LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » cyrptolepis- big set back

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cyrptolepis- big set back
mbdq
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbdq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was seeing some improvement the last month or so when I went back and treated babesia, so I added some cryptolepis last week.

I had tried it before and did not seem to herx badly, and this time I jumped right in and did 20 drops 2x in a 24 hr period.

Gave myself a bad migraine, some night sweats, flared my joint pain and now just been feeling migrainey and lousy since.

Never expected the herx to last this long and set me back so much. 2-3 days yes, 5-7? no. I have not tried it again. Been focusing on detox.

Still taking my ceftin, mepron, zith and diflucan as needed. Maybe the combo of mepron/zith/crepto put me over the edge.

Last year when I tried cryto, I was not on other babs meds.

Any thoughts?

Anyone else have big setbacks from cryptolepis starting too fast?

Thanks!

Posts: 233 | From Hudson Valley | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't seem to get up to needed dose

just feel more rotten on rotten
but I take so much STUFF that I'm not sure

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm supposed to be taking this. My dose was prescribed as 5 drops/2x a day.
Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like it was too much for you (the combo), and brought on a major herx. Try going slowly (just a few drops 2x a day) once you're feeling better.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took hepapro ART 2 and have feeling really bad for 4 days now. Didn't realize it was 2x as strong as his regular ART.
Think with these supps you have to go slow

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbdq
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbdq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everybody. I am shocked at the herx I am experiencing. Especially 3 years into heavy treatment! Geez!!

Shooting nerve pain, ears ringing louder than ever, ear pain, jumping legs, burning head pain, migraines, sore throat, etc.

To the point where I am questioning, did someone mess up the dose of my mepron at the pharmacy? Did I fill my pill box wrong this week?

Going to do some coffee enemas and tons of lemon water and see if I can get ahead of it.

Posts: 233 | From Hudson Valley | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could never get past 1ml, 2x/day. I felt horrible on it...it seems like it brought out the Babs symptoms in me.

My husband can take 5ml's, 3x/day no problem.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just don't get why I am able to take many different ABX & herbs, without such a big herx or big herx for a long time.

Seems like only daily migratory symptoms, less the air hunger, head and neck pressures, & now knee pain. Even those seem to wax and wane from day to day and hour to hour.

With Cryptolepis I went from 5 drops to 10 drops the same night. The next day to 15 drops and that same night to 20 drops. Third day to 30 drops & then I felt slight more headache than usual.

The doc wants me to do 1 teaspoon 3x a day & I am handling it just fine. Seems like I am getting more episodes of air hunger though, but I don't know if this is coincidence?

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter experienced significant relief taking cryptolepis. Dont always assume its a herx.. This is a very strong herb and may not agree with everyone.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement