and may your strength keep you safe.

Posts: 1 | From Houston | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are no words to express the sorrow that I feel for you.

You have been a shining example to us, showing us what it means to truly love someone and and care so deeply.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life+Lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life+Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so very sorry to hear this. Continuing to pray for you and your family.

--------------------
You name it, I've got it.
Full-time medical anomaly.

Posts: 432 | From Southeast | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curious, that is a very touching first post you've made - thank you for reminding us all about our continued work forward.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme-o
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme-o     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So very, very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your in my prayers.
Posts: 305 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy2
Member # 95

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea...........There are no words to express how sorry I am. Please know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of us all....
Sincerely,
Nancy

Posts: 1487 | From New England | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Bea,I'm so very sorry for your loss.
You were very courageous trough all this very difficult time!!! Thank you!!!!
God bless you and your family.

Posts: 443 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, I am so so sorry.
You have been such a fighter, an exemplary spouse, showing unbelievable love and courage in the face of this illness that none of us will forget.

I will keep you in my prayers, and wish you much love and light as you navigate this painful time.

I'm very sad for you, and glad you have family with you for support. Love is forged and defined in times of hardship, and you have shown your true devotion and love here. There are tears in my eyes for you, but I hope you know there was nothing more you could have possibly done to fight for Steve.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, I am so sorry for your loss. I know you have done everything possible to help your husband. These diseases are Hell.

I am not on often anymore but I remember your help and encouragement over the years. You have always been very helpful to this board.

May you find some peace. hugs. lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry for your loss. You were amazing and steadfast in your care for him. I am sure he felt your love and devotion.

Hugs.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, I'm so sorry.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, over the years, I have followed Steve's and yes, your progression. I never saw two people so informed and courageous.

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you.

Elaine

Posts: 671 | From Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disheartened
Member # 8287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Disheartened     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,
I'm so very sorry about Steve. You both have been in my prayers.
God bless you.
Debbie

Posts: 39 | From NJ | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry for your loss. He undoubtedly had the most supportive, loving wife a man could ever have, who stood by him thick and thin. There are no words that truly convey our sorrow at his passing.

Please know that we are all here for you, and will keep you in your prayers.

Please find a way to remember him, share the good times, and he will always be with you.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry. I know you lost your best friend. I hope memories from the good times you had together bring you comfort.
Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry for your loss Bea.

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, I am so very sorry to hear that Steve has passed on.

Today I went to the grocery store. After I parked, I looked at the clock and it was 3pm. A strange feeling came over me and the phrase "he is no longer with us" popped into my head. I immediately checked Lymenet on my phone but I didn't see any news that he had passed, so I was relieved.

Then of course, to check in after 4pm and see this terrible news was so sad for me and everyone else here, and of course, most especially you.

Bea, I applaud you. You have stopped at nothing to get Steve well. You have researched and documented his journey so thoroughly and completely.

You have done so much over and above what most people could ever imagine. I believe that because of you, Steve lived a longer and better life.

You have been a faithful, loving and dedicated spouse. Your strength and perseverance in the face of awful odds has been unwavering and amazing to so many.

You are a blessing to so many and a beacon of light in the darkness that is this awful disease.

I pray that God gives you the strength to get through the tough days and months that lie ahead. I hope that you find comfort in the words that everyone here has posted.

God Bless you, Bea. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Keebler posted one of my favorites - An Old Irish Blessing - and I'd like to repeat it:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.

And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NEMOM
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEMOM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea-I have been amazed by your courage and strength. So sorry for your loss. I will continue to pray for you.
Posts: 131 | From Nebraska | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, my heart breaks for you. I am so very sorry.

I continue to pray for you and your loved ones.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so so sorry Bea. I how you find some comfort that Steve can now rest in peace. I am keeping you in my thoughts in this sad difficult time.
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, You are continually in my prayers. May you feel the Lord's love and strength. Hugs.

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rera2528
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rera2528     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending you love.
Posts: 447 | From Vermont | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FuzzySlippers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzySlippers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Bea:

All mankind is one volume.

When one man dies, a chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language. And every chapter must be translated.

God employs several translators; some pieces are translated by age, some by sickness, some by war, some by justice.

But God's hand shall bind up all our scattered leaves again for that library where every book shall live open to one another.

John Donne (1572 - 1631)

Posts: 503 | From Maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoops123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoops123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea

So sorry for your loss. Will pray for you in this difficult time.

Posts: 749 | From State full of ticks | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea

I am so sorry for your loss. The strength and courage you have shown through all of this is inspiring. I will continue to pray for you.

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, I am so sorry. You both fought a long and brave fight. True Lyme Warriors!

This is for you. You were Steve's all-nourishing Sun:

�And still, after all this time,
the Sun has never said to the Earth,
"You owe me."
Look what happens with love like that.
It lights up the sky.�
- Rumi

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, I am so sorry to hear this. May God hold you in His arms and comfort you.

We all know that YOU DID EVERYTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE to help Steve. Do not ever forget that!!!

I am speechless and I'm sorry I can't say beautiful things like so many here have done. Just know and forever remember that YOU and STEVE are greatly loved by everyone here.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry for your loss. You are such a strong woman the way you fought for your husband through out the years. May Steve finally rest in peace. Praying for both of you.
Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
From: BettyG asks to share here, her post from over at mdjunction:
--------------------------------------------------

thank you to the 5,811 people at www.mdjunction.com lyme board, who have read this thread from when i first posted it 10 days ago.

your PRAYERS sent to this unknown person to you helped him last this long. you gave support to his wife, bea, who fought the hospital ALONE since no family members lived close by.

bea is the most courageous woman who REFUSED to do less for her spouse, the babs patient, then she possibly could.

if our LYME/VECTOR-BORNE BILL gets before the FULL committees on senate/house, i'd love to see BEA SIEBERT be one to testify on behalf of all of us for what they went thru!

she's a gifted writer; both she/steve were accountants; so i see the detail to specifics in all her posts.

please send prayers to BEA now as she grieves the loss of her beloved husband, steve siebert.

thank you all. this could have been any one of us; doesn't it feel good that total strangers reached out to help them both thru the stress, LONELINESS of handling this alone, etc.

god bless you all, hugs/prayers,

bettyg, iowa friend of theirs 8 yrs.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Now, for BettyG's personal note:

Bea, my heart goes out to you for losing the love of your life, steve. you 2 were such a special pair together; you lived FOR EACH OTHER!

you fought more battles for steve trying to get what he DESERVED to be done on testings and paved the way for more lyme/vector-borne patients/families to get the needed care and RESPECT they so deserved.

please let us know [contact details] so we may send you cards [and MEMORIAL GIFTS to use as you might need].

you'll always be a part of this community; i know you have lots more to share as you heal the pain and sorrow of steve's passing.

may god walk beside you now as he has with you and steve during these final weeks and years prior.

when you are missing steve, put on a video of him hearing his voice/laughter and watching gestures and mannerisms.

BUT make copies of the ORIGINALS first since they'll get worn out fast.

keep in touch bea; i'm so proud to have gotten to know you both thru your writings these last 8 yrs. of your battle together.

i'm proud to be a friend to you both.

hugs/prayers forever,

BettyG, iowa lyme activist friend.
-

blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, I'm so sorry. Nothing can be said to comfort you right now. Just know that God is holding Steve and he is not suffering anymore.

You are an amazingly strong women and I thank you. I hope that your and Steve's struggle will cast a bright light on Lyme.

Hugs and prayers for you.

Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So So sorry for your loss. Keeping you in my prayers.
Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,
Sending heartfelt condolences.
You are an amazing and courageous woman, a loyal wife and friend. Gentle hugs to you.
May Steve find peace now.

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My deepest, deepest sympathy, Bea Seibert. And my even deeper respect for you, your perseverance and your obvious commitment to the phrase " for better and for worse, in sickness and in health"

Goodbye to Superman, The Lone Ranger- Steve Seibert.

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Bea,

I am so, so sorry. You and Steve have been in my thoughts and prayers, and will continue to be.

Thinking of you...

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickofsick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickofsick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

So sorry to learn of Steve's passing. You are a great example of devotion to the end, I'm sure all your efforts on Steve's behalf will have some influence on the battle we all fight.

Peace and comfort to you.

Posts: 312 | From Utah | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord knowns you tried your hardest. You gave it everything you had to beat this for Steve.

I'm so sorry. We've all lost a little piece of ourselves today. It hurts. This should not be our world.

Peace be with you my dear.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Messa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Messa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry. Praying that god fills you with his love and peace.
Posts: 415 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

You and Steve touched many hearts, some you have not even met.

Wanted you to know that there were more doctors and researchers who were trying to figure out what was in thos video clips than we knew!

lax mom sent your clips and situtation through her network where more researchers were trying to figure out what was in Steve blood.

Thoughts are with you Bea.

Posts: 124 | From Maryland, USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, so sorry for your loss.

Hugs and God Bless.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so very sorry.
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement