LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Yay! My irregular heartbeat is gone!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yay! My irregular heartbeat is gone!!
Bugg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For years since contracting lyme and treating it with iv and oral abx, my heart would intermittently start beating rapidly. In particular, I would lay in bed at night and my heart would suddenly start going boom, boom, boom boom (rapidly flutter) and then beat normally again. It was so strange that i tried to convine myself i was just having indigestion. It was scary.

Vitamin d solved this for me. My neurologist told me to get my levels to 70. When i first started the vitamin d, it actually initially increased the heart flutters. That died down after several weeks of supplementing. I also made sure to get 1200 of calcium a day.

Supplementing with vitamin d has been a very painful process but Im definitely seeing improvements.

Hope this helps someone

Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailfeathers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39328

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tailfeathers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Bugg, how amazing! Great news! I've had this troubling symptom too and have been supplementing with Vit D3 and Calcium for years and even with treating low Vit D levels it hasn't made a difference with my heart stuff... but thanks so much for sharing this good news with us!
Posts: 394 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool.. It hasn't helped mine either but maybe things would be worse without it!?

Why do you say it was a painful process, Bugg??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The process has been painful for me as it dramatically kicked up my bone and muscle pain.....I've just kept at it, though, as part of the healing process...going through hell to get a little bit of relief in the end will be worth it to me...

As for my heart, i should clarify I was never diagnosed with a heart condition. I was just constantly havng these heart flutters. As you know, vitamin d helps to strengthen muscles. and the heart is a large muscle....so far, my heart is better and my eyesight is also sooo much better....I'm in my sixth month of supplementing and my last bloodwork showed I'm in the 50 range. I have to get it to 70. Just so you know, i did not have any improvement with my heart or eyes when my levels were still in the 30s range.

Oh, i also no longer have any weird dizzy or off balance feeling.

Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
migs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hard to say if there is a real correlation.

My arrythmia and pericarditis seemed to get better with antibiotic treatment and anti-inflammmatories, regardless of all else.

Posts: 410 | From Victoria BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone should get their levels checked, that's for sure.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your body needs Vitamin D to be able to absorb magnesium.

Cardiac arrythmias are a symptom of low magnesium.
All of your cells need magnesium to function properly.

I suspect that your increased Vitamin D levels have helped your body to absorb magnesium better.
Also look into Boron, which helps stop the kidneys from filtering out too much magnesium.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you notice any other benefits from Vitamin D? IN other words, did it help any other symptoms?

--------------------
Diagnosed Pos. Lyme Nov. 17, 2010, Igx.
Pos. Babesia Duncani March 2011, Igx.
Clinical diagnosis for Bartonella

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting! Thanks for sharing!
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Member # 8095

Jamers

Im in my sixth month of taking vitamin d. It has been profoundly difficult as it has dramatically increased my bone pain. Excruciating, really. People who have had severly low vitamind levels also report severe pain upon supplementing.

Anyway, thus far, here are the positives I have to report...much improved depression, anxiety, memory, sleep, heart, fatgue, no more dizziness,much less muscle twitching..

Bugg
Member # 8095

Oh and one other note worth mentioning is that the outer portions of my eyebrows grew in thick and full. I did not have any thyroid issues so it is all the vitamin d. My whole family cant believe it when they see my eyebrows now. They were so paltry for years during treatment and after treatment.

Also, it is imperative you consume at least 1000 mg a day of calcium. You need the calcium to repair bones and teeth. You also need it to help muscles relax and not cramp and twitch.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement