LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Horrible head pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Horrible head pain
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone...

I am 2.5 months in so far for treating babesia duncani (Mepron, Zithromax, Doxy and bacterium. Before starting treatment I already had pressure headaches, so I am not quite sure if Doxy is causing an increase in my pressure.

Two weeks ago I was put on Valtrex and 4 days later I had a horrible headache on top of my pressure headaches. I never took it since. The day after I felt horrible and a just very weird. It took me a few days to feel normal again (well not normal but you know).

Lately, my headaches have been much much much more intense in pressure. Its now not only pressure, but also a pain. My eyes are twitching a lot the past few days (they havent since my symptoms first started last year) and my ear are continuously popping and building up with pressure. If I hold my nose and blow out a little it relieves my head for a few seconds. When I touch the soft top part of my head, it greatly increases the pressure in my head and radiates down to my sinuses. When I touch the bone in the back of my neck, it increases the pressure as well.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on? Can I just be conitnuously herxing all the time in between medicine? It also seems like after everytime I eat and while I drive the pressure comes full force.

I am still wondering if its Babesia, bart, lyme, or unknown hhv6 causing my head pressure. Or mold, which my doctor shunned away when I mentioned it :/

Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I knew. I have the EXACT same problem. You described it to the tee. I couldn't tolerate Doxy either due to it. It's not pseudotumor cerebri either for me. This symptom singlehandedly has ruined my quality of life.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might be reacting to Valtrex.

I couldn't take that at all. Babesia itself can cause all that head pressure and eye problems so maybe you need to go up on the mepron? Or add arteminisin to the mix?

What does your doctor say?

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seekhelp- How long have you been experiencing this awful symptom? Mine has gotten much much worse since starting treatment. When it started alon with everything else last February, it was frontal, as time has progressed, it is global. Today I feel it a little in my face and that has never happened before. Do you have babesia? Have you ever wondered about mold? I want so badly to just believe it is babesia, bartonella and/or lyme causing it, but last year I was sleeping in a room with mold in it. I just wonder sometimes what would happen if I was prescribed an anti fungal. I keep reading pressure headaches are notorious for mold exposure, but then it is also for Babesia. I tested positive IgM for Duncani. Funny thing is I barely have ANY classic babesia symptoms.

Right now my llmd wants me at 1 tsp twice a day. I forgot to add that I am on 1200mg of artemisinin, cryptolepsis, and now sigua acuta. I added sigua acuta on Friday and my headaches have been much worse.

Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OtterJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OtterJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was using A-Bab and the pain in my head go worse. I had massive headaches to the point of vomitting. I finally went off the A-Bab and won't go near the stuff. They don't list the ingredients on the bottle so I don't know what I was reacting to. I ended up taking steroids for maybe 4 weeks. I tried tapering off, but the hideous pain would return. My only thoughts were that it was an imflammatory process that was causing the pain. xrunner, could you be reacting to the herbs, or are you having a herx and need to slow down your treatment?
Posts: 482 | From Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have the same headaches.

I would end up inthe ER because the Lyme and headaches literally made me feel like I was going to die.

I have been on meds, supplements, and detox long enough now I don't get the bad ones.

Now I just get them when a front or storm comes through.

Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen J.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristen J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the worst headaches, and could not tolerate treatment, but started LDN, and it made all the difference for me. I'm able to tolerate the remedies and the headaches are about 80% to 90% better.
Posts: 116 | From California | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twicebitten
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twicebitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine left as suddenly as they came. I'm not sure what I took that made them go. Maybe just the antibiotics. I had taken just about everything for "migraines" they made. I think there was one preventative drug for migraines that helped. I'm sorry but I can't recall the name.

I had been to ER several times and got shots of demerol/phenegrin mix that would help. If you do this be sure to take someone to ER with you to drive you home, as they wouldn't let me leave without someone to drive me home.

I had a pretty bad h/a recently when I began taking antibiotics again, probably a herx that time, but originally I'm not sure which infection was causing it. It is a horrible thing to endure, especially for months at a time.

I sincerely hope you find help and SOON. OH, and I remembered the drug it was topomax. I got it from a neurologist. It helped my head, at least from getting to the unbearable stage.

--------------------
One day at a time

Posts: 409 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement