LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bartonella foot pain/sore soles?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bartonella foot pain/sore soles?
happydaychick
Member # 37799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happydaychick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!

I am wondering what kind of foot pain is caused by Bart? My foot issues started out as plantar fasciitis 2 years ago (got it from running)...

I've tried PT, many forms of treatment, including shockwave therapy (ESWT) and a cortisone shot, nothing seems to work for very long.

I was just diagnosed with Lyme, Bart, etc. Now I think the soles of my feet are not healing due to bart? The pain is a dull ache across my heals and arch... sometimes I feel the pain at the attachment point for the plantar fascia as well.

I have another appt with my podiatrist Monday morning.... so I am wondering what is typical for foot pain/sore soles from Bart?

Thanks for your input!!

Posts: 80 | From New England | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, this is classic Bart.

Vitamin B12 may help with the pain at the point of attachment.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my experience, only toxic metals (gravity!) caused this problem. You may want to check into that aspect. I used to have a very real problem with Bartonella. Bartonella was long gone, while the metal toxicity persisted.

Take good care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi,

So if one has foot pain relieved by Nettle Leaf and exercise, would metals still be the issue and not toxins from Bartonella??

Just curious,

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happydaychick
Member # 37799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happydaychick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info about B12... I started that 2 weeks ago, so maybe that will help. I was tested for heavy metals and thankfully, the results were all negative.
Posts: 80 | From New England | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Razzle, If the metals were removed from the body (not an easy task!), they may not be the issue.
That is something only ART testing or similar can answer over a period of time. Metals do not move quickly. And Bartonella is a tough infection.
Exercuse helps, but it only mobilizes, and the rest is up to the body. Metals take a lot of patience.

happydaychick, depending on which type of heavy metal testing you did, that may be a good answer for you. As a rule, the toxic metal testing we have available today is inconclusive just as testing is is for Lyme and infections. Permanent freedom from meuro symptoms will tell. Often the body is not able to release metals and usually Lyme and toxic metals go hand in hand. I have never seen it any other way. Only few doctors are knowledgable on this subject. www.klinghardtacademy.com has a lot of info on the subject.

A hair test and a healthy mineral balance tells a lot whether metals are a problem. Hopefully you have no and never had any metal in your mouth.
Energetic testing will eventually show them, but not all the time.

I hope you get a clear answer. so that metal toxicity does not hold you back as it did me and many others. We keep thinking Lyme while actually that is not a big problem any longer.

Best to all.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marypart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marypart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doxy and then Ceftin got rid of mine. My brother's disappeared after a 5 day herx on Omnicef.

--------------------
Son, 26, Dx Lyme 4/10, Babs 8/10
Had serious arthritis, all gone.
Currently on Valtrex
Daughter, 26,bullseye 7/11
arthritis in knees, cured and off all meds. .
Self:Lyme, bart, sxs gone, no longer treating.

Posts: 496 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else's bart symptoms increased in the past few days? A full moon is coming up and my bart symptoms are coming back.

I think I may have a bart like organisim that just might be a parasite. This has happened to me before between the new moon and full moon (going to try more anti parasitics tonight).

[ 10-26-2012, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Catgirl ]

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janice victorov
Member # 22937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janice victorov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed the same. It never happened til now. Any thoughts from others would b great.

--------------------
jkv44

Posts: 1247 | From virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband's severe foot pain is nearly all gone, Mepron did the trick within a month or so.

My foot pain is mostly gone, too, although there is still numbness. There was a time when I could not stand to have my feet touched, could not wear shoes. Pins and needles pain was horrible. Walking in the morning was nearly impossible.

Neither of us has any more metal fillings. It really does seem that the abx will eventually fix it. Hope you have good luck, too.

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doctor said it's all anecdotal evidence and there's nothing to suggest it's Bartonella. It was one of those things I always read on forums but she really stressed it's dangerous to think you have something based on such a common symptom. I tend to agree with her.
Posts: 105 | From east | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My feet pain responds to rife bartonella freq. no doubt in my mind that it is bart related.
Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement