LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mercury and Related Issues - The Domino Effect

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mercury and Related Issues - The Domino Effect
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mercury & Related Issues
The Domino Effect

According to Dr. Bruce Shelton, MD (H), Di.Hom, director of the Allergy Center in Phoenix, Arizona, "Mercury amalgams are as close as you can get to the center of the illness universe, their use in dentistry has set us up for most of the health problems we see today."

In his practice, Dr. Shelton frequently observes a domino effect of illness that begins with mercury toxicity. He reports that 90% of his patients who come in with allergies have an over-growth of the yeast-like fungus, Candida Albicans. This overgrowth can be due to heavy metals in the body, principally from mercury in the teeth, continually draining in minute amounts into body tissues."

"The next stage" he says of the domino effect, "is that patients in this predicament typically develop leaky gut syndrome. If we do not totally digest and absorb our foods before they are broken to basic chemicals, then we have a 'leaky gut.'� He says the "leaky gut syndrome s, in turn, to food allergies." He remarks the soon the person becomes a universal reactor, allergic to multiple chemicals, to almost everything. Environmental illness is then at hand.

"Although dental work tends to be very expensive, if you can get a patient to have their teeth corrected, they will get well," reports Dr. Shelton. Other contributing factors that are prevelant in this domino effect can also be an under-active thyroid, which is generally associated with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. He says that, "Specifically, in thyroid cases, the fifth tooth from the midline of the mouth (between the two front teeth), upper and lower, in both directions, frequently has a mercury filling or a root canal, or is in a state of degeneration in this situation. In other words, "potentially four different teeth can have a thyroid connection."

Another situation in the domino effect is the parasites, usually associated with the yeast or fungus infection. Patients or clients can have everything from tapeworms, pinworms, hookworms, etc. and these can be expelled naturally through various supplements or frequency equipment instruments, and colonics.

"Mercury then works on the Central Nervous System and damages the myelin sheath around the nerves. Heavy metals such as mercury act as free radical which are highly reactive, charged particles that can cause damage to body tissues. This cumulative poison builds up in the body with repeated exposure having devastating effects. It then can prevent nutrients from entering the cells and wastes from leaving, and block enzymes necessary for the body's detoxification processes," says Dr. Shelton.

Again, he says, "Mercury can bind to the DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) of cells, as well as to the cell membranes, distorting them and interfering with normal cell functions. When this happens, the immune system no longer recognizes the cell as part of the body and will attack it. This is the basis of an autoimmune disease."

Note: "Free radicals are formed when molecules within cells react with oxygen (oxidize) as part of normal metabolic processes. Free radicals then begin to break down cells, especially if there are not enough free radical quenching nutrients, such as vitamins C and E, in the cell. While free radicals are normal products of metabolism, uncontrolled free-radical production plays a major role in the development of degenerative disease, including cancer and heart disease. Free radicals harmfully alter important molecules, such as proteins, enzymes, fats, even DNA. Other sources of free radicals include pesticides, industrial pollutants, smoking, alcohol, viruses, most infections, allergies, stress, even certain foods and excessive exercise." Dr. Bruce Shelton, M.D.(H), Di.Hom.

Also Available is the Chart of Diseases Relating Specific Diseases to Specific Metals/Chemicals.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe it. All of it. I have gone thru hell from the mercury alone. I have much if not all of the toxic effects Dr. Shelton described. My body stopped absorbing nutrients.

I just got the last of my amalgams out. I'm free. :) My yeast has improved so much, it's amazing. It gets better (less and less) every couple of days. I'm no longer constantly getting up to use the bathroom all night. I can breathe better, think better, and communicate better too. Even my spine is better. I don't know why it took me so long to accept all of this. I guess it was from the brainwashing I was fed as a child: doctors and dentists know best. What a joke.

I feel like everyone here is on a whole other plane. I felt that way when I first got on Lymenet (shocked to discover the lyme controversy). Then I opened my mind to parasites. IMO, people who recognize that parasites are a big part of this illness are on a whole other plane altogether.

I'm onto my third plane now. Gigi, thank you SO MUCH for opening my eyes! Mercury has been the cornerstone of my yeast issues, not to mention the rest of my body.

Newbies and any yeast people, if you have yeast, consider heavy metals and get tested as soon as you can. You can save yourself a lot of time and misery. Remember though that tests are just tests (fallible). I had yeast before I ever tried abx. That was my first clue.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just tested positive for high levels of Lead & Mercury and I almost took care of the issue 2 years ago.

Wish I did it back then, knowing what I know now.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymedin, I know how you feel. I was tested 2 years ago and knew I had high metals, but never made the connections above, so I did nothing about it. I thought about getting my amalgams out then, but unfortunately never did it. I could have saved myself sooooooooo much misery. My mind wasn't open to accepting anything out of the norm back then.

I thought that there was simply no way dentists would be using amalgams if they weren't safe, so anything to the contrary seemed like chicken little panicking. Wrong. Non biological dentists don't have a clue, just like allopathic docs don't have a clue about lyme. Their minds are closed due to their education and the out-of-date idsa guidelines. They are like robots, not open to reason. Nothing gets in unless the person is not a know-it-all.

These people are all useless, IMO and a complete waste of time. I have since sought out practitioners who believe everything I tell them about my body. If more people did this, the slow pokes would lose patients and be forced to open their eyes and ears, or lose a lot of money while the alternative docs get all the business. Money talks.

Thanks again Gigi for tirelessly trying to help all of us. I for one greatly appreciate everything you have to say. :)

P.S. Lymed, I recently read on another forum that one of the lyme docs said lead makes mercury 100 times worse (my lead is high too).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Research done (check for details - I can't remember who did it - ) revealed that exposing 100 rats to one lethal dose of mercury killed one rat; however, exposing 100 rats to one lethal dose of mercury plus one lethal dose of lead killed all 100 rats.

Synergy in action.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

OMG (that explains the hell I've been through)!

It makes me sick that dentists are still putting this crap in people's mouths.

--------------------

Jamers
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are all heavy metals a problem when it comes to yeast? I tested very high for arsenic so I wonder if this is why I cannot get a handle on yeast?

--------------------
Diagnosed Pos. Lyme Nov. 17, 2010, Igx.
Pos. Babesia Duncani March 2011, Igx.
Clinical diagnosis for Bartonella

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Jamers, yes, usually all toxic metals are involved. Some show up earlier when testing, some show later.

From what I have learned from my doctor, detoxing heavy metals is necessary to get at the yeast.
I tested very high in arsenic very early and mercury did not show until a couple of years later. Lead surfaced somewhere in between.

And where there is toxic metal, there are parasites. That is another thing I learned.

Take care.

DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i also believe Lyme sequesters Mercury to assist in its cloaking.

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe this too and have seen a lot of it in my own case. Sadly, getting rid of amalgams is often only the beginning of ridding the body of the metals. If you have genetic detox problems, dealing with the problem is much worse.

The yeast persists as we try both to kill the borrelia and to chelate and detox the metals: metal traces and other toxic debris is released when the bacteria dies. Similarly, our attempts to chelate the metals provokes the body to increase the candida/yeast to sheath it from the poisonous metals.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UK,

i agree...of course i have to [Smile] ...i'm treating KPU and having my amalgams removed.

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement