LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » MAGNESIUM - Links Set (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: MAGNESIUM - Links Set
packypacky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 41758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for packypacky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought magnesium is better to be avoided before major treatments were done, since it helps build up biofilm. I read about this a few years ago from betterhealthguy, and it seems come from Dr.H.

So should we take magnesium?

**edited name of LLMD**

[ 07-20-2016, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Posts: 101 | From nowhere | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
packypacky,

Though you posted months ago, hope you will see this.

Yes, absolutely, if we are deficient, we should supplement with a good quality magnesium that suits our body.

[And / or acquire it from magnesium rich foods or certain concentrated food supplements such as Chlorella which has a nice amount that you can find in charts for that.]

THREE x DAY, though is required - the total dose should never be all at once or even in half. At least 3 x day so that the kidneys can handle it and it all does not just get flushed out. Magnesium cannot be all absorbed at once, that's why about every 8 hours matters so much so as to keep a steady supply in our bodies.

Nearly all the ILADS "minded" LLMDs and LL NDs are on board with that since magnesium deficiency is so very common with lyme and also can cause severe trouble -- trouble that could be avoided.

As your post has turned the thread over to page 2, be sure to go back to page 1 to see good education materials & intracellular testing detail.

And, if you are working with a LLMD or LL ND, ask them for their advice / brand / timing, etc. for your specific protocol.
-

[ 06-25-2016, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I'm taking a formula with this included and needed to refresh memory.

http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/magnesium-ascorbate-health-benefits/2014/11/02/id/603447/

Magnesium Ascorbate: 6 Health Benefits of This Form of Magnesium

By Jonna Lorenz - 02 Nov 2014

Excerpts:

. . . Magnesium ascorbate is commonly marketed as a non-acidic source of vitamin C. . . .

. . . According to DrSircus.com: “Massive magnesium deficiencies in the general population have led to a tidal wave of sudden coronary deaths, diabetes, strokes and cancer.

Even a mild deficiency of magnesium can cause increased sensitivity to noise, nervousness, irritability, mental depression, confusion, twitching, trembling, apprehension, and insomnia.” . . .

[poster's note: other forms of magnesium can also be helpful for those symptoms, though, as detailed in links on page 1.]
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Potassium Sorbate ? (as a preservative in the magnesium liquid I have). In search of an answer, I like to look to

http://products.mercola.com/faq/vitamin-d-spray.htm#27

Mercola's site, excerpt:

27. Q: Why do you use potassium sorbate in the vitamin D3 spray? Is it a toxic preservative?

A: Potassium Sorbate is considered a natural preservative. It is a result of the reaction of sorbic acid with potassium hydroxide. This is not a toxic preservative.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
So much detail here that can be life-saving, and I'm not saying that lightly. I hope everyone will enjoy this exceptional article:

http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/calcium-magnesium-balance

Dr. Mark Sircus, Ac., OMD

CALCIUM MAGNESIUM BALANCE
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Extensive article, various video clips and also detail about Vitamins D and K2:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/07/25/magnesium-for-heart-health.aspx

Magnesium — An Essential Mineral for Heart Health

By Dr. Joseph Mercola - July 25, 2016
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
UKCARRY just posted this article in a separate thread:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/09/06/magnesium-deficiency-effects.aspx

Magnesium Deficiency Raises Your Risk of Many Chronic Ailments and Premature Death

By Dr. Mercola - Sept. 6, 2017
-

ukcarry
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Keebler!
Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.metabolics.com/blog/the-definitive-guide-to-magnesium-and-magnesium-supplements/

Another good piece on magnesium deficiency and a summary of the bioavailability of different forms of magnesium. So many of us with Lyme disease and other parasites have unhealthy gut symptoms that can seriously jeopardise absorption of magnesium and other key nutrients.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egc80
Member # 46507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for egc80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.
So, I've been drinking Natural Calm every night (for about 1 year or so) before bed and it was the only thing that helped my insomnia.

However, just last week my LLMD wanted me to switch to magnesium glycinate. Start with 100mg and work my way up each week until bowel distress then back off.

I've been taking 100mg a couple hours before bed for a week now and I'm having insane dreams. High stress/nightmare-ish/panic dreams that wake me up every night.

I try to go back to sleep but it just keeps happening.

Anyone have any idea? I've googled some and found that this could be a side effect?

I am definitely so drug sensitive. I have to start on tiny, baby doses of everything and have crazy reactions to meds most of the time.

Just wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge with this?

Posts: 24 | From Nashville, TN | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
egc,

You might copy & paste your question to make your very own thread so you get more replies.

As a links set, people may not be so inclined to look at this thread if they are not wanting to read up on & study links.

I don't know the answer for you but be sure to talk with your doctor about this. Reading through some of the articles might also help.

My first take is that I'd want to go back to the Natural Calm if it helps avoid nightmares.

Good luck.
-

ukcarry
Member # 18147

http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/forum/the-primal-blueprint-forum-discussion/primal-blueprint-nutrition/96593-magnesium-glycinate-and-dreams

There is a whole discussion on the above thread about magnesium glycinate and vivid dreams.

B6 is linked to vivid dreams/nightmares. Are you also taking B6 by any chance?

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26335852

Admission hypomagnesemia linked to septic shock in patients with systemic inflammatory response syndrome.

2015 - Ren Fail. 2015;37(9):1518-21.

Excerpt:

Conclusion: Patients with SIRS and hypoMg (<1.5 mg/dL) at the time of admission had increased risk of developing septic shock during hospitalization.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
https://drcarolyndean.com/2019/03/magnesium-crosses-the-bbb/

Magnesium Crosses the BBB [That's the Blood Brain Barrier - & it's a good thing]

Carolyn Dean, MD, ND - March 17, 2019
-

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement