LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » All I Want To Do Is Sleep

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All I Want To Do Is Sleep
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessicabooklover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone...I have been so weak and exhausted lately. I think its a combo of vertigo and stomach stuff and having to do the TPN, but I just have no energy lately at all.

I am usually an insomniac, but lately I find myself sleeping a lot more. When I wake up from sleeping however I do not feel refreshed-sometimes I feel even more exhausted.

Not having any energy is really depressing me. Its like an effort to get off my couch and I am someone who needs to do a lot to feel ok about herself, so its just really frustrating.

I take B12 and magnesium..any other hints to bring my energy up? I tried provigil for awhile but it increased my twitches and tremors so I had to stop it. thanks. Jess.

Posts: 870 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life+Lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life+Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doing adrenal supplements has really helped me. I could sleep all day everyday, but it takes the edge off. Licorice Plus, Adrenal Complex, Adapten-All and LDN may help.

--------------------
You name it, I've got it.
Full-time medical anomaly.

Posts: 432 | From Southeast | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you treating babesia? It is usually the culprit when you want to sleep all the time and it also causes profound fatigue and vertigo.
It is best to treat babesia with mepron or malarone and zithro or biaxin. Rounds of Coartem are vey helpful.

Don't take magnesium unless you have tested negative for protomyxzoa or you will strengthen the biofilm. You need to be careful when you treat babesia that you don't make protomyxzoa stronger. PR thrives on fat so if you take the requires amount of fat for the malaria drugs, then the PR can multiply 100 times faster. There is some new research that shows it is best to take EDTA with phosphytidylcholine.

Take methyl B12 or hydroxy B12.
Acetyl L Carnitine, Co Q 10 and NADH are all good for fatigue but nothing will do any good until you address the infection causing it.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessicabooklover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi-yes I am serum positive for babs. I am allergic to mepron however, so that is out as a treatment option.

I do not eat much fat at all...and good tip about the magnesium, I was unaware of that.

I wonder if some of this fatigue is just my body finally breaking down from so many months of running on fumes. When you are a 31 year old woman and you are currently at your highest weight in almost a year, and that weight is a whopping 87 pounds, I suppose that alone is bound to make you tired too. Jess.

Posts: 870 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think when our bodies go into repair / rebuild mode, we feel very tired. That is one way our body can "talk" to us so we slow down and give it time to do its job.
Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WendyK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WendyK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like your body is telling you to let it rest so it can finally work on healing up now that its got something to work with! Don't beat yourself up about it - rest and recover.

--------------------
Wendy

Posts: 253 | From Near Albany, NY | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Babesia and slept 11 hours last night. I just need to sleep right now. I agree, my doc told me sleep is the silent nurse, I am letting her do the job.
Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Thanks everyone...and cozy, I like that idea of sleep being "the silent nurse"..that is such a cool way to look at it. Jess.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement