LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Steve has passed on -- 10/10 Update in first post (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Steve has passed on -- 10/10 Update in first post
shazdancer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Bea, My deepest sympathies to you and your family. And my deepest admiration for the bond between the two of you, and your strength to fight against disease and doctors and dogma. May you and your family continue to find strength in one another.

Sharon

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So very sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your families.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,
I am so sorry for your loss. You fought so hard for him. You are in my thoughts. This is just tragic!

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hammer
Member # 17201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hammer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, my heart is so broken for you. My prayers are with you! You have been such an amazing wife to Steve and an inspiration to us all!
Posts: 69 | From Birmingham, AL 35242 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Bea,

Words fail me except to say how deeply sorry I am for your loss.

Every blessing of each moment to you and your family.

--------------------
Healing Smiles.....lightfoot [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are a true warrior,God has a place for you. Blessings!
Posts: 342 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Bea,

I'm touched by your loss.

Thank you so much for being there for Steve.

Your personal search has helped us all here. Not much consolation, but we recognize that you acted for more than your own family's survival, although that was uppermost, as it should be.

Love,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Bea, I was so very sad for you both when I read your news this morning and send you my most sincere sympathy for your loss.

I have always been very impressed by your dedication to the task of supporting Steve and indeed to sharing information to help others with this awful illness. All the very best to you at this most difficult time,

Carry

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obituary
http://obituaries.expressionstributes.com/?o=99b4261396

Dear Bea ~

I am truly sorry to learn that Steve was taken home.

I know that each of us who has found this news, has felt the weight of your grieving heart.

Your devotion to Steve, and your dedication to help him, has been an inspiration to all of us.

By your loving works, we know that you are faithful. We encourage you, dear Sister, to lean on that faith in the coming days.

May the peace that passes all understanding, lift your sorrowing spirit.

John, Chapter 14.

"Let not your heart be troubled ...
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

Hymn: "How Great Thou Art"

O Lord my God,

When I in awesome wonder

Consider all

The world Thy Hand hath made,

I see the stars,

I hear the rolling thunder,

Thy pow'r throughout

The universe displayed;

Refrain:

Then sings my soul,

My Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou art!

How great Thou art!

Then sings my soul,

My Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou art!

How great Thou art!

When Christ shall come,

With shouts of acclamation,

And take me home,

What joy shall fill my heart!

Then I shall bow

In humble adoration

And there proclaim,

"My God, how great Thou art!"

Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry Bea. You were an excellent caretaker for Steve.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,
I am soooo deeply sorry about your dear husband. The two of you fought gallantly and you are the epitome of an example for all of us to follow. So sad for you!

Peace and love be with you!!

Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bea,

i am so sorry to read this. you and steve have been an inspiration to me since i first joined this board so long ago. your love is among the most steadfast i've seen. thank you for your heart, your commitment, the unrivaled devotion you showed steve. i am deeply sorry for the loss of your life love.

<3

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, my deepest condolences to you and your family. You are such an inspiration to all of us here. Your love and devotion to Steve has touched us all.
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In reading the obituary from the funeral home I learned that Steve and my daughter attended the same college. Such a small world. You are still in my thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, I am so very sorry for your loss. I have been amazed at the commitment and support you gave your husband. May God be with you during you time of grief.
Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, I'm so deeply sorry for the loss of your beloved Steve. I think this loss has hit everyone on Lymenet particularly hard...because in a way, we felt like he was "our" Steve. I've followed Steve's progress over the years as you fought tirelessly and valiantly for his health and well being, and in your own way, by doing so, you were fighting for all of us too.

We should all be so lucky to have such a martyr in our lives, as you were in your husbands. You're deep love and devotion for him touched us all and you're a shining example of what a devoted spouse should look like. How blessed Steve was to have you in his life, and you to have Steve in yours. Nothing can take that away from you.

May God hold you tightly in His arms as you go through this difficult time and may you find extraordinary comfort in the fact that Steve is now with Him for all eternity, free from the chains of illness that held him for so long.

We love you Bea,
Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymegal23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am soo sorry for what has happened.

I have read Bea's posts since I signed up on this forum back in 2010

I'm a bit confused as to what exactly caused his death. Was he undiagnosed for so long with lyme and coinfections that it caused irreversible damage to him? and thats what he died of. How long did he have lyme. did he have any other health problems before the lyme?

I'm just curious because I never really knew the full story

Bea was an amazing example of loving unconditionally and being there for your partner during their darkest hours.

May god, family, friends and loved ones surround you at this time Bea.

Posts: 995 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAXlover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAXlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

I am so very sorry for your loss. You worked so very hard. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

-LAXlover

--------------------
LAXlover

Posts: 371 | From Northern Baltimore Area | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've followed your posts over the years and have rooted for both of you. Steve was lucky to have had you by his side throughout all of this, helping him, advocating for him, loving him. Most importantly, sticking by him through a raw, terrible, unfair deal.

Again, my condolences.

Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

I am so terribly sorry and sad. I am not on Lymenet as often as I used to be (but still sick), but as others have said, you are the epitome of a warrior, a loving spouse, the angel who God must have personally chosen to help Steve through this battle.

You are in my prayers.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, I'm so terribly sorry for your loss and you have been and will be in my thoughts and prayers. You have been such an inspiration to me and probably many others as well, and I hope you will continue to be part of the Lymenet family.

I apologize if this is a duplicate post - I tried to post a while back but I don't think it went through.

When you get a chance and feel up to it, please let us know how you are doing.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YinYang
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YinYang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us here. We are so blessed to "know" you. I am deeply sorry for your loss and so touched by your dedication and commitment to Steve. May every day that goes by heal your heart without closing the door on your past. Much love to you.

XOXO

Posts: 274 | From United States | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just sending a hug out to you Bea. The activity must be dying down now, just know you and Steve have touched all of us. And we are thinking of you still.
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riverspirit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riverspirit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dearest Bea,

Just tried to send a private message, but your mailbox is full.

Such an outpouring of loving kindness here ~

I trust you can receive this love and feel yourself to be held.

May you feel the preciousness of each moment, however it is experienced ~

Blessings and deep peace to you ~ always grateful for your presence Here ~

You are in my heart ~

Posts: 164 | From North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea. Thinking of you this holiday. As the shock of the loss starts to give way to full loss and pain, know that you are continually in our thoughts and prayers.

You loved him with great, selfless love. It's okay to really take care of yourself. It's okay to be a bit selfish and accept the love of others, or make time for yourself just to let go. There are no rules in grief. It just is.

I hope someone comes up alongside you and gives you the comfort only God can give.

You have been a blessing to us.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea-

I just now read about Steve's passing. I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Along with so many here, I've always been deeply touched and awed by the tenacity and love you always demonstrated in your terribly long, emotionally difficult, endlessly frustrating battle to get competent medical treatment for your husband.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow on Thanksgiving, and through this year's holidays that will no doubt be very painful for you. Part of my thank- you's tomorrow will be that people like you exist, and that you've graced us by your loving example for so long.

Hugs to you- love, Dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think of you Bea. A big fat hug and a squeeze!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the best to you this Thanksgiving, Bea! XXOO

--------------------
For medical advice related to Lyme disease, please see an ILADS physician.

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Bea, I wanted to let you know that I'll be thinking of you this Thanksgiving as well.

We are so blessed to have your continued presence and assistance here on Lymenet.

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Bea, I just read this. I am so sorry. Your hubby has been a "regular" on this board, and my heart goes out to you. God bless you.
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement